• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mighty Wings

Shootout lineup from the game

Rate this topic

Was Norrena standing on his head or were cleary, samuelsson and franzen useless?

Norrena wasn't really standing on his head. Samuelsson was the biggest waste, he looked effortless.

Cleary scored, on kind of a lame goal but hey it works.

Franzen had a pretty good deak but Norrena stopped it.

So the conclusion is average shots, and average saves.

He shot at the All-Star Game, he had a penalty shot last season. Both were pretty lame low blocker shots, easily stopped, if I remember correctly.

Yea, the one at the All-Star game was pretty lame I'd say too, but it also didn't seem very thought out.....If players even do that. :blush:

Wow. Shootouts are where you usually let skill players loose. I can understand cleary because he was great tonight. But Lang, Calder and Hudler were also available but weren't chosen at all. Weird. Wonder what babcock was thinking

I have mixed feelings about the shootout. On one hand I like the excitement it brings to the game, but it’s not won as a team like it should be… instead it’s a one on one performance between the goalie and the shooter.

I was surprised the see Sammy before rex, but im not the coach, and don’t know what goes on behind the game itself. Considering our overall record I will trust Babs to do what’s best for the team.

Wow. Shootouts are where you usually let skill players loose. I can understand cleary because he was great tonight. But Lang, Calder and Hudler were also available but weren't chosen at all. Weird. Wonder what babcock was thinking

Lang sucks on shootouts, he's pretty much the same as Sammy. I don't know about Calder. Hudler is automatic in my book. I would have him shoot after Dats in that situation. But over Sammy and Lang I also have Homer, Lebda, and even Maltby since they at least will try a move and not just shoot at the smallest spot they can find.

that move is constantly used by jussi jokinen on the dallas stars, and for some reason our goalies can never stop it

jussi jokinen had 10 shootout goals or so last year and used it twice, the other eight times he didnt go to the backhand and stuck with the forehand, thus making the goalies think they know what hes doing, but then going to the backhand. nash hasnt scored in a shootout this year until last night and probably hadnt used that move which leaves no possible way for osgood to see it coming. plus it is a really sweet move that is hard to stop anyway.

jussi jokinen had 10 shootout goals or so last year and used it twice, the other eight times he didnt go to the backhand and stuck with the forehand, thus making the goalies think they know what hes doing, but then going to the backhand. nash hasnt scored in a shootout this year until last night and probably hadnt used that move which leaves no possible way for osgood to see it coming. plus it is a really sweet move that is hard to stop anyway.

Uh...Jokinen used it more than just twice. At least 3 or 4 times. The point the other guy was trying to make was that everyone made a big about that move, so you think goalies would practice it.

Still can not figure why Babs had Bert and Sammy shooting. As we all know, Sammy can see through the crest of the goaler, and therefore attempts to reach the back of the net through him. And Bert wasn't the greatest decision in my eyes being the first game back one would think that his timing may be off (hand in relationship to foot, altering accuracy).

Uh...Jokinen used it more than just twice. At least 3 or 4 times. The point the other guy was trying to make was that everyone made a big about that move, so you think goalies would practice it.

practice it all you want, you can't stop it if you dont know its coming.

Hahaha i'd have Homer in my top three just to see his goofy 300 deek move

As I recall, last time Holmstrom was in a shootout he kicked ass.

IPB Image

I have no idea why Sammy was out there, he seriously sux. I'd give Homer the nod WAY before Sammy.

Bert should have had the game winner and speaking of which I can fully understand why Babs put Bert and Cleary out there. He wants to get them acclimated ASAP and shootout pressure is a great way to get them to focus.

Cleary scored and Bert almost did (he had the goalie beat he just lifted it a bit high) so I'd say Babs made a good decision.