Photo
- - - - -

Hank uncertain about return from back injury..

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:52 PM

http://www.mlive.com...e....xml&coll=1

This is starting to worry me. Why do the coaches..etc make it seem like he'll be back soon and then you have Hank saying a totally different thing. sad.gif It seems like he's not even confident that he'll play IN the playoffs.

And now supposedly Schneids has some kind of injury and may not play tomorrow.

Just lovely....
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#2 Elshupacabra

Elshupacabra

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 24, 2007 - 12:52AM) View Post

http://www.mlive.com...e....xml&coll=1

This is starting to worry me. Why do the coaches..etc make it seem like he'll be back soon and then you have Hank saying a totally different thing. sad.gif It seems like he's not even confident that he'll play IN the playoffs.

And now supposedly Schneids has some kind of injury and may not play tomorrow.

Just lovely....

crazy.gif Oh Jeez

#3 wingsfan40

wingsfan40

Zetterberg: Simply Impresses Everytime He's On The Ice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

I just can't take this kind of mental stress scared.gif

#4 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 24, 2007 - 12:52AM) View Post

It seems like he's not even confident that he'll play IN the playoffs.

He sounds that way simply because the back is a touchy thing. There isn't anymore to read into it than that, really. It's ok, don't freak yet.

"If I have the same progress I've had the last week, I will be in the playoffs,'' Zetterberg said. "But, you never know with a back. Just a little tweak or something and you're right back to the beginning. So you have to stabilize your stomach and your back and just get everything back together.

"I did basically nothing for three weeks, so my body needs to get back into shape, too. It's going to take a while, but if my back still feels good, I will be back for the playoffs.''

So basically, bottom of the line? Ansar Khan's article headline should be: "Zetterberg still feeling out the time-table on his injury." He's not uncertain in a "you know, I think this is gonna keep me out"--it ain't that at all. Alla youz can step back from the panic button.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#5 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:13 AM

Same thing again. Hope he can get back before the playoffs if at all possible.

Posted Image

#6 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ March 24, 2007 - 12:07AM) View Post

He sounds that way simply because the back is a touchy thing. There isn't anymore to read into it than that, really. It's ok, don't freak yet.

"If I have the same progress I've had the last week, I will be in the playoffs,'' Zetterberg said. "But, you never know with a back. Just a little tweak or something and you're right back to the beginning. So you have to stabilize your stomach and your back and just get everything back together.

"I did basically nothing for three weeks, so my body needs to get back into shape, too. It's going to take a while, but if my back still feels good, I will be back for the playoffs.''
So basically, bottom of the line? Ansar Khan's article headline should be: "Zetterberg still feeling out the time-table on his injury." He's not uncertain in a "you know, I think this is gonna keep me out"--it ain't that at all. Alla youz can step back from the panic button.

You're right. It's just that one day they say he's close to returning and then everyone gets excited and then the very next day it's a whole different story.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033, 24 March 2007 - 12:15 AM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#7 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:18 AM

Oh man, what else can go wrong scared.gif
IPB Image

#8 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 24, 2007 - 12:14AM) View Post

You're right. It's just that one day they say he's close to returning and then everyone gets excited and then the very next day it's a whole different story.

I know, it bugs me too. =(

I am just full of want for him. To return, I mean.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#9 USAFWingedWheel

USAFWingedWheel

I drink beer, I start $hit.....

• Gold Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:41 AM

herniated disk sucks, i have the same problem, my LB5 is pushing on my sciatic nerve, had pain shooting down my left leg and couldn't bend down...i started getting steroid shots and now i feel 100% better....and the dock also told me to keep working out to strengthen my back....so hope that his isn't that severe, otherwise he might be far from return...

#10 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:44 AM

mannnn cmon Z push it!!!!
IPB Image
IPB Image

#11 CrossCheck24

CrossCheck24

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:45 AM

Can we get Chuck Norris to heal him for the playoffs???
Captain Murphy: Way to go Sparks, you broke the monitor and you're dead. Happy?

#12 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:54 AM

don't push him. if he needs to be out until the end, so be it. no need to aggravate an injury for a couple games.

PLUS THE WINGS CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

not easily , i know, but they can.

Best case scenario : the Wings handle the 1st round without him, then he comes back for the 2nd round and jumps right out of the gate as usual, carries Detroit right to the cup biggrin.gif

#13 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(Tunbo Batman @ March 24, 2007 - 01:54AM) View Post

don't push him. if he needs to be out until the end, so be it. no need to aggravate an injury for a couple games.

PLUS THE WINGS CAN WIN WITHOUT HIM.

not easily , i know, but they can.

Best case scenario : the Wings handle the 1st round without him, then he comes back for the 2nd round and jumps right out of the gate as usual, carries Detroit right to the cup biggrin.gif

we're making it out of the first round?!?!?! goal.gif goal.gif scared.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#14 bcwingsfan19

bcwingsfan19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:19 AM

I knew from the start he wasn't going to be returning in 1-2 weeks. All I hope for is a healthy Hank for the playoffs.

Good luck Lang!

#15 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ March 24, 2007 - 01:33AM) View Post

I am just full of want for him. To return, I mean.

laugh.gif

#16 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:51 AM

Where is the smile emoticon that crys and pukes at the same time?

#17 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:53 AM

It's in the Headlines....

Zetterberg sees a playoff return

He's skating, shooting for 20 minutes a day but also knows situation with back can change quickly.

Henrik Zetterberg expects to be ready for the playoffs -- but he's realistic.

With any back injury, it's a bit of a guessing game.

"If it's the same progress as it's been the last week, I'll be playing," Zetterberg said. "But you never know with the back. A little tweak, or something, and you're right back at the beginning."

Zetterberg, out since Feb 26, didn't do anything for about three weeks. This week, he has been able to put on the gear and do some light skating and shooting -- for about 20 minutes a day.

"Every day you get closer," Zetterberg said. "I go out there myself and get a feel for the puck. I'm still far away from playing but taking each step every day."

Coach Mike Babcock said this week he's hopeful Zetterberg could play the last few games of this season.

"We'd like to have him back as soon as we can, but we have to be smart about it," Babcock said.

The most trying thing for Zetterberg is regaining the strength in his back muscles

Posted Image

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:12 AM

Put down any sharp objects near you people, there's no need to panic. That last post with the words coming from Zetterberg himself should reverse the pre-mature freaking out syndrom. He is smart enough to know when to push hard or take a break. He's just being cautious.

Unless Zetterberg grows the brain of Wile E. Coyote and an anvil from the Acme Company falls on his back, he'll probably be back, at the latest, for the games in April, in my strong opinion.

#19 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ March 24, 2007 - 08:12AM) View Post

Put down any sharp objects near you people, there's no need to panic. That last post with the words coming from Zetterberg himself should reverse the pre-mature freaking out syndrom. He is smart enough to know when to push hard or take a break. He's just being cautious.

Unless Zetterberg grows the brain of Wile E. Coyote and an anvil from the Acme Company falls on his back, he'll probably be back, at the latest, for the games in April, in my strong opinion.

you always provide us with calm wisdom and positive outlook....amazing clap.gif hehe.gif biggrin.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#20 drw1319

drw1319

Wings are going all the way babyyy!

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

i am really hoping he will be back in time for the playoffs and nothing else will tweak his back. He is a major part of this team and I really dont think that they will be able to get very far in the playoffs with out him.