• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sayalaska

Sergei Fedorov boos

Rate this topic

Something Offsides and OsGod forgot to mention :

Im sure all of you would be happy as hell if we could get rid of Lang and bring in Fedorov.

Would you still boo him then ?

I don't think anyone here would boo somebody on the Wings (except Lilja! :D ).

Naw, I really don't think anyone boos Lilja either. He is not a very good player, but you don't boo him. That just makes you look like an *******.

I don't think anyone here would boo somebody on the Wings (except Lilja! :D ).

Naw, I really don't think anyone boos Lilja either. He is not a very good player, but you don't boo him. That just makes you look like an *******.

I would never boo him. But God , I couldnt cheer him unless he scored the OT winner in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

I would never boo him. But God , I couldnt cheer him unless he scored the OT winner in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Really? Are you one of the bitter ones?

I understand if you are, considering the points being made of why he left. But I still don't agree with booing him, as it accomplishes nothing, and makes Detroit hockey fans look like jackasses, as David Vyborny has already put forward with his little comment.

Really? Are you one of the bitter ones?

I understand if you are, considering the points being made of why he left. But I still don't agree with booing him, as it accomplishes nothing, and makes Detroit hockey fans look like jackasses, as David Vyborny has already put forward with his little comment.

I was talking about Lilja :lol: !

N/M my typing is off case solved about :)

But alas... some people on here can still compare ourselves to Chicago booing Cheli and justifing it as being a-okay! :rolleyes:

Sad to say, but I agree with Vyborny's comment. The classyness that was hockeytown is slowly fading... I know Chicago fans are high class but come on, I don't strive to act like one :ph34r:

Edited by OsGOD

N/M my typing is off case solved about :)

But alas... some people on here can still compare ourselves to Chicago booing Cheli and justifing it as being a-okay! :rolleyes:

Sad to say, but I agree with Vyborny's comment. The classyness that was hockeytown is slowly fading... I know Chicago fans are high class but come on, I don't strive to act like one :ph34r:

That I found pretty funny too about Chelios. Chelios is basically booed in every arena he plays. He is majorly booed in Edmonton suprisingly, considering he has no emotional connection with the Oilers at all. But still though, it is a totally different situation. Chelios is booed by almost everyone. Fedorov is only booed by Wings fans. Now tell me if I'm wrong here, but I don't see any Dallas Stars fans booing Fedorov at every home game, or any other team for that matter. But Wings fans do it, and try and knock it off by comparing it Chelios being booed. Strange logic.

Was Feds a huge part of our Cups? Yes.

But are people forgetting what a drama queen he could be? The guy single handedly (along with that douchebag Karmanos) probably started the ball rolling on a salary cap... If you'll remember, Feds sat out almost an entire season as an RFA and Karmanos signed him to that crazy ass contract that was front loaded to the tune of at least $20 million if I remember correctly.

The guy has always been a great player when he decided to be, but he took a lot of nights off. He had amazing talent, but never had the heart and determination of Stevie. That is why his childish antics will always be remembered and his whiney ass will be boo'd by Wings fans.

Stop living in your dream world about what great character he had, because it just isn't true. He was selfish and he should have never left the Wings.

You could even go so far as saying we have yet to win a cup without Sergei.

You could, and you'd be right, but as I reiterate non-stop: correlation does not mean causation. The Wings' problems have been numerous since the dream team's victory.

But are people forgetting what a drama queen he could be? The guy single handedly (along with that douchebag Karmanos) probably started the ball rolling on a salary cap...

Sakic and Neil Smith did it before Sergei.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

That I found pretty funny too about Chelios. Chelios is basically booed in every arena he plays. He is majorly booed in Edmonton suprisingly, considering he has no emotional connection with the Oilers at all. But still though, it is a totally different situation. Chelios is booed by almost everyone. Fedorov is only booed by Wings fans. Now tell me if I'm wrong here, but I don't see any Dallas Stars fans booing Fedorov at every home game, or any other team for that matter. But Wings fans do it, and try and knock it off by comparing it Chelios being booed. Strange logic.

Here's a simple question. What does Chelios being booed in Chicago have to do with Feds beigns booed in Detroit. Ummm...how about ******* nothing.

Who cares if Hawks fans and the rest of league boo Chelly, it has absolutely nothing to do with Fedorov. Jesus Christ, the crazy tangents people fly off on trying to make a point for or against booing Fedorov. It's ridiculous. \

Feds isn't a Wing so he's gonna get booed by some folks. Not everybody has to agree on loving or hating him. Fans have a choice and some choose to boo. Who is anybody here to challenge another persons right to do as they wish. Talk about arrogance.

You want to boo Feds then do so. You don't want to boo him the fine. But quit trying to convince people on the other side of the aisle that they're being unreasonable. There's legitamate reasonses on both sides of the fence. Nobody on one side is going to convince anybody on the other. As far as i'm concerned, the booing of Fedorov ranks somewere slightly above the value of Deveraux or Kuznetsov to this organization as of today. It's a worthless and competely banal topic.

***** about our lackluster powerplay or our inability to beat a bottom feeder like Columbus. Why discuss Fedorov right now? What the f*** does he have to do with our future and our place in today's standings and tomorrow's playoffs?

NOTHING. We need to get off the peas and focus on the steak. We're arguing about an issue which is a complete non issue to our hockey club. It's enough to make a sane person nausceaus.

f*** Fedorov and the people who boo him. Who the f*** cares. Its such a stupid topic it belittles the intelligence of anybody with an IQ higher than a sack of rusted nails.

Oh jeez, excuse me, I have to go clean up my floor. I just vomited all over the place because of this stupid topic. Uh oh, I feel it coming on again. I'm gonna blow chunks all over the place. As a matter of fact, the little chunks of vomitus i'm spewing all over my basement mean more to me right now than anything to do with Sergei Fedorov. So excuse me while I spend my time concentrating on cleaning up my vomit, a much more Red Wings oriented topic than Sergei at this point.

Feds isn't a Wing so he's gonna get booed by some folks. Not everybody has to agree on loving or hating him. Fans have a choice and some choose to boo. Who is anybody here to challenge another persons right to do as they wish. Talk about arrogance.

***** about our lackluster powerplay or our inability to beat a bottom feeder like Columbus. Why discuss Fedorov right now? What the f*** does he have to do with our future and our place in today's standings and tomorrow's playoffs?

NOTHING. We need to get off the peas and focus on the steak. We're arguing about an issue which is a complete non issue to our hockey club. It's enough to make a sane person nausceaus.

f*** Fedorov and the people who boo him. Who the f*** cares. Its such a stupid topic it belittles the intelligence of anybody with an IQ higher than a sack of rusted nails.

Points well taken. I did not want to respond to this thread for those same reasons. Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a stupid topic, Fedorov IMO should hold a place in the hearts of all Wings fans in some kind of positive way, he's going to get some attention still.

I'll be the first to admit he rubs me the wrong way sometimes with his personality. But the way he played on the ice more often than not spoke for itself.

A good part of me does miss him on the Wings, in spite of all the contract mess his final year.

However, I could really give two s**ts about the booing as I probably stated on the first page of this topic. To get all hellbent out of shape over it years and years later, is a waste of effort IMO. People boo him. Yeah, it's a bit silly, but who cares that badly?

People aren't going to stop jeering him until he retires or if he ever comes back to the Wings. The ones who liked him a lot, I'm sorry, but you aren't going to change their minds or the jeering, even though I know you would like to. We all know what he meant to this organization in spite of the jeering, so let's all just move on with our lives...

Here's a simple question. What does Chelios being booed in Chicago have to do with Feds beigns booed in Detroit. Ummm...how about ******* nothing.

Who cares if Hawks fans and the rest of league boo Chelly, it has absolutely nothing to do with Fedorov. Jesus Christ, the crazy tangents people fly off on trying to make a point for or against booing Fedorov. It's ridiculous. \

You want to boo Feds then do so. You don't want to boo him the fine. But quit trying to convince people on the other side of the aisle that they're being unreasonable. There's legitamate reasonses on both sides of the fence. Nobody on one side is going to convince anybody on the other. As far as i'm concerned, the booing of Fedorov ranks somewere slightly above the value of Deveraux or Kuznetsov to this organization as of today. It's a worthless and competely banal topic.

Oh jeez, excuse me, I have to go clean up my floor. I just vomited all over the place because of this stupid topic. Uh oh, I feel it coming on again. I'm gonna blow chunks all over the place. As a matter of fact, the little chunks of vomitus i'm spewing all over my basement mean more to me right now than anything to do with Sergei Fedorov. So excuse me while I spend my time concentrating on cleaning up my vomit, a much more Red Wings oriented topic than Sergei at this point.

but if you were to listen to some of the cry babies posting here feds was the only reason det did anything...

GordieSid&Ted you need to say your sorry. you should kiss the ground feds walks on...and you shoudl be happy it was him that scored on us the other night. matter of fact...someone needs to get with them for next game and tell them everytime feds touches the puck we will let him skate right in and score...thats the least we could do because he was the reason we won all those pretty cups.

he made his choice to go to another team....im going to boo him just because half you people say its wrong to do so.

thats what sports is all about...entertainment..if it makes me feel good to boo then thats what im going to do.

Wow, this is pretty much the most pointless thing that has been posted THUS far. If it bothers you so much, why are you reading it? That seems to put your IQ in question...hmm?

You just pretty much insulted everyone who's posted in this thread on either side, (including yourself) while pretty much doing what you are critisising others for doing...posting on this matter.

Points well taken. I did not want to respond to this thread for those same reasons. Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

You just responded. What is the point of responding to a topic to say that no one needs to respond to it?

However, I could really give two s**ts about the booing as I probably stated on the first page of this topic. To get all hellbent out of shape over it years and years later, is a waste of effort IMO. People boo him. Yeah, it's a bit silly, but who cares that badly?

It bothers Fedorov still because for some reason he still cares about this city. It bothers me because it's so embarassing and I'm actually at the games and it's very annoying, and not very Red Wing like.

BOO!

Ha! People named Bertuzzi shouldn't throw stones. :P

Was Feds a huge part of our Cups? Yes.

But are people forgetting what a drama queen he could be? The guy single handedly (along with that douchebag Karmanos) probably started the ball rolling on a salary cap... If you'll remember, Feds sat out almost an entire season as an RFA and Karmanos signed him to that crazy ass contract

It was 16m in the first season and 14m the next year (because of signing and playoff bonuses) Fedorov was the best player in the world at the time. His contract averaged out, includingall bonuses, toabout 6.3m per season.

That's LESS than Joe Sakic was offered per season by the Rangers in the summer of 1997. Sakic's first year totaled up at 17m, with the same 2m base salary Feds had. Sakic's total contract value was 21m over 3 years.

As of 1997, Fedorov had more career awards (Hart, Selke x2, Pearson) than Sakic (Smythe) and yet the offer he signed was LOWER and LONGER than Sakic's even though Feds hit more bonuses.

Complaining about Fedorov's deal without also saying Sakic's was crazy is akin to saying 'Datsyuk's 2 year, 3.9m contract was OK, but that bum Zetterberg shouldn't have been so greedy.'

but if you were to listen to some of the cry babies posting here feds was the only reason det did anything...

GordieSid&Ted you need to say your sorry. you should kiss the ground feds walks on...and you shoudl be happy it was him that scored on us the other night. matter of fact...someone needs to get with them for next game and tell them everytime feds touches the puck we will let him skate right in and score...thats the least we could do because he was the reason we won all those pretty cups.

he made his choice to go to another team....im going to boo him just because half you people say its wrong to do so.

thats what sports is all about...entertainment..if it makes me feel good to boo then thats what im going to do.

People boo Fedorov BECAUSE he was a huge part of the Cup teams.

Shanahan left in the EXACT same fashion as Fedorov. Why doesn't Shanny get booed? Because as good as he was for us, Fedorov was MUCH better.

Lapointe, Ward, Dandenault, Hull, Robitaille, Devereaux were all regulars for a Cup run and left via free agency. None got booed.

Why does Fedorov get booed? Because he is the greatest center to wear the Wings jersey not named Steve Yzerman, and people feel we could have won more Cups if he had stayed. Peple take it as a personal insult that Fedorov left the Wings and ruined our Cup chances.

Had Fedorov stayed, the Wings likely would have done better in the postseason, because even as good as Lang played for us, Fedorov was MUCH better, and was better at both ends than Lang could ever hope to be. Without Feds, we haven't had that explosive scorer with high speed and skill.The closest we have is Zetterberg, who just doesn't have Sergei's explosiveness.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Wow, this is pretty much the most pointless thing that has been posted THUS far. If it bothers you so much, why are you reading it? That seems to put your IQ in question...hmm?

You just pretty much insulted everyone who's posted in this thread on either side, (including yourself) while pretty much doing what you are critisising others for doing...posting on this matter.

You just responded. What is the point of responding to a topic to say that no one needs to respond to it?

It bothers Fedorov still because for some reason he still cares about this city. It bothers me because it's so embarassing and I'm actually at the games and it's very annoying, and not very Red Wing like.

Ha! People named Bertuzzi shouldn't throw stones. :P

Hahaha, you're a funny guy.

You see, when I see a forum full of people rehashing a pointless and stupid topic that has absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever and no conclusion I post my opinion about how stupid and pointless a topic it is in the hopes that people might want to let it go, stop bringing it up every single time we play Fedorov and maybe, just maybe move on to another topic.

Since you don't get that, i'm going to lump you right in there with that sack of rusted nails. Maybe some of it will rub off on you and you'll get a clue.

As for booing him not being very "Red Wing" like. HAHA, WTF are you talking about dreamer. Find for me in an encyclopedia or wherever a description of what it is to be red-wing like. Your a namby-pamby puss and you can't take that Fedorov gets booed. Pooh, pooh for you.

I don't boo him and I think its silly that he gets booed still. But get over it. People have a right to boo any damned player who isn't wearing a Red Wings sweater, hell they have a right to boo our own Redwings for that matter. And for you to tell them it isn't right or "red-wing like". Who the F*** are you. You're nobody. Take your sentimentality and idealism to bed with you and cuddle up with your teddy bear if you can't handle the booing. Or better yet, go be a Blue Jackets fan, they don't boo Fedorov so that oughta make you happy.

Rather than a Wing? That seems sort of silly.

Nope.. but since a wing Obviously wasn't going to get it, I am glad it was Sergei!

Edited by OsGOD

Why it bugs people so much that he gets booed is crazy to me. I dont agree with it, but i dont exactly care either.

And about people talking about other teams who boo, who the heck cares, and last of all i could careless what Vyborny a division rival has to say about Detroit.

Hahaha, you're a funny guy.

And for you to tell them it isn't right or "red-wing like". Who the F*** are you. You're nobody. Take your sentimentality and idealism to bed with you and cuddle up with your teddy bear if you can't handle the booing. Or better yet, go be a Blue Jackets fan, they don't boo Fedorov so that oughta make you happy.

Good God... I hope she is not a dude!

Maybe red-wing like isn't the exact word... Classless is more along the lines... Coined Hockeytown, one would imagine we would have a little higher class or standards than all the other teams like the Chicago's of the league and such.

I still hold that Vyborny was right on with his assesment about our fans. We should no longer comment on the fans of other orgs because to justify what we do, we put ourselves on their level... So and so does it, so its alright.

Many Red Wings fans at the games and watching elsewhere are classless. Relentless booing of certain key players in Red Wings history just glorifies that assesment.

Edited by OsGOD

My dad and I got into a legitimate argument over this Thursday night.

He's from the school that Sergei is and always was a greedy bastard and deserves the boos for as long as he plays.

I think it's gotten a little too far. Yeah, he was greedy, yeah, he left for the Ducks...but he was a great player and one that was absolutely necessary in our run to 3 cups....so I just think enough is enough already. His response was that Chicago fans still boo Cheli...I said, "Do we really wanna associate our actions with those of Blackhawks fans?" "Fair enough".