• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

3/24 GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

Anyways...how much of a BEAST was Bert today? Two games in and he's already playing really well. Imagine what happens when he gets really comfortable out there. He had a ton of hits today and scoring chances, and best of all continually drives to the net. I love him.

Imagine how good he'll be when Babcock realizes having Holmstrom and Bertuzzi on the same line is dumb. I can't believe Samuelsson was on the first line at one point today, too.

Babcock is clueless at times.

I was listening on the radio. Was Cleary's shot in or what?

Yep. Was on his pads, and then he was all the way in the net with his pads, but they called it no goal. f***ers.

Anyways...how much of a BEAST was Bert today? Two games in and he's already playing really well. Imagine what happens when he gets really comfortable out there. He had a ton of hits today and scoring chances, and best of all continually drives to the net. I love him.

im becoming more of a fan everytime i see him

For those of you saying its no goal because its inconclusive, they changed that rule this year. If by logic we can assume its in the net (say the goalie catches the puck but his glove is behind the goal line ) then its supposed to be called a goal

The problem I saw with play... which ultimately allowed for the call to go either way was the location of his pads. In your example as well as Mickey and Ken talking on the TV, in that case the entire glove was behind the net... one could only logically conclude if the puck was in there it had to be behind the line. In todays case... had Bash(hell with spelling the rest of his name)'s pads been entirely behind the line... I mean there was a white gap between the front edge of his pads and the goal line then the only logical conclusion was the puck to be in. Since there was not a gap and there was a section of his pads that was in front of the line, the call was allowed to go the way it did. It sucks and I do deep down feel it was a goal... but here we have the stupid grey area.

The wings should have never gone to overtime... nor been down by two so damn early!

Edited by OsGOD

Wow, that was an entertaining game to say the least.

It's a shame either team had to lose this games because the Blues played well for most of the game and the Wings just went loco starting in the 3rd.

I forgot the Blues goalie's name already (would butcher the spelling :lol:), but he deserve much kudos, he made some ridiculous saves.

I can already predict that there's ridiculous rantinng about the referees, but they did not cost the Wings a point in this game, I hate to break it to you.

It sucks that they blew the whistle dead then Cleary poked it in during the 1st period, but what can you do, they thought it was frozen and you have to step in to do your job.

Weight's shot was in.

And as badly as I wanted them to reverse the call on Cleary's attempt, I didn't see it cross the line after extensive TV shots, the referees reviewed it for like 10 minutes after iniitally calling it no-goal and couldn't find anything conclusive/inconclusive to change their minds, hence no goal. Just have to trust their judgment on that one.

It's a shame the Wings couldn't finish the deal because they were kicking tail the 3rd period and overtime, but we calm down and move on to the next game on Monday.

And if anybody wants to yell at me or call me a dumb a** for backing the officials or that I am wrong, that's fine, but I'm not changing my opinion on those calls just because the Wings lost the game and I'm not going to respond to any rants that would increase my blood pressure.

Gary Bettman made a statement a few months ago that the NHL's research has shown that fans would rather have their team lose in the shootout than tie.

I keep my own standings. If a game is tied at the end of OT, its a tie. The result of the skills competition is not acknowledged.

OMG--lol I do the same thing!!!! :clap::clap: I also dont count the point for the 5 min OT loss!! the NHL is the ONLY league that rewards teams for losing!!

I DON'T MIND US GETTING ALL THE CRAPPY LUCK NOW, GET IT OUT THE WAY BEFORE THE SERIOUS STUFF STARTS IN 2 WEEKS.

STILL WHEN YOU OUTSHOOT A TEAM 42-19 YOU SHOULD WIN THE GAME SHOULDN'T YOU?

not when their goalie played like he did

by the way, i think your caps lock is stuck :lol:

Join the Bertuzzi love fest! :D

I didn't get to see a lot of the game because I was at work, but I was really happy that 1) Huddles scored 2) Bert played awesomely from all I heard, and that at least we came back to tie it.

Unfortunately it didn't come out for us...we really need to learn how to win in OT.

I DON'T MIND US GETTING ALL THE CRAPPY LUCK NOW, GET IT OUT THE WAY BEFORE THE SERIOUS STUFF STARTS IN 2 WEEKS.

For a Preds fan, you sure are smart, AndyPred. :)

I agree with this. Having not a single call, bounce, post or crossbar go your way for 2 weeks couldn't happen at a better time.

Gary Bettman made a statement a few months ago that the NHL's research has shown that fans would rather have their team lose in the shootout than tie.

I keep my own standings. If a game is tied at the end of OT, its a tie. The result of the skills competition is not acknowledged.

Great--I've thought of doing that, too. Sometimes I turn the radio/TV off before a shootout. It is such a lame way to end a good hockey game.

So how do those standings look?

Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they resign him!! I have a feeling he's going to be a scoring monster with the Wings!!

let's hope babcock gets these guys turned around quickly. if we go into the playoffs coasting it doesn't bode well. :blink:

I'd honestly prefer having a slump and going into the playoffs rather than heading in with a hot streak. They play more desperately, and actually WANT to win when that happens instead of going in hot where they think they can easily beat anyone, which then turns into TROUBLE!

i know the red wings didn't play that great but the officiating didn't help much either... that was a goal for sure. they gave weight his and cleary should've had his.

on a side note, i'm very, VERY impressed with how bert has been playing. with all these chances he's been getting, one has to go in eventually. couple of great teams coming up so let's hope the red wings finally wake up. hopefully babcock realizes having homer and bert on the same line is dumb and moves bert to the right side.

I'd honestly prefer having a slump and going into the playoffs rather than heading in with a hot streak. They play more desperately, and actually WANT to win when that happens instead of going in hot where they think they can easily beat anyone, which then turns into TROUBLE!

i think it swings both ways. if you go in coasting it's hard to break free of that habit. and when you're playing teams that go in having to work their asses off you get into trouble. the wins and losses don't matter as much right now, i just want to see this team working hard for 60 minutes which we haven't been seeing lately. it worries me. they need to start busting thier asses.

hopefully babcock realizes having homer and bert on the same line is dumb and moves bert to the right side.

yeah, i don't understand his logic here at all. there are many times when i don't agree with babs decisions, but this instance seems pretty self-evident. both these players provide essentially the same service but berts more mobile with better hands and tougher.

Disappointed in the loss, but at least they shown an effort. Bertuzzi was a beast out there. I was so pumped when he hit Backes like that! Oh that was great. Hudler and Filppulas goals were good too, and the Wings generally played good after the 1st period.

Sidenote: Jeff Woywitka totally ruined that fight. Markov and Cajanek were going to go at it, and Woywitkas *** ass comes in there and ruins it. Being a Wings fan I'll take all the fights I can get, and Woywitka really pissed me off. IMO if that fight would have happened Markov would have smoked Cajanek. Cajanek is a pretty small guy, and I really don't think he would have stood much of a chance.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Just got back from the game. Even though the Wings lost in SO, I was really happy to see them all play with some passion. Besides Kronwall, I thought everyone played hard.,,, and it was really nice to see the Joe crowded and loud for once :thumbup:

Just got back from the game. Even though the Wings lost in SO, I was really happy to see them all play with some passion. Besides Kronwall, I thought everyone played hard.,,, and it was really nice to see the Joe crowded and loud for once :thumbup:

Good to hear.. Thanks for the recap :thumbup:

For a Preds fan, you sure are smart, AndyPred. :)

I agree with this. Having not a single call, bounce, post or crossbar go your way for 2 weeks couldn't happen at a better time.

For the umpteenth time I am not a Preds fan!!!! I play for a team over here in the UK called the Predators and my # is 48!

Wings thru and thru believe me, anyway the luck will change and hopefully carry us deep into the playoffs.

Actually, Ive said this before and Ill say it again. The problem with the Wings lately is the musical chairs of the forwards. Just today Datsyuk and Bertuzzi started getting some chemistry, but undoubtedly, theyll all have new linemates on the next shift. Babs needs to give the guys some set lines for a little so they can form some chemistry.

For the umpteenth time I am not a Preds fan!!!! I play for a team over here in the UK called the Predators and my # is 48!

Wings thru and thru believe me, anyway the luck will change and hopefully carry us deep into the playoffs.

hahahaha that sucks