• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Red Wings attendance is DISGUSTING!

Rate this topic

There will be condos and store fronts where tiger stadium is but they are keeping the infield a park. As far as Detroit goes, I feel safer in the city of Detroit then I do here in Lansing MI. In detroit I know where to go and not go, here in Lansing you can get shot or stabbed just about anywhere, and I should know I work for the fire department.

I bought tickets last minute yesterday from stubhub. ended up with 2 upperbowl seats one row from the top....of the 15 seats in my row, only 6 were taken, and eight in front of me and two behind me

Offsides and I went to Hockeytown Authentics to buy tickets to yesterdays game.... I had been watching a set of three tickets for the past 2 days and wanted to get them without the services fees (HTA and JLA box office are the only two places to get that). Well we walked into the store... went up to the service desk area. We said we wanted to get tickets.... the guy asked for what, I said Red Wings... he replied back simply, "SOLD OUT" I was in shock? sold out really... Ticketmaster, the broadcast and everything says "TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE" and Mr. I am lazy and I suck (no lang was not the person) simply refused to even LOOK! Needless-to-say we left, went home paid a bit more for the tickets and went to the game.

Maybe that is why a lot of the seats are empty... because of the Mother F :censored: ing lazy ass workers who work for the Wings.

Edited by OsGOD

Has anyone else been absolutely DISGUSTED with the Red Wings attendance and atmosphere at the Joe this season? I know the tickets sell out, but when you watch the games on TV or attend them, half the seats are empty and the atmosphere is totally dead.

This is a serious problem that annoys the s*** out of me. I would love to fill those empty spots and cheer like crazy for the wings. I seriously think our ACTUAL attendance has got to be one of the worst in the league right now.

This is so apparent that Ron Mclean and Don Cherry have mentioned this on several occassions.

Anyone who has been watching should have noticed an extreme contrast with the atmosphere at Calgary and Vancouver. They were full and rockin. The Joe: just dead. This is sad, just sad.

Did anyone happen to notice that Detroit and Michigan are in the middle of a giant recession? Hmmm. Maybe you should talk with Jenny Granholm about the attendance... maybe more taxes would help? :huh:

Maybe some of the auto workers and companies that do business with the Ford/GM/Chrysler thing Illitch should lose the advertising on the boards for Toyota... just a thought.

seriously...the other night watching the wings game there were some empty seats and my friend was like oh i tought the wings always have sold out crowds...kinda made me sad

If you are a corporate ticket holder, or work for a corporation who has season tickets, I want you to read this:

f*** you.

You're not living in the real world. In case you haven't noticed, professional sports no longer cater to the individual fan. The order of importance to all of the four major sports are:

Corporate sponsors

Corporate season ticket holders

Premium seat season ticket holders

All other season ticket holders

If you think it's bad now, just wait for the future. You're going to start seeing all the prime seats be all-inclusive, i.e. your ticket price includes food, drink, souvenirs, etc. Some of the NBA teams have already started and it's spreading to the other majors. The price per game is usually a few hundred dollars.

If you really want to see how the sports industry works, and where their focus is, get a free trial subscription to the Sports Business Journal. It's a trade paper for the industry. The days of marketing to individual game purchasers is OVER and the teams don't really care about that type of tickt buyer anymore. It's all about corporate relationships.

Edited by dadair