• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Award Lists!

Rate this topic

With the season winding down, it's the time of year we'll see all the 'this player should win that award' posts and threads. So, to make it easy on the mods, I'm putting this thread up for those of you interested in posting your award winners/finalists.

And now, for mine.

Hart: Martin Brodeur (Sidney Crosby, Roberto Luongo)

Vezina: Martin Brodeur (Roberto Luongo, Rick Dipietro)

Brodeur has just been phenomenal all year on a team with little help. His best defenseman is Brian Rafalski, which gives him the edge ahead of Luongo, who has a comparable defense to Brodeur except for the inclusion of Mattias Ohlund. Crosby will win the Ross and has been huge for the Pens, but Malkin and Recchi have given him more help than either goalie has had. Dipietro has been on the same level as Brodeur and Luongo for much of the year.

Norris: Nicklas Lidstrom (Chris Pronger, Scott Niedermayer)

Lidstrom has just been the best defenseman all year. Niedermayer has been effective defensively and leads all defensemen in scoring, and Pronger, while he missed some time injured, was the only competition Nick had for this award during the season.

Selke: Henrik Zetterberg (Rod Brind'Amour, Craig Conroy)

Zetterberg has been ridiculously good defensively, to the degree where it feels like I am actively avoiding the 'homer' label if I try to shove anyone else into that spot. There's about ten guys I would consider as finalist-capable, so I just picked two I thought stood a good chance.

Calder: Evgeni Malkin (Paul Stastny, Jordan Staal)

Malkin won the Calder before he played a shift. Stastny has made it interesting, and Staal is the best of the rest. The fact that Malkin is Russian and the way he left may make it closer than it should be.

Adams: Ted Nolan (Andy Murray, Lindy Ruff)

Nolan should win his second Adams in two seasons as an NHL head coach. Pretty solid statement about his coaching abilities, which makes you wonder even more why he was blackballed.

I doubt Zetterberg can win the Selke now with his injury. Brind'Amour will probably get it. I agree with everything else, except maybe DiPietro being third in Vezina voting.

I doubt Zetterberg can win the Selke now with his injury. Brind'Amour will probably get it. I agree with everything else, except maybe DiPietro being third in Vezina voting.

Nobody but the first two has played starter's minutes and posted a better save percentage, and Dippy has done it with a noticeably worse defense than either of the first two.