• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sWINGED

hockey night in canada blasts tootoo

Rate this topic

Tootoo should be banned. He does not know how to play the game. He probably thinks that there is no puck involved in the sport. Or at least judging by the way he plays, he does not think so.

Tootoo should be banned? Seriously? I'd love to hear your thoughts on your recently acquired Todd Bertuzzi. A man will no longer lace up his skates because of what Todd Bertuzzi did. And TOOTOO should be banned? Get bent.

As homerish as some of the Nashville posters are in here with their team, I'll take their word to an extent about them being a bit more familar with Tootoo's game. As much as we might dislike sports media sometimes, what they say on a player has a big influence on our perceptions as well, whether they are right/wrong, fair/unfair.

Tootoo's hustle and hard-skating style? I absolutely dig it. In my perception though, there's a fine line between being aggressive (in a controlled manner) and just reckless. Tootoo seems to have crossed the line a few times unfortunately.

Tootoo's hustle and hard-skating style? I absolutely dig it. In my perception though, there's a fine line between being aggressive (in a controlled manner) and just reckless. Tootoo seems to have crossed the line a few times unfortunately.

I have to agree, I love the energy with which tootoo plays, I'd love for us to have that in Detroit, but when you start deliberately leaving your feet trying to take out guys who no longer have the puck, then I have a problem with that. I also have a problem with sucker punches. If you're going to punch a guy, challenge him and do it evenly. Don't just drop the gloves and start pounding him when he's not ready to go. That's how guys get injured.

Well isn't this lovely. I enjoy bashing Tootoo and Nashville as much as next man but this has gotten way out of hand.

(...)

On the topic of Nashville bashing, well stereotypes are ugly and I'm always surprised by how condescending some people can be. Nashville can be a rival and I don't mind poking some fun at their fans but this is blowing way out of proportion. Let them build their franchise in peace, it's not exactly their fault they haven't had a great deal of exposure to hockey before and you can't expect everyone to become experts overnight.

dito to that. some people are unable to follow a civilized discussion. and these are often Wings fans who goon valuable people coming from other "directions". not to mention, some posters have even a habit of gooning other Wings fans who don't jump common bandwaggon (like Todd-Bertuzzi-loveboat or kill-Tootoo-bashdwaggon).

have your opinion, but let the others have theirs. the fact that some player is on another team which doesn't play Wings-like figure-skating-zero-toughness style of hockey does not make him crap. and the fact that someone wears Winged Wheel does not necessarily translate into him being a saint or have skills of Howe-Orr-Lemieux combined :)

as for Tootoo - he's very effective in current NHL, but whether there's enough skill to keep him in the league once instigator is gone (which will hopefully come some day) - I'd not bet my money on this. I'm not saying he can't play hockey, just questioning the ability to reach the minimal level to play in the NHL.

my 0.02$

Tootoos pretty lucky he doesnt play in a conference with Janssen, Orr, Belak, Fedoruk, Peters, Hollweg, Eager, McGrattan, and Brashear.

His only defense would be his typical offense of either jumping the guy or punching him before the other guy even has his gloves off.

:clap: Exactly! He fights people like Wright, Bell, Bootland but if he were to go toe-to-toe with a real heavyweight, he`d get destroyed.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Tootoo should be banned? Seriously? I'd love to hear your thoughts on your recently acquired Todd Bertuzzi. A man will no longer lace up his skates because of what Todd Bertuzzi did. And TOOTOO should be banned? Get bent.

The getting banned comments are a bit silly at this stage I think.

However, as far as getting bent, do you mean like the way you bend your sis over at night? Todd Bertuzzi? Jeez man, talk about going to the well time and time again.

Todd Bertuzzi had one incident. He wasn't known as a cheap shot artist before that shift. He played a number of years in the league prior to that shift and wasn't considered a goon or a cheap shot artist.

Tootoo on the other hand has been in the league only a couple of years and already the entire hockey world is discussing him and viewing him in a negative light.

Bertuzzi lost it on one shift and it had horrible consequences. That was one shift, one incident. Lots of NHLers have had moments where they've just lost their cool. s***, Tony Granato clubbed a guy over the head with a stick during his playing days. My point is that had Moore's neck not been broken nobody would've cared. The fact is his neck was broken though so Bert was made an example of. That still doesn't change the fact that he was not a cheap shot artist or known dirty player in the league prior to that shift that night.

Toots on the other hand has already claimed the title of league's dirtiest player. You don't see the HNIC guys or the TSN guys or anybody else in the hockey universe discussing how dirty a player Todd Bertuzzi is do you? Nope, they're all talking about Tootoo in that regard.

Get a clue already. And if you can nab 2 clues, give one to Legionairre. He's lost it on this one. I agree Tootoo can maybe have some offensive chops were he utilized differently, but that doesn't alter the fact that he's the league's most despicable player as of right now.

It won't even take a fighter or a big hitter to end his career. A cheap shot that results in a real injury will be enough for that no talent waste of space. In Bertuzzi's situation, he at least can score and plays an OFFENSIVE role on the teams he plays for.

Also, a coach could end his career. One ended Norton's. All it takes is a SLIGHT drop in his non-production and he is in the minors for the rest of his career. That seems more likely to happen than a complete demolishing from Boogie or Laraque.

Tootoo pushes the envelope too much. He'll get his, but until then you can see what the NHL thinks of his play, 5 game suspension.. nuff said. Some are sad he won't be in the lineup for Thursday's game?? Personally, I'd rather he not injure a Red Wing a week before the playoffs start.

Tootoo pushes the envelope too much. He'll get his, but until then you can see what the NHL thinks of his play, 5 game suspension.. nuff said. Some are sad he won't be in the lineup for Thursday's game?? Personally, I'd rather he not injure a Red Wing a week before the playoffs start.

I'm with you. I wouldn't be surprised if he was running Pavel and Bert jsut to take them out of the playoffs under orders from Edward G. Robinson (aka Trotz). I just wish that Stars game nextr Saturday was nationally televised. :angry: I would love to see Ott or Barnaby pick him apart. Hell, even Lindros can still throw his weight around.

The getting banned comments are a bit silly at this stage I think.

However, as far as getting bent, do you mean like the way you bend your sis over at night? Todd Bertuzzi? Jeez man, talk about going to the well time and time again.

Todd Bertuzzi had one incident. He wasn't known as a cheap shot artist before that shift. He played a number of years in the league prior to that shift and wasn't considered a goon or a cheap shot artist.

Tootoo on the other hand has been in the league only a couple of years and already the entire hockey world is discussing him and viewing him in a negative light.

Bertuzzi lost it on one shift and it had horrible consequences. That was one shift, one incident. Lots of NHLers have had moments where they've just lost their cool. s***, Tony Granato clubbed a guy over the head with a stick during his playing days. My point is that had Moore's neck not been broken nobody would've cared. The fact is his neck was broken though so Bert was made an example of. That still doesn't change the fact that he was not a cheap shot artist or known dirty player in the league prior to that shift that night.

Toots on the other hand has already claimed the title of league's dirtiest player. You don't see the HNIC guys or the TSN guys or anybody else in the hockey universe discussing how dirty a player Todd Bertuzzi is do you? Nope, they're all talking about Tootoo in that regard.

Get a clue already. And if you can nab 2 clues, give one to Legionairre. He's lost it on this one. I agree Tootoo can maybe have some offensive chops were he utilized differently, but that doesn't alter the fact that he's the league's most despicable player as of right now.

First, if you want to have an intelligent discussion, lose the ******* stereotypes. Do you know how easy it would be to call you an impoverished crackhead? Because that's the stereotype associated with Detroit. Learn how to not be ignorant ******. Thanks.

Next, your reasoning is that Bertuzzi isn't the same because he only had one incident? Yea? Well in that one incident he broke a man's ******* neck while he was face down on the ice. One is all it takes, my friend. And until Tootoo does something even remotely close to what Bertuzzi did, kindly STFU.

Once again, I hate it when Tootoo leaves his feet and I don't get excited when I see a cheap shot made by him or by anyone else for that matter. But anyone who says that Tootoo doesn't belong in the NHL or should be banned or is a no talent ass clown is just sadly mistaken. Tootoo is a valuable asset and significant liability to the Predators at the same time.

Tootoo does a great job at drawing penalties by getting under people's skin. And apparently he has done a good job with most of you as well.

Edited by ProudestMonkey

Yea, the Tootoo banned things are pretty lame and getting old and aren't really legit--but you know what is getting even more repetitive--the Bertuzzi comments. It happened like two years (or more) ago and he's paid the price (i know i know, not like moore has, but still). The only reason people think Tootoo should be banned is to protect their star players from being hurt in the mannerisms of Robidas. I am not saying that kind of talk is good or even right and it is getting old, but you are just ruining your legitimacy by bringing up the Bert situation--we've heard it all before and are quite frankly sick of it. Fortunately for you, if you don't want to see this Tootoo should be banned stuff, you can leave. Otherwise, ignore it because it will never go away no matter how many times you bring up Bert. Trying to tell Wings fans that Tootoo is skilled at drawing penalties and getting under people's skin only further proves their thoughts that he has no hockey talent (i.e. with a stink and a puck) whatsoever.That said, I hate Tootoo as much as anyone, but I don't think he should get banned because his talent lies in drawing penalties and being annoying--if the cheap shots continue my opinion might change.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

Guest GordieSid&Ted

First, if you want to have an intelligent discussion, lose the ******* stereotypes. Do you know how easy it would be to call you an impoverished crackhead? Because that's the stereotype associated with Detroit. Learn how to not be ignorant ******. Thanks.

Next, your reasoning is that Bertuzzi isn't the same because he only had one incident? Yea? Well in that one incident he broke a man's ******* neck while he was face down on the ice. One is all it takes, my friend. And until Tootoo does something even remotely close to what Bertuzzi did, kindly STFU.

Once again, I hate it when Tootoo leaves his feet and I don't get excited when I see a cheap shot made by him or by anyone else for that matter. But anyone who says that Tootoo doesn't belong in the NHL or should be banned or is a no talent ass clown is just sadly mistaken. Tootoo is a valuable asset and significant liability to the Predators at the same time.

Tootoo does a great job at drawing penalties by getting under people's skin. And apparently he has done a good job with most of you as well.

LOL.

Awesome stuff.

First of all I was born in Georgia. Secondly, I was raised and still reside in Ohio. And in all honesty, I have never been to Joe Louis Arena or into the city of Detroit but thanks for assuming i'm from there.

You see, back in the 80's if you lived in Ohio and liked hockey your choices were pretty much limited to Detroit or Pittsburgh and no self respecting Ohioans I know root for anything from Pittsburgh. So there's my history in short.

Anyway, I agree with your opinion that Tootoo is good enough to play in this league. I for one have never claimed he doesn't belong in the league due to lack of ability. So I don't know why you are picking that bone with me.

As for Bertuzzi. Coming from any Nashville fan I just chuckle at your take on the Bertuzzi situation. When you guys have players like Tootoo and Nichol who each this season have been suspended for doing the exact same thing Todd Bertuzzi did (which was punch an unsuspecting player in the head) its laughable to even suggest you guys can be objective about this topic. Seriously, I've been to the Predators forum and its comical how many morons over there now claim to hate Mike Modano and think he's this evil, stick swinging menace. Yeah, Mike Modano, future Hall of Fame player who nobody has ever said anything but kind words about is public enemy #3 in Nashville right behind Lites and Chris Chelios. Give me a break. The morons in Nashville are so desperate for some respect and recognition that they go out of their way to invent rivalries and brew hatred. Its almost as if you folks don't have enough self esteem or something.

One post in particular cracked me up was a Nashville fan bashing Lites and the Stars for saying the Preds should've acknowledged Modano's achievement. His argument was that the Nashville fans at the game were more concerned about Stephane Robidas' health and were more concerned with him being okay than they were about achievements. I found that particularly funny for 2 reasons: 1. he was implying that Dallas' own people weren't concerned for Robidas' health. And 2: Why the f*** was Robidas laying unconscious on the ice to begin with, huh? That fan didn't seem to grasp that it was Jordin Tootoo's sucker shot to the head that put Robidas there. *******, flaming ignorance.

Listen to commentary from people all around the league from coaches and GM's to players themselves. Jordin Tootoo is one of the most despised and dirtiest players in the league. That's not to say he can't skate or can't score a goal or can't make it in the NHL. It just means he's the dirtiest sob in the league. Combine that with some of the other bastions of fair play on that squad like Hordichuk and Nichol and its no surprise that people all around the NHL are starting to think of Nashville in a negative light.

You got a good hockey team for sure. But you've also got a dirty sob in Tootoo. I could care less really what Preds fans think, but the arrogance to call out somebody like Mike Modano, who has contributed so much to the game in the states in defense of Jordin Tootoo is just disgusting.

And i'm curious about Lites comments, by the way these were never refuted by anyone in Nashville as far as i'm aware that your owner voted no to change the schedule and that the Predators get more money than any other team in the league as far as revenue sharing goes. Lites made some pretty harsh claims against your organization and nobody has stepped up to refute them. I just find some of that stuff to be very interesting if true and can see why Lites and many, many other folks are starting to despise Nashville for more reasons than the fact that they have a really good team.

Nashville= Great team, very little class.

PS. Another funny topic I saw on the Preds board was titled hockey 101 or something. Too funny. An entire thread devoted to simply explaining icing and s***. I love it.

Yea, the Tootoo banned things are pretty lame and getting old and aren't really legit--but you know what is getting even more repetitive--the Bertuzzi comments. It happened like two years (or more) ago and he's paid the price (i know i know, not like moore has, but still). The only reason people think Tootoo should be banned is to protect their star players from being hurt in the mannerisms of Robidas. I am not saying that kind of talk is good or even right and it is getting old, but you are just ruining your legitimacy by bringing up the Bert situation--we've heard it all before and are quite frankly sick of it. Fortunately for you, if you don't want to see this Tootoo should be banned stuff, you can leave. Otherwise, ignore it because it will never go away no matter how many times you bring up Bert. Trying to tell Wings fans that Tootoo is skilled at drawing penalties and getting under people's skin only further proves their thoughts that he has no hockey talent (i.e. with a stink and a puck) whatsoever.That said, I hate Tootoo as much as anyone, but I don't think he should get banned because his talent lies in drawing penalties and being annoying--if the cheap shots continue my opinion might change.

Agreed. The Bertuzzi comments are old. I was just trying to make a comparison. I'm just trying to say that Tootoo hasn't come close to doing anything like the incident with Bertuzzi or McSorely. It is unfortunate that Bertuzzi is a great player, yet will always be known for that one time when he snapped. You're all right about Tootoo not being a goal scorer. He probably never will be known as an offensive contributor. But at the same time, you have to give the kid credit for understanding that. He's made sure that he will continue playing in the NHL by bringing something else to the table with his intensity and hard hits. He's a human bowling ball. We love him and other teams hate him. I understand why and I don't expect anyone to like him. But to talk about being banned is just ridiculous.

Thats what i was thinking as well.

Hitting is part of the game, thats an area Tootoo looks to excel at. Sorry, but theres nothing wrong with that. You dont like it, ban hitting.

I'd like to see Scott Stevens come out of retirement just to lay an open ice hit on Tootoo the way he laid out Kariya a couple years ago when Jersey won the cup.

Agreed. The Bertuzzi comments are old. I was just trying to make a comparison. I'm just trying to say that Tootoo hasn't come close to doing anything like the incident with Bertuzzi or McSorely.

Didn't come close to Bertuzzi's incident? You mean Tootoo DIDN'T strike an unsuspecting player in the head, dropping him to the ice and having him leave on a stretcher?

Unbelievable. You right man, completely different. :lol:

...and can we stop with the "if he was on the Wings everyone would love him" bulls***. We had a player like Tootoo, Sean Avery. He wasn't that popular at all, and didn't last on the team very long either so that whole logic is just crap from the get-go. (aside from the ridiculousness of someone trying to tell me how I'd feel about a player on my team).

esteef

Edited by esteef

Didn't come close to Bertuzzi's incident? You mean Tootoo DIDN'T strike an unsuspecting player in the head, dropping him to the ice and having him leave on a stretcher?

Unbelievable. You right man, completely different. :lol:

Oh my dear God. Are you ******* serious? You are really going to tell me that Tootoo punching Robidas in the face is the same as Bertuzzi punching Moore in the back of the head and then beating him from behind as he lay on the ice? Words can't express how ******* stupid that comparison is. Robidas was the one skating at Tootoo, not vice versa. Maybe you need to see Bertuzzi's incident again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LjdS8SDc37s

Oh my dear God. Are you ******* serious? You are really going to tell me that Tootoo punching Robidas in the face is the same as Bertuzzi punching Moore in the back of the head and then beating him from behind as he lay on the ice? Words can't express how ******* stupid that comparison is. Robidas was the one skating at Tootoo, not vice versa. Maybe you need to see Bertuzzi's incident again.

Yes I am ******* serious. Bert punched him on the side of the head, and Moore's neck was broken by everyone piling on. Watch it again yourself.

The premise is the same, a player not expecting to get punched in the head got exactly that in both cases. Are you saying Tootoo's is acceptable because Robidas wasn't hurt as bad as Moore?

Edited by esteef

maybe you need to open your eyes and watch the clip you just posted, please tell me how bert beat him while he lay on the ice with the avs players holding him back. Also if you actually watch the clip and stop bantering and riding the bandwagon titled lets hate bert, theres two things here.

1. Cheapshot, yes...uncalled for...yes, but he was fired up in retaliation to the hit moore layed on naslund. If you banned every hockey player who went for a retaliation hit, which was illegal, youd have a lot of banned players

2. He payed for what he did, it was in incident that went horribly wrong

Tootoo is known for cheapshots and he has built his own reputation, putting aside berts one incident, bert makes tootoo look small in every aspect of the word.

Yes I am ******* serious. Bert punched him on the side of the head, and Moore's neck was broken by everyone piling on. Watch it again yourself.

The premise is the same, a player not expecting to get punched in the head got exactly that in both cases. Are you saying Tootoo's is acceptable because Robidas wasn't hurt as bad as Moore?

Bertuzzi punched Moore in the temple for behind as Moore was skating away. Moore had no idea what he was getting into. Robidas was charging full speed at Tootoo with two hands on his stick. Tootoo was the one defending himself. Robidas was the one who was going at Tootoo. Bertuzzi was the one who ATTACKED Moore. Had Moore sensed Bertuzzi attacking him, turned around and knocked Bertuzzi out cold, THEN you could compare the two incidents. Are you the biggest Homer in the world or did you defend Bertuzzi before he was a wing?

I'm not saying what Tootoo did was the right thing, but the two incidents are COMPLETELY different. I highly doubt you will find anyone who agrees with what you are trying to say.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Dude, get a reality check already.

Watch the video replay again.

Please count for me the number of good punches Bertuzzi got on Moore when they hit the ice. "beating him from behind as he lay on the ice"

ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS?

Here's the clip for you since you seem to think he beat on Moore while he was on the ice. Just for the record, I counted ZERO punches thrown after the first cheap shot. ZERO = 0 = NONE = there was no beating on him while he lay on the ice. Get your f***in facts straight already.

Watch this video

Not only does Nichol strike Spacek in the same fashion as Bertuzzi hit Moore, Nichol threw a bare knuckle punch, Bertuzzi still had his glove on at least.

Here's some more dandy video clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa7iXfMz9ds

He's the dirtiest player in the league. Get over it.

... Bertuzzi punching Moore in the back of the head and then beating him from behind as he lay on the ice? Words can't express how ******* stupid that comparison is. Robidas was the one skating at Tootoo, not vice versa. Maybe you need to see Bertuzzi's incident again.

I hope you're joking...beating him as he lay on the ice? let's not exaggerate things now.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Bertuzzi punched Moore in the temple for behind as Moore was skating away. Moore had no idea what he was getting into. Robidas was charging full speed at Tootoo with two hands on his stick. Tootoo was the one defending himself. Robidas was the one who was going at Tootoo. Bertuzzi was the one who ATTACKED Moore. Had Moore sensed Bertuzzi attacking him, turned around and knocked Bertuzzi out cold, THEN you could compare the two incidents. Are you the biggest Homer in the world or did you defend Bertuzzi before he was a wing?

I'm not saying what Tootoo did was the right thing, but the two incidents are COMPLETELY different. I highly doubt you will find anyone who agrees with what you are trying to say.

I guess in Nashville if you are at a bar and somebody looks at you menacingly or walks up to you like they want to start something you go ahead and drill them in the face and ask questions later. yeah, i bet that holds up real well in court.

Try defeding Scott Nichol next homer.

Bertuzzi punched Moore in the temple for behind as Moore was skating away. Moore had no idea what he was getting into.

Moore knew exactly what he was getting into. He had Bertuzzi literally pulling on his jersey trying to get him to fight. Moore turned his back on him and skated away, which was not the smartest thing to do under the circumstances.

BTW, Nichol's sucker punch on Spacek deserves every bit as much condemnation as Bertuzzi's.

See, you're changing your story already. I thought you said Bert punched him "in the back of the head". Now it's the temple? Temple's not in the back of the head, so you're backing off your initial comments already. Bert challenged Moore that whole game, and immediately before Moore skated away like a puss and all this went down. So stop with this Moore had no idea he was coming bulls***. Robidas was cruising in to see what the hell was going on, hardly "charging full speed". Funny how selectively you use adjectives to bolster your story. Tootoo wouldn't even have the sack to challenge somebody, as we've seen...

esteef

Edited by esteef