• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
metalwinger_13

just want to rant a lil

Rate this topic

i knwo ill get people saying its in teh GDT but to me its pointless after a game really.. i can see during but not after. but anyways.. the refs have been terrible and just really weird with there calls. i cant beleive bert got a penalty call on the hit that the blues players put on him. its just crazy. let alone they call that but they dont call the numerous interference/tripping/ too many men calls against the blues which im sure everyone has noticed. its crazy how were playing i think great even though were pretty much playing with 4 guys all the time with how many penaltys were giving for chincy s***. then onto the shoot out controversy. i can see how haseks might be a goal. but the ref aid no goal before it even was in the net and where the hell did it come from. it seemed to just pop out of no where. then the cleary shot was a goal considering the shot on hasek was a goal. the goalie moved his leg TWICE, not once, but twice before he lifted his leg revealing the puck was not in the goal. the replay showed it in his knees and his knees were behind the line if not on it. i thought it should have been a goal just by the way he acted. but anyways im done. if the refs keep going this way ill not give a s*** about hockey once the wings are gone, or ill just have to boycott.. but ya .. im done and its nice to see bert out there an dhope he signs for a decent price and a couple more years.. fits in well so far, but could do better. i think overall well be fine in the playoffs if we start gelling and sammy gets scratched for them.. put ellis, langfeild, or kopecky in his spot.. will help overall!!

Guest Agalloch

This is an awful topic, and all of this has already been stated, not only in the GDT, but in another thread complaining about the refs.

This thread is not needed, and should be deleted. Rant in one of the other topics.

Please use caps (when necessary) and spacing between sentences, much easier to read.

And the refs didn't cost the Wings the game here. Sucks that Cleary scored after the whistle in the 1st, but what can you do, gotta freeze the puck and it's a judgment call for the refs.

Weight's attempt was in, plain and simple.

And I'm sorry, as much as I wanted them to reverse Cleary's attempt, I couldn't see the puck past the line, the refs couldn't see it after reviewing it for about 10 minutes, hence no reversal on the call.

I've seen many worse-officiated games, like in Vancouver recently.

Already overstated for the one millionth time in the past few days.

As for Samulesson, you replacement decisions are extremly hard pressed to be any better. Ellis is in the minors, Langfeld sucks, and Kopecky is injured. I admit Samulesson is not been playing overly great lately (his shootout attempt in the Columbus game is proof that), but if you're going to tell me Langfeld is any better than obviously you don't watch the Wings very much. Samulessons 12 goals in 26 points are a lot more to speak of then Langfelds 0 goals and a whopping 2 points.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Im not saying the refs cost it but im saying were doing pretty good playing with what seems like 4 guys a good majority of the time even though we barely touch or barely commit the offence, where ass the opposing team seems to do whatever. Ya i can be a homer but i mean when ya see a guy being interfered with in clear as day site, me as a fan gets pissed, when say bert gets a penalty for a guy running into him.

With the shootout, my question is where did the puck come form when it ended up in the net with hasek. Also how come you saw it after the ref blew it off saying save or no goal. Where as on the cleary shot, that was a lil more obvious it was over or atleast on the line with his movements. To me it should have been a goal.. the way he acted with his movements as the refs were looking at him seem to tell me he knew it was in. Im just saying if ya aloow one which was borderline, you shoudl allow a similar goal.

Im not saying the refs cost it but im saying were doing pretty good playing with what seems like 4 guys a good majority of the time even though we barely touch or barely commit the offence, where ass the opposing team seems to do whatever. Ya i can be a homer but i mean when ya see a guy being interfered with in clear as day site, me as a fan gets pissed, when say bert gets a penalty for a guy running into him.

With the shootout, my question is where did the puck come form when it ended up in the net with hasek. Also how come you saw it after the ref blew it off saying save or no goal. Where as on the cleary shot, that was a lil more obvious it was over or atleast on the line with his movements. To me it should have been a goal.. the way he acted with his movements as the refs were looking at him seem to tell me he knew it was in. Im just saying if ya aloow one which was borderline, you shoudl allow a similar goal.

:violin:

I understand he has 12 goals and stuff compared to langfeilds 0, but im looking at what we need to succed in the playoffs. Do we need a player like Sammy who seems to shoot a simply wrister from where ever he is? Or would ya want some one who will grind the puck and players and put some energy into the team when hes out there. Even kopecky would be better if hes healthy enough to go. Ellis, yes hes in the minors, but he fit in well for being a 4th liner here. brings more to me then Sammy. I just dont think Sammy will put up in the playoffs, where as Ellis, Langfeild or Kopecky woul i think have a better time with that style of hockey. I really dont care how someone plays during the regular season because as we all know the playoffs are a different beast. Yes Sammy has been injured most of the year, but when he was healthy hasnt impressed me. Hudler has had more production with less time. Give Sammys spot to a younger hungry player for the playoffs, who will get there nose dirty. Thats how I see it.

I understand he was cut, but goddamn, he ran into the damn guy and his stick, it was a collison/ check, give me a break. If Backes got up and just went to the bench to get fixed real quick, since it wasnt a major cut, everything would have been fine. The penalty was called after it actually happened which i think was stupid. But if it was say ert accidentlly high sticking, or something like that i wouldn tbe bitching, but it was a half accidental collison/check so why call a damn penalty.

Is this youger, grittier player supposed to be Langfeld?

What you're saying right now is not very sensible. Why scratch Samulesson now for Langfeld, who yes, is a worse player, when Samulesson will more than likely be the scratch come playoff time anyways? Once the playoffs start, and if everyone is healthy, there will be one extra player that will be scratched, whether it will Hudler, Filppula, or Samulesson. Langfeld has no place of being played in front of any of those three.

I never said now, i said come playoff time. And i think filppula, and hudler have earned playoff time. Sammy hasnt really done anything special to me. Doesnt play the body, and stays on the perimiter from what ive seen of him latly. Im just saying to me come playoff time, i want players who are going to play playoff style hockey, or elevate there game to be better and to lift the team. If Babs thinks sammy will do this thats fine. hes the coach.

I'm all for replacing Samuelsson for a grittier player, however, Langfield or Ellis isnt the solution.

I completely agree that Samuelsson is vastly overrated, and i have no idea what babcock sees in the guy. I know people will talk about his point production, but lets be realistic he has to be one of the softest players in the league and is incredibly easy to play against. In the playoffs that just isnt going to work.

an ideal forward playoff lineup would look like t his

Zetterberg- Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Franzen (line has been working

Holmstrom-Hudler-Filpulla

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Samuelsson

Not to jump on a guy when he's down but people need to follow forum guidelines a bit better when the thought of creating a new thread pops into thier head. Dear lord I've been here for years and I've never even made a thread before.

Your right and glad you agree. I just recommended those 3 guys cause of what we have in our system at the moment cause obviously we cant just go trade for someone. The thing i think sammy has going for him is last years surprise signing and production, yet didnt show up in the playoffs, alogn with many others. Thats why i would like to see a younger player or someone who will put some heart into there play and leave everything on the ice each and every game.

Not so much complaining about it (highsticking is an automatic penalty), but did the refs have their hand up when they whistled on the Bertuzzi hit?

Ken and Mickey also mentioned that the linesman might have caught the highstick. What is the rule about that?

Geez let the guy or gal start a thread. So the poster wants to rant a bit, yeah it's been mentioned like every other game the past week or so. It's no worse then the Lebda thread having its own separate one from the GDT, which are hard to follow IMO even DURING the games it's hard to keep up some times.

I think its funny were on a hockey forum yet people are so anal abotu a damn word being mispelled. i could care less.. not like its English class, let alone a college English class. and who cares about the topic.. if ya look at the topics on the first page from teh past two days, theres no topic like mine, maybe the GDT but i dont even read that cause its too much to worry bout and kind of unimportant. I just find it sad that other hockey fans are worried about spelling. who cares, lets talk hockey... red wings hockey.. its a hockey forum.. not a dictionary forum or one on proper english usage. ive read and contributed for a couple years now and its a turn off to have people worry bout how s*** is spelled or typed, instead of the message its self.

I think its funny were on a hockey forum yet people are so anal abotu a damn word being mispelled. i could care less.. not like its English class, let alone a college English class. and who cares about the topic.. if ya look at the topics on the first page from teh past two days, theres no topic like mine, maybe the GDT but i dont even read that cause its too much to worry bout and kind of unimportant. I just find it sad that other hockey fans are worried about spelling. who cares, lets talk hockey... red wings hockey.. its a hockey forum.. not a dictionary forum or one on proper english usage. ive read and contributed for a couple years now and its a turn off to have people worry bout how s*** is spelled or typed, instead of the message its self.

Please, be real. People come down on bad grammar being it's annoying, and very hard, to try and see your point when you post like that. Example:

y helo i havz i kestion abot teh wigz!!!!!!!!!11 wo iz teh captan of teh winz?????!!!!!!11 i do noz no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111onethreefivexDDDDDDDD

Granted I exaggerated that a little, but it's the same concept. It's easier to get your point across and have a normal discussion when you use proper grammar and spelling, rather than make everyone sort through a pile of misspelled words trying to figure out what you said.

ya i understand but its its writting with proper english or close to it with a few miss spelled word then why *****. and do you want me to indent at the start of each paragraph and make a new paragraph with each new topic with it running atleast 4 sentences??? i mean come on this is not a friggin newspaper or magazine editorial.. its a damn message board.. as long as its readable.. who cares. since when did we have a grammar nazi on the internet.. yes it might be a nice idea, but i say aslong as s*** is spelled right who cares. grow up and get over it

Edited by metalwinger_13

ya i understand but its its writting with proper english or close to it with a few miss spelled word then why *****. and do you want me to indent at the start of each paragraph and make a new paragraph with each new topic with it running atleast 4 sentences??? i mean come on this is not a friggin newspaper or magazine editorial.. its a damn message board.. as long as its readable.. who cares. since when did we have a grammar nazi on the internet.. yes it might be a nice idea, but i say aslong as s*** is spelled right who cares. grow up and get over it

That's just it. It's not readable.

I realize that this is not exactly a thesis paper we're writing here. A few typos and some questionable grammar is no big deal.

But when your whole post looks like one long sentence written by e.e. cummings, it's hardly worth the effort it takes to read it.

And isn't that the point of posting, so people will read your thoughts and opinions?

A few capitalized words and hitting the return key now and then would help a lot.

...just sayin'.

y helo i havz i kestion abot teh wigz!!!!!!!!!11 wo iz teh captan of teh winz?????!!!!!!11 i do noz no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111onethreefivexDDDDDDDD

There's a huge difference between the two.

I'll read metalwinger_13's posts and the one quoted here I did. Kp-Wings' example I won't and didn't.

Yes I realize Kp exaggerated.

If the mods have a problem with metalwinger_13's posts or topics let them handle it. If not, let metalwinger_13 be or just ignore him or her.