• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Thoughts on Bertuzzi after first game as a Wing?

Rate this topic

Did anyone attend the game? I was there last night and when he stepped onto the ice for the pregame warmup there was a loud cheer from the fans.

The funniest thing happened during the pregame warm-up.....

The players line up in a semi-circle near the blue-line while a player near the goal feeds another player the puck as he skates across the hash marks...the second player then feeds the puck to a player in the semi-circle who then skates up the middle and fires one on the goalie. Apparently, Bert (in the semi-circle) thought the puck was comming to him each time ...he had to have had a half dozen false starts.

Sorry if it doesn't translate well, but it gave me a few chuckles.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Ozzie30

Did anyone attend the game? I was there last night and when he stepped onto the ice for the pregame warmup there was a loud cheer from the fans.

The funniest thing happened during the pregame warm-up.....

The players line up in a semi-circle near the blue-line while a player near the goal feeds another player the puck as he skates across the hash marks...the second player then feeds the puck to a player in the semi-circle who then skates up the middle and fires one on the goalie. Apparently, Bert (in the semi-circle) thought the puck was comming to him each time ...he had to have had a half dozen false starts.

Sorry if it doesn't translate well, but it gave me a few chuckles.

EDIT: Spelling

:lol: that's funny, i wish i would of saw that live

Here is a picture (sideways yeah I know I suck :) ) of Bert in warmups... Just turn your monitor sideways or if anyone knows how to rotate a video ;)

IPB Image

Guest Crymson

Very promising. At present, he's still a bit tentative and he's already knocking people down. He's colossal. Just wait until he gets his full speed and strength back. Also, he has proven--with that shootout attempt and his drive to the goal (on which he should have drawn an interference penalty) that he still has those soft hands.

On the hitting note, our team was doing great with the bodies yesterday. Lidstrom was hitting, Lang was hitting, Samuelsson! was hitting, as were the regulars.. especially Markov and Kronwall.

Very promising. At present, he's still a bit tentative and he's already knocking people down. He's colossal. Just wait until he gets his full speed and strength back. Also, he has proven--with that shootout attempt and his drive to the goal (on which he should have drawn an interference penalty) that he still has those soft hands.

On the hitting note, our team was doing great with the bodies yesterday. Lidstrom was hitting, Lang was hitting, Samuelsson! was hitting, as were the regulars.. especially Markov and Kronwall.

Did I miss something?!?!

Did I miss something?!?!

Lidstrom does, technically, hit people by taking them into the boards with one hand. Ken and Mickey were really pointing it out a lot last night, so yes, he technically was hitting.

Sorry but I think that Bertuzzi should never have been allowed on the ice again.

I love hard nosed hockey but what he did was pure cowardice.

Since he now wears the red and white, I will be hanging up my jersey.

Sorry but I think that Bertuzzi should never have been allowed on the ice again.

thanks for registering and wasting our time with something that has been said hundreds of times already.

Bert did start out a little rusty, but he played like he WANTED that puck. During one face off he actually started skating hard to the net to get the puck even before the puck was dropped.

And when he tried to one hand the puck when that CJ player was on him while he was CRASHING THE NET, PURE EXCELLENCE!!!! I was very happy to see a player crashing the net again, it has been ALONG time since I saw that.

Edited by Rivalred

Well if it isn't motorcitykid! What made you decide to make an alternate account for Bertuzzi and Holland bashing?

:P

I'll have to say that when the rumors of Bertuzzi coming here started and even when it was official I didn't want him here but the combination of reading some of the posts on here and seeing him play the other night, I'm really warming up to him...I think that when he gets his legs in game shape and a little more comfortable he will be a real force for the wings :clap:

If they split up the lines, I would put bertuzzi with Datysuk and zetterberg. put Holmstrom, Calder, and Filp on the second line. Reasons? I think Bertuzzi being on the line with those two would be perfect and as protection for them. Holmstroms a big guy but he isn't a fighter like Bert. Holmstrom on the second line is perfect because he can work the front of the net while Calder and Filp work the boards.

thanks for registering and wasting our time with something that has been said hundreds of times already.

I do apologize for registering on YOUR board. I see that I made a mistake in joining, I thought that this was an open forum for fans opinions etc. Please accept my most humble apologies for intruding on YOUR sanctum.

Well if it isn't motorcitykid! What made you decide to make an alternate account for Bertuzzi and Holland bashing?

:P

I have no idea who motorcitykid is, but if they are of the opinion that Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL then they must be OK.

Edited by bigbear

I have no idea who motorcitykid is, but if they are of the opinion that Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL then they must be OK.

Arn't people allowed to make mistakes? If I remember, that was his first and only suspension so far. One mistake. Thats like saying someone just beat this guy into a pulp so he should stay in jail for the rest of his life. How is that justice? He paid his money and his time to play again. It was just. Plus I think the thing in the AHL was worse than that, at least I think it was the AHL. Someguy takes his stick and two-hands a play, who is on his knees by the way, and nails him straight in the face. Needless to say, the guy starts having convulsions on the ice. Sure, post injuries arn't the same but the maliciousness of the attack was way more. If Moore didn't break his neck you would be singing a different tune.

I do apologize for registering on YOUR board. I see that I made a mistake in joining, I thought that this was an open forum for fans opinions etc. Please accept my most humble apologies for intruding on YOUR sanctum.

no see first of all I said our forum, not my forum, so maybe you should learn to read, and second of all we do value opinions, but opinions that are backed up by something, not mindless blabbing of something that has been discussed on this forum over and over since bertuzzi got traded.

EDIT: Bertuzzi is one of the few driving to the net against the blues so far, thumbs up for mr bert

Edited by Viperar

no see first of all I said our forum, not my forum, so maybe you should learn to read, and second of all we do value opinions, but opinions that are backed up by something, not mindless blabbing of something that has been discussed on this forum over and over since bertuzzi got traded.

EDIT: Bertuzzi is one of the few driving to the net against the blues so far, thumbs up for mr bert

I did indeed read your post, but the reference was toward your taking the role of social arbitor.

I just do not think much of an organization that would hire the likes of this piece of flotsom. Chris Simon falls into that category also, do you think that he should join next????

I am a long time fan of the game of hockey and its intense play, but acts like these have done nothing but hurt this game. So if a team, i.e. the Wings, who I have followed since 1967, chooses to associate themselves with such trash, then I will not be supporting them.

I hope hard physical play never leaves hockey, but clean hard physical play. Sometimes a hit is a touch late or from behind, if it cannot be avoided. But tracking down a player from behind and sucker punching, jumping on them, and riding them to the ice with a forearm across the neck will never be accepted by me. Nor will a two handed swing to the head of a player. If these actions are acceptable to you, well cheer on.

Arn't people allowed to make mistakes? If I remember, that was his first and only suspension so far. One mistake. Thats like saying someone just beat this guy into a pulp so he should stay in jail for the rest of his life. How is that justice? He paid his money and his time to play again. It was just. Plus I think the thing in the AHL was worse than that, at least I think it was the AHL. Someguy takes his stick and two-hands a play, who is on his knees by the way, and nails him straight in the face. Needless to say, the guy starts having convulsions on the ice. Sure, post injuries arn't the same but the maliciousness of the attack was way more. If Moore didn't break his neck you would be singing a different tune.

Mistake???? If it were a mistake then so be it. This was a diliberate act. He followed Moore, then sucker punched him from behind, jumped on him and rode him down. There was no mistake in that.

Moore will never play again because of his actions. The same should hold true for Bertuzzi.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I will never condone that type of action in a game.

Edited by bigbear

What a waste of bandwith :!:

I did indeed read your post, but the reference was toward your taking the role of social arbitor.

I just do not think much of an organization that would hire the likes of this piece of flotsom. Chris Simon falls into that category also, do you think that he should join next????

I am a long time fan of the game of hockey and its intense play, but acts like these have done nothing but hurt this game. So if a team, i.e. the Wings, who I have followed since 1967, chooses to associate themselves with such trash, then I will not be supporting them.

I hope hard physical play never leaves hockey, but clean hard physical play. Sometimes a hit is a touch late or from behind, if it cannot be avoided. But tracking down a player from behind and sucker punching, jumping on them, and riding them to the ice with a forearm across the neck will never be accepted by me. Nor will a two handed swing to the head of a player. If these actions are acceptable to you, well cheer on.

Mistake???? If it were a mistake then so be it. This was a diliberate act. He followed Moore, then sucker punched him from behind, jumped on him and rode him down. There was no mistake in that.

Moore will never play again because of his actions. The same should hold true for Bertuzzi.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but I will never condone that type of action in a game.

Shut up, moron. This is a thread about BERTUZZI AS A RED WING. He has yet to do anything malicious as a Red Wing so shut the hell up and take your argument to one of the threads where the expressed intent is actually to discuss the incident.

if you're implying that because Bertuzzi is now a Wing that you're no longer a fan, than you never were a fan.

I am VERY impressed with Bert thus far, especially after being off for so long. He looked good during the Columbus game, and he looked even better today.

Bertuzzi is already becoming and will be major force out there. The opposition acts differently when he is on the ice.....I love it!

Man-love to Bert!

:caution:

two things... no three things.

1: how is he a coward? he was sticking up for naslund.

2: moore would have proboly have been fine, maybe a concution, if everybody didn't jump ontop of him.

3: why would you not be a red wings fan just because he came for 10 days and the playoffs. if he wins the game in ot in the stanly cup finals, will you still hate him and the wings? what about if he doesn't sign with the wings, will you still not be a wings fan?