laugh.gif
IPB Image

#42 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:27 PM

Heres hoping we get past the second round in the playoffs. That'll give us fans something unexpected and above par to cheer for.

Edited by Echolalia, 23 March 2007 - 12:28 PM.

#43 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(CrossCheck24 @ March 23, 2007 - 11:47AM) View Post

I drove up from Cleveland for a game last year and I got to the exit off of 75 10 minutes before game time, and didn't get into my seat until the first period was over.

Does anyone think that parking is an issue? People don't want to deal with theat fiasco?

I know I really didn't know any side lots or whatever but it seemed a bit ridiculus that I waited that long for a parking spot.

There are A LOT better places to park then the Joe or Cobo, do your homework next time and ask around here! smile.gif
Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#44 livediehockey80

livediehockey80

Best Damn Logo in All Sports

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

Maybe Illitch should spend his dollars on a new hockey arena in downtown Detroit. JLA is horribly dated as a 21st century sports facility.

A new arena should have corporate luxury boxes. So most of the corporate types will be watching the game in their boxes or at the mid-club seats level. REAL hockey fans can sit in lower bowl and scream like crazy. Of course, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford season tickets in the lower level.

Problem solved and no one will be bitching about Empty Seats disguised as Red Wings fans.
Red Wings Forever!!!!

#45 HoweHatTrick

HoweHatTrick

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(livediehockey80 @ March 23, 2007 - 03:55PM) View Post

Maybe Illitch should spend his dollars on a new hockey arena in downtown Detroit. JLA is horribly dated as a 21st century sports facility.

A new arena should have corporate luxury boxes. So most of the corporate types will be watching the game in their boxes or at the mid-club seats level. REAL hockey fans can sit in lower bowl and scream like crazy. Of course, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford season tickets in the lower level.

Problem solved and no one will be bitching about Empty Seats disguised as Red Wings fans.

I would hate to see the Joe be a thing of the past, I have a lot of great memories there. But that post makes a lot of sense...brilliant!!!

#46 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(livediehockey80 @ March 23, 2007 - 01:55PM) View Post

There's going to be a new arena soon. The lease on The Joe is up in a few years, and Ilitch knows The Joe doesn't comapre in terms of modern amenities to the new stadiums. I'd bank it on it being in the Foxtown area.

Of course, the way the Detroit area and Michigan economies are in the s***ter, no one would be able to afford tickets to the new place anyway.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(livediehockey80 @ March 23, 2007 - 03:55PM) View Post

Of course, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford season tickets in the lower level.

Right, which is why it's ok if the Corporations buy them, even if they are empty. The team still get's the money if the seat isn't being used. Sounds smart to me.

Thanks to the season ticket holders and Corporations, we have plenty of money to continue to stay compeititve. If the Wings relied on the average fan to sell out the building, we'd be broke.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(HoweHatTrick @ March 23, 2007 - 03:34PM) View Post

I would hate to see the Joe be a thing of the past, I have a lot of great memories there. But that post makes a lot of sense...brilliant!!!

I can't stand the Joe. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good memories there too, but the seats are uncomfortable and too close together- especially for your average 6 foot person.
Maybe they'll put a new arena where the old Tiger Stadium is. Are there any plans to do anything to that yet?

#49 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Echolalia @ March 23, 2007 - 03:03PM) View Post

I can't stand the Joe. Don't get me wrong, I've had some good memories there too, but the seats are uncomfortable and too close together- especially for your average 6 foot person.
Maybe they'll put a new arena where the old Tiger Stadium is. Are there any plans to do anything to that yet?

The city is still trying to figure out what to do with it, last I read. Typical Detroit.

Unless Ilitch buys the land from Detroit, I wouldn't expect a new Wings arena there. Not when he already owns a bunch of land in the Fox Town area.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#50 wingsfan979802

wingsfan979802

cheli fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:21 PM

i have two opionions.
1. the fans don't want to leave the people here at lgw.com
2. i don't think detroit is the safest place to live in. i went into a wendys there and the had bulletproof glass, and a speker hole, and a little slide to put money through. people live to far away from detroit to go there for the 41 games or so.
IPB Image
IPB Image
thanks offsides

#51 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:26 PM

There will be condos and store fronts where tiger stadium is but they are keeping the infield a park. As far as Detroit goes, I feel safer in the city of Detroit then I do here in Lansing MI. In detroit I know where to go and not go, here in Lansing you can get shot or stabbed just about anywhere, and I should know I work for the fire department.
Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#52 Icteria virens

Icteria virens

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ March 23, 2007 - 02:33AM) View Post

I see two games a week in Australia

that's as many as we see on VS here in America!!!

#53 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

I bought tickets last minute yesterday from stubhub. ended up with 2 upperbowl seats one row from the top....of the 15 seats in my row, only 6 were taken, and eight in front of me and two behind me
RIP #24

#54 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

Offsides and I went to Hockeytown Authentics to buy tickets to yesterdays game.... I had been watching a set of three tickets for the past 2 days and wanted to get them without the services fees (HTA and JLA box office are the only two places to get that). Well we walked into the store... went up to the service desk area. We said we wanted to get tickets.... the guy asked for what, I said Red Wings... he replied back simply, "SOLD OUT" I was in shock? sold out really... Ticketmaster, the broadcast and everything says "TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE" and Mr. I am lazy and I suck (no lang was not the person) simply refused to even LOOK! Needless-to-say we left, went home paid a bit more for the tickets and went to the game.

Maybe that is why a lot of the seats are empty... because of the Mother F censored.gif ing lazy ass workers who work for the Wings.

Edited by OsGOD, 23 March 2007 - 06:27 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#55 scotzman

scotzman

Ramblin' Scotzman

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(redwinger4747 @ March 22, 2007 - 11:59PM) View Post

Has anyone else been absolutely DISGUSTED with the Red Wings attendance and atmosphere at the Joe this season? I know the tickets sell out, but when you watch the games on TV or attend them, half the seats are empty and the atmosphere is totally dead.

This is a serious problem that annoys the s*** out of me. I would love to fill those empty spots and cheer like crazy for the wings. I seriously think our ACTUAL attendance has got to be one of the worst in the league right now.

This is so apparent that Ron Mclean and Don Cherry have mentioned this on several occassions.

Anyone who has been watching should have noticed an extreme contrast with the atmosphere at Calgary and Vancouver. They were full and rockin. The Joe: just dead. This is sad, just sad.

Did anyone happen to notice that Detroit and Michigan are in the middle of a giant recession? Hmmm. Maybe you should talk with Jenny Granholm about the attendance... maybe more taxes would help? huh.gif

Maybe some of the auto workers and companies that do business with the Ford/GM/Chrysler thing Illitch should lose the advertising on the boards for Toyota... just a thought.

Red Wing Fan since 1976

#56 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:00 AM

seriously...the other night watching the wings game there were some empty seats and my friend was like oh i tought the wings always have sold out crowds...kinda made me sad
IPB Image
IPB Image

#57 dadair

dadair

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(Zion @ March 23, 2007 - 07:43AM) View Post

If you are a corporate ticket holder, or work for a corporation who has season tickets, I want you to read this:

f*** you.

You're not living in the real world. In case you haven't noticed, professional sports no longer cater to the individual fan. The order of importance to all of the four major sports are:

Corporate sponsors
Corporate season ticket holders
Premium seat season ticket holders
All other season ticket holders

If you think it's bad now, just wait for the future. You're going to start seeing all the prime seats be all-inclusive, i.e. your ticket price includes food, drink, souvenirs, etc. Some of the NBA teams have already started and it's spreading to the other majors. The price per game is usually a few hundred dollars.

If you really want to see how the sports industry works, and where their focus is, get a free trial subscription to the Sports Business Journal. It's a trade paper for the industry. The days of marketing to individual game purchasers is OVER and the teams don't really care about that type of tickt buyer anymore. It's all about corporate relationships.

Edited by dadair, 24 March 2007 - 10:36 AM.