• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sayalaska

Sergei Fedorov boos

Rate this topic

I'm glad Fedorov scored to win the game for Columbus. Its a joke that everytime he touched the puck he was booed by the fans tonight. He was such a HUGE part of the Stanley Cup teams here back in the 90's. I understand that he left for more money...so did Shanny....you gonna boo him too?

I do think it is semi-silly that people still boo. I get both sides. He did do a lot for the team during his tenure here, but I understand their frustration with him. But correct me if I am wrong, didn't both Fedorov & Shanahan leave for the same amount or less money?

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

I'm glad Fedorov scored to win the game for Columbus. Its a joke that everytime he touched the puck he was booed by the fans tonight. He was such a HUGE part of the Stanley Cup teams here back in the 90's. I understand that he left for more money...so did Shanny....you gonna boo him too?

Shanny didnt leave for money, he just felt it was his time to leave.

The way he left was questionable. Whether he was right/wrong in leaving that's your judgment call.

The booing isn't going away anytime soon though for better/worse. I'm over it, some people do it for s**ts and giggles, some people aren't over Fedorov leaving.

I'm done making a fuss over the whole deal because me commenting on it one way or the other isn't going to make it go away.

He actually didnt leave for more money it was the fact that steve was captain and fedorov wanted to be in the spotlight. He left so he could be the center of attention. Hes like the middle child who the parents ignored. Now he just plays for money and the girls he doesnt care about winning a cup.

I agree that it is low that ppl boo him. But truth be told, its all in love. The miss him, wish he hadnt left, and let it out in the wrong way.

And yes Shanny got a nice paycheque fro NY, but Detroit matched the offer ... Shanny just fealt it was time to go. And as I am sure others are mentioning ... Feds reasons for leaving were similar. He was offered MORE money by Detroit than other teams, and ended up with less with the Ducks. He wanted to move on for personal reasons and he did. We will always love him and miss him in Detroit whether some are willing to admit it or not.

He actually didnt leave for more money it was the fact that steve was captain and fedorov wanted to be in the spotlight. He left so he could be the center of attention. Hes like the middle child who the parents ignored. Now he just plays for money and the girls he doesnt care about winning a cup.

I don't know that it was the spotlight so much as ice time. Maybe it was the spotlight, in a way. He wanted to be the number one guy, and it's in Detroit you're always gonna be in Stevie's shadow.

As fr the other stuff about girls and winning a cup, be serious. We have no idea what Fedorov was thinking. I seem to remember him being in the midst of a divorce and asking for more time to consider the deal with the Wings, which he was not granted.

The way he left was questionable. Whether he was right/wrong in leaving that's your judgment call.

The booing isn't going away anytime soon though for better/worse. I'm over it, some people do it for s**ts and giggles, some people aren't over Fedorov leaving.

I'm done making a fuss over the whole deal because me commenting on it one way or the other isn't going to make it go away.

I'm over it as well. I was pissed when he left, but as they say, time heals all wounds. Actually with the Cap, I'm glad he did leave. Imagine having his contract around after 2003-04 when we were trying to buy out players?

The boooing doesn't bother me. Wings fans can do what they want.

I don't know that it was the spotlight so much as ice time. Maybe it was the spotlight, in a way. He wanted to be the number one guy, and it's in Detroit you're always gonna be in Stevie's shadow.

As fr the other stuff about girls and winning a cup, be serious. We have no idea what Fedorov was thinking. I seem to remember him being in the midst of a divorce and asking for more time to consider the deal with the Wings, which he was not granted.

In MY observation and MY opinion thats what he plays for. I bet him and lang came from the same mother.

Fedorov didn't leave for more money either.

I may need to add that fact to my signature.

Fans booing him is ridiculous. Fedorov won three Cups here in Detroit. Save the boos for guys like Pronger.

I dont remember saying Federov did leave for money, and i never said i agree with the booing. Because i dont agree with it, federov will always be one of my favs. I was just simply stating that shanny didnt leave for money.

I don't boo, it's not my style. But I've never understood why this stuff bothers people. Fedorov had his reasons for leaving, the fans have their reasons for booing. Cheer for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back. That's how it's supposed to go. Do what you can to give your team an edge. Get the players on the other team off their game.

It's booing, for cripes sake. This isn't some Greek tragedy. Nobody's wishing terrible things on the guy. They're freakin' booing. Fans aren't going to continue being loyal to a player if he stops being loyal to them. It's a two way street.

Non-issue.

And if you're happy Fedorov won the game for Columbus, then you're not a Red Wings fan. Just sayin'.

Fedorov didn't leave for more money either.

I may need to add that fact to my signature.

Do it! Your signature is classic! :thumbup:

Edit: The best one is, Just because you made the trade on your PS2 doesn't mean Holland can make it happen in the real world. :lol:

Edited by Barrie

Booing Fedorov is stupid.

I'm glad if anyone got the goal it was him, as it was poetic justice.

I don't care if it's for grins or because you have a severe dislike for him, it's just wrong to boo a former Red Wing...especially one who did so much for the team.

Now, it's just DUMB and embarassing, but it was REALLY MEAN spirited in the past. People were really mean and rude and classless when Sergei was first traded, so I don't feel like it's 'okay' to do it at all.

Even though it's just an echo of its former self...it needs to stop...it's so embarassing. For every other shootout shooter people were chanting 'Ozzy, Ozzy' but then they boo'ed for Sergei...ew.

And if you're happy Fedorov won the game for Columbus, then you're not a Red Wings fan. Just sayin'.

:rolleyes:

Even though it's just an echo of its former self...it needs to stop...it's so embarassing. For every other shootout shooter people were chanting 'Ozzy, Ozzy' but then they boo'ed for Sergei...ew.

:rolleyes:

Give it time, it'll stop.

Give it time, it'll stop.

I know it will (probably when he comes back next year :P ) but it's so annoying. I expect more from Wing fans. Also, they are REALLY bad at booing him.

Was this for me? You're rooting for the Blue Jackets to win the game and still think you're a Red Wings fan?

How's that work?

Wow, I thought I direct quoted you...

A real Red Wing fan would have known when I was doing this: :rolleyes: at them.

Alot of you guys must not go to college games. Which is good cuz you wouldnt like it. Fans chant "Siv siv siv" to the goalie and tell him its all his fault. When guys take penalties everyone waves and says see ya. Booing is all fun and games. If it bothers the players getting booed then they shouldnt play. You need a thick skin playing sports and being in the media. Look at cheli when he gets booed he laughs about..... I guess booing is mean and immoral tho....

It's all in good fun. Its pretty much a tradition to boo a former star player that goes off to another team. Not a big deal.....I bet everyone who was booing had a smile on their face while doing it.

I'm sick of the boos too....feds is still one of the reasons I fell in love with the red wings to begin with