• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zetter is Better

Lebda hit from behind, suffers concussion

Rate this topic

Lebda was hit from behind and cut bad, then taking away on a stretcher. I hope he is O.K. He was responsive when he was taken out. :( When will players stop these retarded head shots, oh wait when some one dies. <_<

Edited by Zetter is Better

GDTs are a pain to read through.

GDTs are useless imo

They aren't useless at all, but they are a pain for readers signing on after the game.

This thread's fine. It's worthy of discussing beyond the gdt.

they said he is concussed but responsive and awake, much better than i personally expected after seeing the hit

Exactly what I thought, I expected a worse outcome for Lebda, thank God its only a concussion, and that he was responsive, waving to the fans and all when he was being carried off the ice.

Exactly what I thought, I expected a worse outcome for Lebda, thank God its only a concussion, and that he was responsive, waving to the fans and all when he was being carried off the ice.

Yeah, at first I thaught he wasn`t going to respond at all but it was good to see he could move his hands.

Not to make light of the injury, but...

G. Johnson

Samuelsson

Lebda

All 3 players have graced my signature and been injured soon after. Even the 2 players I promoted acquiring during deadline time, Eager and Fedoruk, ended up on the IR. Im 5 for 5 this season...either i have some negative aura surrounding me or its a sick coincidence! Hmmm...who's next... :sly:

I guess I'm glad I haven't prescenced the GDT, I'd probably lost all my hair then reading through panic/gibberish...

Anyways, the hit didn't look cheap or anything like that despite Niminnen's (misspelling abuse) rep in my mind of kinda being a bad boy.

At first I thought Lebda would be fine but on replay I got really worried when it looked like his head/neck area really snapped. Hopefully I'm right in that he's only out for just a few games with a concussion. *sighs at the annoyance of future/immature OH NO LILJA IS GOING TO PLAY NOW HE IS HORRIBLE posts in this thread*.

I will bang my head against the wall if there are posts in here saying the Wings need to get tougher and all that junk because of this incident, Bertuzzi or anybody else in there would not have prevented that hit and an immediate fight between two different players after would not have changed much in the outcome of the game.

Ville getting the shaft for the whole game after the hit, questionable of whether it was fair/not by the refs, but probably better because the game might have gotten more ugly with him in there, more fights b/w the teams, etc.

I highly doubt any suspension/action will be taken on this sole instance, nor should it. We've seen uglier hits before and as much as I don't like Niminnen, is was a good, farily clean hit, not a cheap attempt to injure a player.

I have yet to see the hit as I just got home but if it was from behind and Lebda was hurt to the point of a) a concussion and b) having to be taken off on a stretcher than 5 and a game for Ville is spot on. Stuff like that has to be dealt with swiftly and firmly. I'm sure a 1 game suspension will be in order with all of the attention being put on hits like this. I just hope Lebda will be ok for the playoffs.

I have yet to see the hit as I just got home but if it was from behind and Lebda was hurt to the point of a) a concussion and b) having to be taken off on a stretcher than 5 and a game for Ville is spot on. Stuff like that has to be dealt with swiftly and firmly. I'm sure a 1 game suspension will be in order with all of the attention being put on hits like this. I just hope Lebda will be ok for the playoffs.

It was definitely from behind, but it's not like Ville was charging at him or anything like that. Believe me I don't like the guy, but he didn't do anything deliberate to injure him, Lebda was just in a bad spot. 1 game suspension seems justifiable, but the refs did the right thing giving him a 5:00 major and the like. I don't think much more action will be taken.

It was definitely from behind, but it's not like Ville was charging at him or anything like that. Believe me I don't like the guy, but he didn't do anything deliberate to injure him, Lebda was just in a bad spot. 1 game suspension seems justifiable, but the refs did the right thing giving him a 5:00 major and the like. I don't think much more action will be taken.

I agree, i dont think any other action will be taken against Ville for the hit

I had a pretty good angle of the hit. It was a delayed call by the ref (at first I didn't think he was going to call it), probably because he was thinking "did he just do that"? It was a pretty ugly hit. The announced that Ledba was doing well at the game, which I was glad to hear. :thumbup:

I tell ya, it is the curse of Lilja!

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

The hilarious thing is blues fans are saying it wasn't dirty at all and that Lebda was the one who put himself in that position. That when Ville went in to hit him that Lebda turned around and faced the boards head first. Absolute bulls*** if you ask me. Lebda was already faced there. You could clearly see the jersey from behind reading "22 Lebda" and THEN Ville came in and rammed him. He should of backed away and not done a thing but he's a prick and thinks its fine. I don't even care that the punk went to visit him. Too late buddy.

I'm curious to know why so many members here are also members of LetsGoBlues. Clearly their all jackasses at that site, and go into troll mode once a Wings fans makes a post.

I'm nuetral about the check by the way.

Sorry, but I gotta go with the Blues fans on this one then. I don't like Ville but it was a good, and fair, check.

Since when was a hit from behind clean? I absolutely disagree. If that was the case why kick him out of the game then?