Wings_Dynasty

New GAA Leader

Rate this topic

Games played

Backstrom - 36

Hasek - 51

(edit)

Brodeur - 71 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brodeur ... I know the guy is a monster. Just looking at his games played over his career is nuts. If I was a backup and traded to NJ, I'd retire. No chance of seeing ice. Has a backup for him ever emerged as a success anywhere else?

The point of this thread was....? When Hasek is back in number one spot again, where he's been all but two weeks of the entire season, I swear I am going to start a thread to announce it. <_<

By the way, Dom's tied for third in the NHL for shutouts and is in the top 5 goalies for wins.

Broduer has played 20 more games than Dom and has only 7 more wins (42) than Dom (35 wins in 51 games) . Kipper 16 more games (36 wins) and Luongo 18 more games (43 wins). I prefer the "W" thing to the GAA anyway.

Edited by puckloo39

considering the Brodeur's backup question:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000511998.html

Mike Dunham did. nothing huge but a while ago he was Predators main starter for some period. and he had a fine stint with Rangers

EDIT: and yeah, Backstrom is real. with his defense it is a great tandem which can be tough to beat in playoffs. I don't actually see

him pulling a Jiggy or something, but he is nevertheless real

Edited by akustyk

Brodeur ... I know the guy is a monster. Just looking at his games played over his career is nuts. If I was a backup and traded to NJ, I'd retire. No chance of seeing ice. Has a backup for him ever emerged as a success anywhere else?

....if I was a backup in NJ I'd sit back and drink martinis all day.... it's the easiest job in the NHL! :P

P.S. And it just so happens I have both Brodeur and Backstrom on my fantasy team.

Edited by Cruiser008

....and if I was a backup in NJ I'd sit back and drink martinis all day.... it's the easiest job in the NHL! :P

right up there with Legace's in 2002. :D

How many goalies have their names on a Cup next Brodeur's who did basically nothing to get it there? I want that kinda job, for sure.

Is there a need for this thread?

Ooooh ... so thats how you got your post count up to 7000. Haha, jj.

I know ... kinda a week topic, but he is somewhat of a new face and his is playing some solid hockey.

Speaking of Brodeur, obviously they will suffer if he gets hurt.

More importantly, actually was talking about this with my girlfriend the other night, what happens when he retires?

I have not heard anything about a good prospect in their farm system to take over once Marty retires. That is still a couple years away, but being that he's 35, it's unlikely he'll stick around to much longer. Goalie like Dom still playing at his age is very rare. Goalies usually don't stick around till their 40.

So maybe they have a prospect I have not heard of? Or maybe they will get lucky in the draft or try to make a trade eventually.

....if I was a backup in NJ I'd sit back and drink martinis all day.... it's the easiest job in the NHL! :P

Reminds me of Brett Favre's backups.

P.S. And it just so happens I have both Brodeur and Backstrom on my fantasy team.

I've got Backstrom in one of the two I'm in as well.

The point of this thread was....? When Hasek is back in number one spot again, where he's been all but two weeks of the entire season, I swear I am going to start a thread to announce it. <_<

By the way, Dom's tied for third in the NHL for shutouts and is in the top 5 goalies for wins.

Broduer has played 20 more games than Dom and has only 7 more wins (42) than Dom (35 wins in 51 games) . Kipper 16 more games (36 wins) and Luongo 18 more games (43 wins). I prefer the "W" thing to the GAA anyway.

I prefer the goalie who holds the Stanley Cup over his head at the end of the season..

:D

No point in a new thread. Just thought I would point out the brief tenure of anyone else in the number one spot in GAA. :D

Hasek is at 2.09 GAA

Tied for second in shut outs at 7

Third in wins (36), despite having played 15 fewer games than the next contender (Kipper) who has only one more win (37).

Tied for 10th in sv% at .910 - he sucks. :D

Dominik Hasek was the winning goaltender in the NHL's only game Monday night (Wings/Ducks 3/26/07). It was the ninth 1-0 victory of Hasek's career, third-most among active goaltenders, behind Martin Brodeur (19) and Ed Belfour (16).

It marked his 75th career shut out.

Edited by puckloo39

Third in wins (36), despite having played 15 fewer games than the next contender (Kipper) who has only one more win (37).

Tied for 10th in sv% at .910 - he sucks. :D

Just for the sake of accuracy, he's 4th in wins and tied for 15th in sv%.

Of course, I had Hasek on the bench for my fantasy team yesterday. The one day I forget to update it.

Not me! :D

I had him starting last night in Matt's LGW fantasy hockey league. I'm winning in the Championship right now by a score of 5-1. Just sayin..........