• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sayalaska

Sergei Fedorov boos

Rate this topic

What an embarrassing display by Redwing Fans. Sergei Federov is a class act. He helped this team win 3 Stanley Cups and this is the thanks he gets????

He easily could have rubbed it in after scoring the winning goal in the shootout but instead took the high road and didn't celebrate. No arms in the air or fist pump. He just skated off the ice with his head down like a true professional. I have even more respect for him after that.

It made about as much sense as what you said.

If you cheered for the Blue Jackets to win the game, just because you like the player on their team who scored the goal, then you're not a Red Wings fan. Because a Red Wings fan wants the Red Wings to win.

Why doesn't this make sense?

If you cheered for the Blue Jackets to win the game, just because you like the player on their team who scored the goal, then you're not a Red Wings fan. Because a Red Wings fan wants the Red Wings to win.

I never said that I did cheer for the Blue Jackets, but that I was glad if they had to win that Sergei scored the goal. But you can't just say that if you were to cheer for the Blue Jackets that you are not a Red Wing fan. You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't make it the truth.

So I can say that if you boo a former Red Wing that you aren't a true Red Wing fan. Sergei did more than most of the current Red Wings roster. Anyone who boos him is not a true Red Wing fan...he helped us win our last 3 Cups. That blanket statement will surely get some defiance.

The key word is WAS. Fedorov WAS a part of the Wings and three Cups.

Fans booing him is totally deserved. He's part of the opposition NOW.

In addition he left the Wings organization like a petulant child.

Edited by auxlepli

I never said that I did cheer for the Blue Jackets, but that I was glad if they had to win that Sergei scored the goal. But you can't just say that if you were to cheer for the Blue Jackets that you are not a Red Wing fan. You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't make it the truth.

So I can say that if you boo a former Red Wing that you aren't a true Red Wing fan. Sergei did more than most of the current Red Wings roster. Anyone who boos him is not a true Red Wing fan...he helped us win our last 3 Cups. That blanket statement will surely get some defiance.

I'm cheering for the guys on my team NOW. Is the way to support the "current Red Wings roster" to cheer for the guys who play for other teams now to beat them?

I'm not saying people have to boo former players or hate them. I'm saying if you're cheering on a division rival to beat the Red Wings in a critical game in the battle for the division, then you're not a fan of this team now. Because if you were, you'd cheer them on to win every time they take the ice. Team first, players second.

Fedorov didn't leave for more money either.

I may need to add that fact to my signature.

Fans booing him is ridiculous. Fedorov won three Cups here in Detroit. Save the boos for guys like Pronger.

Your signature should be some type of forum credo. *sigh* The more I agree with you the more desperate things get around here :lol:

No it isn't at all. I can list dozens of well respected FORMER Red Wings who left for money or other reasons. The way people treat Feds is BS, of course I've no more right to dictate their behaviour then you do :P

Feds left for many reasons that are mostly all speculative. It wasn't money because he got less with anaheim. Part of it was that he wanted to be the teams go to guy which wasnt going to happen here with Yzerman, you cannot fault him for that. and I believe part of it was that his life was in bad shape. That was when he got the divorce from kournikova, and he probably needed a fresh start to clear his mind (though that is only my opinion not fact).

He always will be my favorite player, not hapy we lost at all, but not happy he gets booed either.

Good Article on why we shouldn't boo Feds at all.

He said he appreciated how the fans treated him in Detroit, and then we treat him like s***??? THe guy needed a change and wanted more ice time, is that not a valid reason to leave a team? Granted I too was sad when he left but if people truly like this guy they will root for him wherever he goes and still be a red wings fan too...its 100% possible

He also just wanted more time and never formmally rejected the 5 yr 50 million dollar offer that was pulled off the table...

Brisson took exception to reports that Fedorov declined the Wings' original five-year offer worth $50 million.

Fedorov was in the midst of a divorce from Anna Kournikova, Brisson said, and was terminating his relationship with previous agents Mike Liut and Brian Lawton.

Brisson said Fedorov simply wanted more time to think about the offer, while also finding new representation.

"It's disappointing that Sergei is being portrayed as a greedy athlete by some, when that's not true at all," Brisson said.

LINK

So a guy sorting through his personal life gets no respect than??? He still wanted to go back the to 5 yr offer and Holland wouldn't which I think was part of why he left (again my opinoin only)

I just don't think its right to boo a guy that did so much and left for many reasons NONE of which were the money

I don't advocate the booing at all. I did when Fedorov left, and wanted to rip his face off just as much as anyone else. But I look back at it now, and it's stupid to boo him. He left me with a lot of memories, and despite his sometimes petty attitude, he was always one of my favorite players with the Wings. It just doesn't seem right to boo him anymore. And as someone already said, it's a huge bonus not having his contract count against the cap.

You know what I really don't understand though? People come down on Fedorov when he comes here, yet I remember people saying they would cheer Shanahan when he comes back to Joe Louis. I don't get that. Why should Fedorov be booed and Shanahan not?

Guest LivingtheDream

He actually didnt leave for more money it was the fact that steve was captain and fedorov wanted to be in the spotlight. He left so he could be the center of attention. Hes like the middle child who the parents ignored. Now he just plays for money and the girls he doesnt care about winning a cup.

Playing for girls in LA is one thing, playing for the girls in Columbus is quite another! The only spoltlight in Columbus is from a police helicopter after a college football game. Poor Sergei - he really blew it and has a couple thousand WIngs fants to remind him of it 4 games a year.

It's great to see so many who are over the hole booing Fedorov thing. It's stupid but I guess some people can't get over the fact that he left yet. I for one was also hppy that at least it was Fedorov that bit us in the end after a pretty loud booing session. It sucked that we lost nonetheless. So does Hitch really have it in for Sergei or what? Putting him in the 6th spot of the shootout.

I'm glad Fedorov scored to win the game for Columbus. Its a joke that everytime he touched the puck he was booed by the fans tonight. He was such a HUGE part of the Stanley Cup teams here back in the 90's. I understand that he left for more money...so did Shanny....you gonna boo him too?

I was thinking the same exact thing last night, even though I always will be a fan of Sergei's and it makes no sense to me to Boo at all, I understand however how they feel but I still don't understand after all this time why people would still BOO, let it rest its just stupid to boo.

I was saying Hitchcock don't want to use Sergei in the shoot-out because he knows they will boo him but come on now, Sergei know's Osgood like a book and can beat him any day of the week.

I wanted the wings to Win but people booing Fedorov then he takes his shot and makes it look way to easy. He rsent his response in the form of the winning goal.

then that retard chick on FSN said "Yeah uhh We were Uhh booing Fedorov here in the studio too ha ha"

and why is he back playing D?? Hitchcock is no Scotty.

Edited by WingNutt

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'm glad Fedorov scored to win the game for Columbus. Its a joke that everytime he touched the puck he was booed by the fans tonight. He was such a HUGE part of the Stanley Cup teams here back in the 90's. I understand that he left for more money...so did Shanny....you gonna boo him too?

What the hell is a matter with you people? You're glad Fedorov got the winner. You're glad we got beat by ******* Columbus when we desperately need that extra point to catch Nashville.

This Fedorov thing is just ridiculous. But what's even more ridiculous is that people won't let other people ******* do as they wish. You don't want to boo Fedorov but would rather appreciate what he did when he was here, awesome, do that and shut the f*** up.

You want to boo Fedorov's ass for any reason whatsoever that you can come up with, ummm.....like the fact that he plays for another ******* team, then great, you should be allowed to do that without people trying to convince you otherwise using facts or opinions dressed up to look like facts.

Watching the game last night I just chuckled that he was getting booed. I mean seriously, he didn't even get booed much in the first period and it seemed like once people started to actually sit down and pay attention, those that showed up anyway, then the booing picked up. I was chuckling because of how lame it is to constantly boo the guy. Who cares about this guy anymore? He's not a wing, he's on another team, in our division no less and its a crappy team and they just stole a point from us at home. That was a huge gimme point that we should've gotten. I don't know what it is about Columbus but we can go in and dominate Nashville in a season series and squeak out .500 hockey against the Jackets makes me and probably Babcock want to yank our friggin hair out.

Some people are going to boo Fedorov until his last day in the NHL. So what, let them. They aren't asking you to agree with them and you sure as hell aren't going to change their minds now. It's been how many years now since he left? Do we honestly have to keep drudging up this ridiculously stupid topic everytime the Jackets play at the Joe?

But being glad Fedorov beat us just because you think its unfair that he gets booed sounds completely ******* stupid to me. We needed that point. What the hell is more important to you, Fedorov's feelings or the possibly winning the division and conference?

Stupid topic.

I am a huge Fedorov fan and always have been. He always showed up to play in the playoffs, and produced an average of a point a game in his time at Detroit. That has to count for something.

Let people boo all they want. If people can't see how valuable he was, then I don't know if they are real Wings fans.

You can like other players than the ones on the Wings and still be a Wings fan. Last year when the Wings were eliminated, I rooted for the Grease until the Finals and then I rooted for the Canes. I just wanted the team that beat the Wings to go as far as they could and then not win the Cup. It makes sense in my mind because I can then say, "Well the Wings would have crushed the Canes...again."

If the Wings were meant to lose to the Jackets, I'm happy that the player that killed the Wings is Sergei.

Agreed. I appreciate what he did for the Wings, but I don't have much respect for him after the way he left.

What the hell is a matter with you people? You're glad Fedorov got the winner. You're glad we got beat by ******* Columbus when we desperately need that extra point to catch Nashville.

This Fedorov thing is just ridiculous. But what's even more ridiculous is that people won't let other people ******* do as they wish. You don't want to boo Fedorov but would rather appreciate what he did when he was here, awesome, do that and shut the f*** up.

You want to boo Fedorov's ass for any reason whatsoever that you can come up with, ummm.....like the fact that he plays for another ******* team, then great, you should be allowed to do that without people trying to convince you otherwise using facts or opinions dressed up to look like facts.

Watching the game last night I just chuckled that he was getting booed. I mean seriously, he didn't even get booed much in the first period and it seemed like once people started to actually sit down and pay attention, those that showed up anyway, then the booing picked up. I was chuckling because of how lame it is to constantly boo the guy. Who cares about this guy anymore? He's not a wing, he's on another team, in our division no less and its a crappy team and they just stole a point from us at home. That was a huge gimme point that we should've gotten. I don't know what it is about Columbus but we can go in and dominate Nashville in a season series and squeak out .500 hockey against the Jackets makes me and probably Babcock want to yank our friggin hair out.

Some people are going to boo Fedorov until his last day in the NHL. So what, let them. They aren't asking you to agree with them and you sure as hell aren't going to change their minds now. It's been how many years now since he left? Do we honestly have to keep drudging up this ridiculously stupid topic everytime the Jackets play at the Joe?

But being glad Fedorov beat us just because you think its unfair that he gets booed sounds completely ******* stupid to me. We needed that point. What the hell is more important to you, Fedorov's feelings or the possibly winning the division and conference?

Stupid topic.

your not getting the point. The point is not that we wanted Columbus to Win or anything like that. Most of us on this thread feel it is stupid to Boo Fedorov who in my mind will ALWAYS be a Red Wing. He has mentioned before that He considers Detroit Home, this was just after he got traded to Columbus. The guy knew he had pissed some fans off and said he understood why they were bitter, but now he don't understand why after all this time people won't let it die and move on.

Sergei is not the only Red Wing to leave on terms of keeping fans. Like someone mentioned earlier should we BOO Shanny?? He left for less money that what we were going to give him. One could say we could all be more bitter towards Shanny than Fedorov. But no people don't BOO Shanny at all. I won't boo him because deep down he is still a wing to me. I don't like the guy as much for being a trader but I know he is a good guy and gave us alot of good years and memories. So I don't boo him, let him do what he wants.

So this is why its stupid to BOO Fedorov. and Why it is funny that all the fans ignorant enough to Boo Fedorov. got shutup when he scored.

Thanks for the Jinx guys We need to win that game

From Mlive:

"Friday, March 23, 2007

Jax take Fedorov booing personally

The Blue Jackets don't find any humour in the fact that so many fans still boo Sergei Fedorov:

March 23, Columbus Dispatch: "They're all over him here," Rick Nash said. "This is kind of like sticking it right back at them."

It was a Russian novel of a game with a wicked ending. The Blue Jackets played exquisitely for two periods, gave up a goal midway through the third period, scored with 2 minutes, 42 seconds remaining in regulation and hung on for their lives to get to the shootout.

"It's bull the way they treat him here," Vyborny said. "They call this Hockeytown. I don't think so. That was a nice, happy ending for him."

Fedorov's smile said everything. He looked like he'd just won the Norris Trophy. But he wouldn't talk about the gratification he must have felt other than to say, "My heart ached."

It's too bad that a few thousand morons give Hockeytown a bad reputation."

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

One of the main reasons Shanahan left was because he felt it was time for the young guns of the team to get the ice time they deserved. And due to the fact Yzerman retired, he felt it was the changing of the guard. Shanahan deserves nothing but respect and I believe his situation is different to that of Fedorov’s.

One of the main reasons Shanahan left was because he felt it was time for the young guns of the team to get the ice time they deserved. And due to the fact Yzerman retired, he felt it was the changing of the guard. Shanahan deserves nothing but respect and I believe his situation is different to that of Fedorov’s.

Thats a nice way to put it. If that was the case, then Why didn't Shanny just retire as a Red Wing if the reason he left was to HELP the team and give the young guys more playing time, thats the coach's concern not his. Feel however you want Neither Shanny or Feds deserve to get booed out of respect.

What through free agency? Maybe it'd of been better if he left like Barry left the Lions? This just proves my point even more that wings fans are greedy and spolied. Nothing is ever enough. I love the high horse act pulled around here too. So you cheer for a former wing great and want to see him do well, that makes you not a wings fan? Yet alot of them are the same people who spew crap statements about half the roster on the team now. It's a joke, just like the stupid booing. I've said it before, the ones booing are like the dumped girlfriend who just can't get over it, and if your not in that catagory you just follow the heard of idiots, which is even worse. Let me guess, you'd all boo Lids if he did the same thing, or maybe Lapointe, or Shanny? If anyone is a "petulant child" it's the jack ass cry babies at the joe who can't grow up and get over it. I hope (and I'm sure he does)he realizes that these blind bafoons don't speak for the entire fan base, there are some ones who realize his accomplishments, and are thankful. This fanbase is so fickle and ridiculous. I can totally see why most of the leauge hates Wings fans. Arrogent and spoiled, just like they always say.

Edited by bringback91

Sergei leaves for selfish reasons = Boo

Shanny leaves for selfless reasons = Cheer

Plus, Detroit doesn't have anyone else to boo (and actually hate, for real), but once we do I predict Sergei's booing will abate.

I also predict no arena will cheer louder for Sergei when it comes time to hang them up.

/philospher non grata

Guest GordieSid&Ted

your not getting the point. The point is not that we wanted Columbus to Win or anything like that. Most of us on this thread feel it is stupid to Boo Fedorov who in my mind will ALWAYS be a Red Wing. He has mentioned before that He considers Detroit Home, this was just after he got traded to Columbus. The guy knew he had pissed some fans off and said he understood why they were bitter, but now he don't understand why after all this time people won't let it die and move on.

Sergei is not the only Red Wing to leave on terms of keeping fans. Like someone mentioned earlier should we BOO Shanny?? He left for less money that what we were going to give him. One could say we could all be more bitter towards Shanny than Fedorov. But no people don't BOO Shanny at all. I won't boo him because deep down he is still a wing to me. I don't like the guy as much for being a trader but I know he is a good guy and gave us alot of good years and memories. So I don't boo him, let him do what he wants.

So this is why its stupid to BOO Fedorov. and Why it is funny that all the fans ignorant enough to Boo Fedorov. got shutup when he scored.

Thanks for the Jinx guys We need to win that game

I'm on the side of the non-booers simply because I'm not one to boo anyway. Here's the thing, booing Fedorov because of why he left is silly imo but people are going to do it so why the hell do we have to keep covering the topic. Nothing is going to change, some will boo, some wont, let it be.

However, not booing Fedorov simply because he was a great Wing isn't right either. IMO, I don't want any other player to succeed against the Wings and in that respect I can see some people booing perhaps. I know this isn't the case for Feds but i'm just bringing it up because the fact is Fedorov plays for another team and that makes him 100% an acceptable target for booing. He isn't a WIng so people can boo him all they want IMO for whatever reasons they want, legit or not.

But this thread started with somebody saying they were glad Feds scored the winner and others were glad as well. That's ridiculous horse s*** and those are the people I think aren't true Wings fans because their loyalty should be with this team not the Feds teams of years past.

Bottom line is booing him is going to happen and you don't know all the reasons why some boo. Just because he was a former wing doesn't shield him from booing, even though that's not the real reason he gets booed. We don't have to be loyal to him any more.