• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Bertuzzi's 4 minute double minor

Rate this topic

It was the right call. Enough with the penalty threads...why must every loss generate multiple threads about anti-Wings referee conspairacy and unbiased penalty calls...face it, the Wings have earned the majority of the penalties they've taken in this recent "hot streak."

It was the right call. Enough with the penalty threads...why must every loss generate multiple threads about anti-Wings referee conspairacy and unbiased penalty calls...face it, the Wings have earned the majority of the penalties they've taken in this recent "hot streak."

Conspiracies??? Biased calls???

You guys are fighting for the top spot overall in the NHL.

Boo Hoo.

Quit whining.

It's annoying.

Spoiled brats.

Boo Hoo.

Quit whining.

It's annoying.

Spoiled brats.

Again,..go home,....

but you'd think a team that's gotten as screwed by the refs this season like st. louis has would at least understand frustration.

Boo Hoo.

Quit whining.

It's annoying.

Spoiled brats.

Then stfu and gtfo, kthx.

it's a cut-and-dried play: accidental, intentional, whatever: if a player's stick touches the head of an opposing player it's high sticking. if the player gets cut, it's a double minor.

end of discussion.

beyond that, you can debate the merits of the rule but that's the rule in black and white.

Boo Hoo.

Quit whining.

It's annoying.

Spoiled brats.

if you can call what we're doing now "fighting", haha.

The call was stupid... It's like calling Svatos for kicking when he got Kronwall in the face...

:clap::clap::clap:

So painfully true.

Alright, well first off sorry to the bitchy people who get angry when a thread is started that was already mentioned in the GDT or somewhere else before.

Anyways, I started this topic when Bertuzzi colided with a St. Louis Blues player.

In my opinion I don't think he really even desevered a minor penalty yet a double minor.

It looked completely accidental and he was not intentionally trying to hurt or go after the blues player ( who I can't remember the name of right now)

Does everyone think that this was a fair call, or was it complete B.S. , like a lot of calls the refs have been making against Detroit these past few games. :sly:

Thoughts, opionions, concerns, whatever else...

Isn't it funny how some fans believe their team should be immune to the rules the other 29 teams have to follow and get penalties for. A high stick drawing blood has cut and dried penalties. If you knew hockey at all you would already know this. The words 'sorry about that' aren't in the rule book that the refs use. Get over it.

The ref's have been making bad calls all season long to start with! on top of that it is Bret so every call they can come up with they are going to call! it is sad but that is what is going to happen. even if it is a questionable call to begin with they are going to send him straight to the box.

:blush: sorry if anyting is spelt wrong

Isn't it funny how some fans believe their team should be immune to the rules the other 29 teams have to follow and get penalties for. A high stick drawing blood has cut and dried penalties. If you knew hockey at all you would already know this. The words 'sorry about that' aren't in the rule book that the refs use. Get over it.

well if it was your team ( who ever it may be) you I am sure would ***** too so do act like you have never bitched about a call or yelled at the ref from your couch or chair when a poor call has been made. That is all the people posting are saying. I didn't get to watch the game so I can't say if it was a bad call or not but from the sound of it he should of only had a 2 min minor instead of a a dubble. :P

well if it was your team ( who ever it may be) you I am sure would ***** too so do act like you have never bitched about a call or yelled at the ref from your couch or chair when a poor call has been made. That is all the people posting are saying. I didn't get to watch the game so I can't say if it was a bad call or not but from the sound of it he should of only had a 2 min minor instead of a a dubble. :P

It was a high stick (2:00)

It drew blood (additional 2:00)

It's pretty cut and dried.

i knew that it wasn't going to be a goal. not enough data. even though they were wrong.

The shoot out call was correct. Some people just don't understand that the entire puck has to cross the line, not just a part of the puck. The close-up replays show that it is a non-issue. Check the video replay on nhl.com and try not to be too biased. Even without the video replay the refs would have had to call that a no goal.

Boo Hoo.

Quit whining.

It's annoying.

Spoiled brats.

Where are you getting this stuff from? He said the Wings did deserve the call.

For you coming all bold saying that a ton of Wings go over to your board and start crap, you seem to do it a lot here. I don't know what your problem is, but just shut up already.

It was a high stick (2:00)

It drew blood (additional 2:00)

It's pretty cut and dried.

Like I said I didn't see the game: if he drew blood then yes it was the right call... I am just saying for somebody to post that people are bitching due to the fact that they called it on a wing is wrong...... everybody ******* about the calls made when it is there team.. Part of being a fan. I am just saying dont slam other people for doing the same thing you do at home just because they like another team..

Like I said I didn't see the game: if he drew blood then yes it was the right call... I am just saying for somebody to post that people are bitching due to the fact that they called it on a wing is wrong...... everybody ******* about the calls made when it is there team.. Part of being a fan. I am just saying dont slam other people for doing the same thing you do at home just because they like another team..

cprice was right. People are bitching about it because Bertuzzi is a Wing. It was a fair call and anyone who ******* either did not see it or has no clue about the rules.

Well in that case then, I think those are some lame rules :P

I mean my yelling and screaming won't change anything but because he is cut you get an automatic double minor is just ridiculous. I guess I can see that you should have control of your stick at all times, but then you have the instances were some goof ball will radomly come along and trip or something and you get called for that as well. I guess its a no win situation either way you look at it.

Just added fuel to the fire today, since we have been getting quite the amount of bad calls latley in our games.

Yes I second that question, how the crowd react on that one?

I was out of my seat here at home when the ref called it no goal.

You could tell Babcock was furious, all the players left the bench and he just stood there with this grin on his face.

To answer your questions, people were throwing s*** on the ice.