27 replies to this topic

#21 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Dano33 @ March 23, 2007 - 01:51PM) View Post

jussi jokinen had 10 shootout goals or so last year and used it twice, the other eight times he didnt go to the backhand and stuck with the forehand, thus making the goalies think they know what hes doing, but then going to the backhand. nash hasnt scored in a shootout this year until last night and probably hadnt used that move which leaves no possible way for osgood to see it coming. plus it is a really sweet move that is hard to stop anyway.

Uh...Jokinen used it more than just twice. At least 3 or 4 times. The point the other guy was trying to make was that everyone made a big about that move, so you think goalies would practice it.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#22 hockey&beer

hockey&beer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

Still can not figure why Babs had Bert and Sammy shooting. As we all know, Sammy can see through the crest of the goaler, and therefore attempts to reach the back of the net through him. And Bert wasn't the greatest decision in my eyes being the first game back one would think that his timing may be off (hand in relationship to foot, altering accuracy).
"Matt Moulson... he would get more air time if he was Matt Labatt." Ken Daniels

#23 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ March 23, 2007 - 02:16PM) View Post

Uh...Jokinen used it more than just twice. At least 3 or 4 times. The point the other guy was trying to make was that everyone made a big about that move, so you think goalies would practice it.

practice it all you want, you can't stop it if you dont know its coming.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#24 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

I'm so pissed at Sammy getting the nod ahead of Rex. That was a predictable shootout attempt if I ever saw one. mad.gif
Thank You TeeMan

#25 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(Echolalia @ March 23, 2007 - 01:53PM) View Post

Hahaha i'd have Homer in my top three just to see his goofy 300 deek move

As I recall, last time Holmstrom was in a shootout he kicked ass.

IPB Image

I have no idea why Sammy was out there, he seriously sux. I'd give Homer the nod WAY before Sammy.

Bert should have had the game winner and speaking of which I can fully understand why Babs put Bert and Cleary out there. He wants to get them acclimated ASAP and shootout pressure is a great way to get them to focus.

Cleary scored and Bert almost did (he had the goalie beat he just lifted it a bit high) so I'd say Babs made a good decision.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#26 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(Hockey13Playa @ March 22, 2007 - 11:00PM) View Post

Norrena wasn't really standing on his head. Samuelsson was is the biggest waste, he looked effortless.

Fixed it for you.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#27 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Inultus @ March 23, 2007 - 01:58PM) View Post

As I recall, last time Holmstrom was in a shootout he kicked ass.

IPB Image

Yeah haha thats the one! I think i counted 11 dekes in there from the blueline before he took the shot

#28 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Samulesson almost made me explode after watching him in the shootout. What a wasted attempt. Hudler or Calder would have certainly been good choices. But Samulesson? I don't think I've ever seen him deke much less take a shot that didn't go in the goalies chest.