• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sWINGED

hockey night in canada blasts tootoo

Rate this topic

btw. if you want to know where i'm coming from. I hated Tootoo when he first started playing with us. So i've been there. I didn't want him on the team. But as someone who watches him game after game (unlike almost anyone here i'd reckon) he's slowly become one of my more liked players in Nashville. And it is because I took the time watch his game (trying to prove my own thoughts that he didn't belong) and over time I realized just how effective and valuable he was. Now I really enjoy watching him play his game.

did you read what I said?

LAST SEASON, he played TWO WEEKS on a scoring line. notice that he posted 10 points in only 34 games. At that rate this season he'd have 20-25 points.

Read further and I said he would be good on a THIRD LINE. 20-25 points. thats along the same lines as Hudler, Draper, Franzen, Williams. Are you going to rip these guys for their awesome stats?

as for his stats this season... again, READ. I think I said he's playing a 4th line agitator role. Not exactly the position to be scoring from.

You sit here and talk about how i've been "owned" and how I must not know anything about hockey, and then make jokes to say that he's not a valuable asset to the Preds. How funny...

Williams doesn't play for us anymore. And when he did play here, he was on the second line, not the third or fourth.

The irony of using a grammatically incorrect insult to call someone a moron is too much.

sorry, I live in the south. Grammar has no place here. There isn't enough time in the day between chewing tabaccy, sleeping with my sister, chroming out my tractor and deep frying every piece of food in the kitchen (well actually, we keep our fridge on the front porch)

Williams doesn't play for us anymore. And when he did play here, he was on the second line, not the third or fourth.

that makes Williams stats even worse doesn't it? :crazy:

Guest Crymson

I didn't see this, but I really hope he stays in the NHL. Those games against Nashville were very exciting for a large part because of him stirring crap up. I'm not for headhunting, but I certainly support his ability to get under players' skins and create a good, physical game, and possibly in Detroit's case, the baby steps to a rivalry.

If TooToo keeps this up, someone will eventually become angry and end his career. I mean physically, not legally.

Thats what i was thinking as well.

Hitting is part of the game, thats an area Tootoo looks to excel at. Sorry, but theres nothing wrong with that. You dont like it, ban hitting.

Right; what about biting, sucker punching, starting fights without even giving the other guy a chance to drop the gloves--i.e. Iginla--and ILLEGAL hitting? Are those part of the game?

Edited by Crymson

Right; what about biting, sucker punching, starting fights without even giving the other guy a chance to drop the gloves--i.e. Iginla--and ILLEGAL hitting? Are those part of the game?

Huh? Biting? Tootoos actually biten people?

Guest Crymson

I said I wouldn't post again, but unfortunately there's morons like you.

Go find any fan of the Brandon Wheat Kings to see if Tootoo was popular when he played a "clean" game.

He can EASILY change if he's put in the right position. As of now he's playing a 4th line agitator role and excelling at it. for a few weeks last season, due to injuries, he was bumped up to the top line playing with Kariya. Nothing dirty or anything, he played a scoring role and actually did well. I think he he were on a team that rolled 3 scoring lines, and he was put on the third line and told "score, don't agitate" then he would be able to do it in a heartbeat and enjoy the heck out of it.

Everyone saying how out of control he is, obviously hasn't been paying attention for the last 3 years, because he has consistantly improved his game since he came into the league. He is a smarter player, he's taking fewer penalties, picking his spots better and drawing a lot more penalties. So anyone saying his play hurts the team doesn't have a clue because he puts us on the power play a lot more than the penalty kill.

And I LOL at the people saying "he'll be out of the league in 5 years" to say that he's not good enough to stick around. if he lasts another 5 years, that'll be 8 seasons. Do you know how many players don't last 8 seasons?

Sorry if people think i'm being a homer, but i'm just telling it like I see it.

Oh, SNAP! Wow, what an argument. First, choose the only part of the guy's argument which might be slightly flawed, which also happens to be secondary to his main point. Then you call him a moron.

Good one, champ. Homer? Yes. How about addressing the fact that he intends to injure people, and does things that so dirty that no other NHL player will do them? Is biting other players okay with you?

His level of play does not matter when his irresponsibility and dirty conduct is brought into question. Were Jaromir Jagr to begin intentional attempts to hurt people, nobody would care how good he played otherwise. It seems to me that, indirectly, you attempt to exonerate TooToo from his despicable behavior by claiming that he also contributes to his team's play; this is laughable to me.

Homer? Yes. Utterly so.

Huh? Biting? Tootoos actually biten people?

Yes. He bit Tyler Wright's hand in a scrum.

Edited by Crymson

Yes. How about addressing the fact that he intends to injure people, and does things that so dirty that no other NHL player will do them?

yeah... he's so much dirtier than any other player, he's so far beyond what other players are willing to do. The league must have a close eye on him. That is, during the few games he gets to play between suspensions. Because I mean, No one else even comes close to the dirty stuff that Tootoo pulls that he must be suspended a lot.

Matter of fact, lets find a list of all the times that he's been suspended for dirty play, cheap shots, sucker punches, etc (be warned, take up a comfy chair because there will be a lot of reading to follow).

Okay, the list:

19-Mar-07: Suspended by the NHL for 5 games.

:blink:

yeah... he's so much dirtier than any other player, he's so far beyond what other players are willing to do. The league must have a close eye on him. That is, during the few games he gets to play between suspensions. Because I mean, No one else even comes close to the dirty stuff that Tootoo pulls that he must be suspended a lot.

Matter of fact, lets find a list of all the times that he's been suspended for dirty play, cheap shots, sucker punches, etc (be warned, take up a comfy chair because there will be a lot of reading to follow).

Okay, the list:

So he doesnt get suspended for every cheap shot he takes. Doesnt mean anything he does is right , Biting someone ? Thats just too far.

Okay, the list:

You forgot to mention the biting.

I never knew he did that before. I'm trying to find out more about. That's just disgusting that he would go that far though. What a joke.

Guest Crymson

Okay, the list:

Each one of his cheap shots has the potential to seriously injure another player. More injuries = more suspensions. They don't happen otherwise. Again, nice try, chump. Ever wonder why he's attracted the attention of the entire NHL as the dirtiest player around?

Better thin out those homer lenses.

Edited by Crymson

sorry, I live in the south. Grammar has no place here. There isn't enough time in the day between chewing tabaccy, sleeping with my sister, chroming out my tractor and deep frying every piece of food in the kitchen (well actually, we keep our fridge on the front porch)

Thats too bad. I was born in South Carolina and I still manage to make sure my grammar is correct when Im insulting someone for their stupidity.

that makes Williams stats even worse doesn't it? :crazy:

Yup. Probably the reason why everyone hated him and loved that he was traded.

Tootoos pretty lucky he doesnt play in a conference with Janssen, Orr, Belak, Fedoruk, Peters, Hollweg, Eager, McGrattan, and Brashear.

His only defense would be his typical offense of either jumping the guy or punching him before the other guy even has his gloves off.

Thats too bad. I was born in South Carolina and I still manage to make sure my grammar is correct when Im insulting someone for their stupidity.

Yup. Probably the reason why everyone hated him and loved that he was traded.

I guess people from South Carolina don't use apostrophes. If you're going to be a true grammar nazi, you might want to make sure your sentences are perfect as well. :D

I agree with whoever said that Tootoo would be a fan favorite if he played for the Wings. I don't agree with everything he does, but he brings an energy to the team like no other player can.

I guess people from South Carolina don't use apostrophes. If you're going to be a true grammar nazi, you might want to make sure your sentences are perfect as well. :D

I agree with whoever said that Tootoo would be a fan favorite if he played for the Wings. I don't agree with everything he does, but he brings an energy to the team like no other player can.

Nope. I dont use apostrophes. Never bother with them on a forum. Too much effort.

I dont bother to be a grammar nazi. I only bother to be a person who enjoys pointing out the irony of sounding like a moron when calling someone a moron.

Wow, Tootoo is a -12. Nobody on the Preds is especially close. 32 players have played for the Predators this season, according to Yahoo, and only 5 of them are minus for the season.

Yeah, and he's -9 career; that number would be even worse if he weren't sitting in the box every other minute. The only role that he will ever play in the NHL is the one that he is currently in- an agitator. As for Legionnaire's "suspension list", the guy has only played 165 games- so he's essentially played two full seasons (amount of games), and has been suspended once..great start. Hopefully the instigator rule goes away- if it does, Tootoo will follow.

Tootoo probably would be a fan favorite here. And we'd all be homers not realizing that what he does is usually dirty.

But thats just me. Im old fashion and prefer to see the guys square up the way they used to.

I don't understand why everyone says that Tootoo has no talent what so ever. The people who say that should try and dig up some stats and game film from some Brandon Wheat Kings days and team Canada World Juniors as well.

And then they should dig up some of Maltbys junior records as a 50 goal scorer! What a fun time that would be!

That being said, tootoo has more talent than a lot of enforcers/agitators.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I don't understand why everyone says that Tootoo has no talent what so ever. The people who say that should try and dig up some stats and game film from some Brandon Wheat Kings days and team Canada World Juniors as well.

em, you could dig up some great JUNIOR footage from most NHLers.

There are plenty of people who have steller junior numbers but suck ass or don't make the NHL.

Take for example: Brad Twordik. Had pretty similar numbers in Juniors to Tootoo. Played his final year on the Wheat Kings the first year Tootoo did. Scored 69 points that year. Was a regular 70 point scorer for about 3 or 4 years in a row.

Where is he now? Not even playing anymore. Case and Point: Juse because you have good junior numbers doesn't mean you're going to be good in the NHL. There are so many more examples, too many for me to list.

did you read what I said?

LAST SEASON, he played TWO WEEKS on a scoring line. notice that he posted 10 points in only 34 games. At that rate this season he'd have 20-25 points.

Read further and I said he would be good on a THIRD LINE. 20-25 points. thats along the same lines as Hudler, Draper, Franzen, Williams. Are you going to rip these guys for their awesome stats?

as for his stats this season... again, READ. I think I said he's playing a 4th line agitator role. Not exactly the position to be scoring from.

You sit here and talk about how i've been "owned" and how I must not know anything about hockey, and then make jokes to say that he's not a valuable asset to the Preds. How funny...

you keep trying to get back up off the mat, which is just stupid--not admirable.

so tootoo has worse stats this year than last? so he's bumped back down to a 4th liner? thanks for disproving yourself: tootoo has not improved every year in the league--not scoring, not in the goon department (as his current 5-game suspension shows). he has regressed and become a cartoon character, a dimwit stuck in his celebrity status of village idiot.

pow. down you go again. now, please: stay down.

There are plenty of people who have steller junior numbers but suck ass or don't make the NHL.

Take for example: Brad Twordik. Had pretty similar numbers in Juniors to Tootoo. Played his final year on the Wheat Kings the first year Tootoo did. Scored 69 points that year. Was a regular 70 point scorer for about 3 or 4 years in a row.

Where is he now? Not even playing anymore. Case and Point: Juse because you have good junior numbers doesn't mean you're going to be good in the NHL. There are so many more examples, too many for me to list.

maltby was a 50-goal scorer in the minors, i believe.

but i have no doubt tootoo can end up having a great career in the minors and/or beer leagues.

Yeah, and he's -9 career; that number would be even worse if he weren't sitting in the box every other minute. The only role that he will ever play in the NHL is the one that he is currently in- an agitator. As for Legionnaire's "suspension list", the guy has only played 165 games- so he's essentially played two full seasons (amount of games), and has been suspended once..great start. Hopefully the instigator rule goes away- if it does, Tootoo will follow.

that's the truly amazing thing that a guy who spends as much time in the box as he does STILL has a crappy +/- number :D

I do believe that he bit Wright. But it was never proven.

beyond lame. even for you.

Well isn't this lovely. I enjoy bashing Tootoo and Nashville as much as next man but this has gotten way out of hand. Well, with the exception of Tootoo who I would not want on my team no matter what. And to the people who disagree, well, I don't really understand that. The guy is a goon and an enforcerer. He's not exactly famous for doing anything else. But enforcerers I can accept, heck I can even accept cheap shots. The Wings-Avs rivalry was filled with them, on both sides. But Tootoo's style of charging Modano and then turning around and smashing somebody in the face while obviously not realizing the puck was nowhere near, well that's just retarded.

On the topic of Nashville bashing, well stereotypes are ugly and I'm always surprised by how condescending some people can be. Nashville can be a rival and I don't mind poking some fun at their fans but this is blowing way out of proportion. Let them build their franchise in peace, it's not exactly their fault they haven't had a great deal of exposure to hockey before and you can't expect everyone to become experts overnight.