• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sWINGED

hockey night in canada blasts tootoo

Rate this topic

last night during the 1st intermission of the preds-oiler game, kelly hrudy (god, having a brain fart and can't remember his name) was talking with the glasses dude (again, terrible with names) and made these observations about tootoo:

--there's no place in the nhl for what tootoo does. claims tootoo deliberately tries to hurt people.

--predicted that if tootoo doesn't change his game he will be out of the nhl in a few years.

--said it'd be hard for tootoo to change because of his celebrity status. he's treated like a rock star for doing what he's doing.

anyone else catch that segment? i was like "right on!" they nailed tootoo to the wall and called him out for what he is: an idiot punk.

I didn't see this, but I really hope he stays in the NHL. Those games against Nashville were very exciting for a large part because of him stirring crap up. I'm not for headhunting, but I certainly support his ability to get under players' skins and create a good, physical game, and possibly in Detroit's case, the baby steps to a rivalry.

I was laughing how the No Neck coach on After Hours was saying Tootoo does nothing wrong when he is on the ice. I know he can't say anything bad about his players but it was some of the stuff he was just saying about Tootoo that was completely false.

I didn't see this, but I really hope he stays in the NHL. Those games against Nashville were very exciting for a large part because of him stirring crap up. I'm not for headhunting, but I certainly support his ability to get under players' skins and create a good, physical game, and possibly in Detroit's case, the baby steps to a rivalry.

you mean the ability to piss people off, that's all he does. he has no hockey talent what so ever. and his ability to create a physical game is due to his cheapshots on other players, tootoo one day is going to kill someone or put them in a wheelchair permanently.

I don't see why Tootoo can't fix his game a bit, he didn't head hunt, charge or leave his feet constantly up until this year and some of last. He's always been loved by his fans even when he had a bit of respect for the other players on the ice and didn't seek to completely mock the sport.

Guest Tunbo Batman

Jordin Tootoo : a face only a pred fan could love :P

And if crappy lowblows like his are what would seed a rivalry, then we'd rather not have one :P

I think that the problem with him is his blatent charging that is never called. It is the responsibility of the refs to call the game fairly and objectivly. They need to focus on this specifically. Once he gets a few charging calls and game misconducts, he will have to change or he will end up sitting most of the game because he is too much of a liability against his team.

Who or what exactly would stop Tootoo from continuing his career in the NHL?

Thats what i was thinking as well.

Hitting is part of the game, thats an area Tootoo looks to excel at. Sorry, but theres nothing wrong with that. You dont like it, ban hitting.

Servo has the correct answer here. Tootoo's biggest repeat offense is charging.

Anyway, we just had like a 12 page thread on this topic. I've tried to explain why Tootoo is more than just scum of the earth, and clearly this board is never going to listen to anything of the sort. So expect this to be my one and only post in here.

Thats what i was thinking as well.

Hitting is part of the game, thats an area Tootoo looks to excel at. Sorry, but theres nothing wrong with that. You dont like it, ban hitting.

as the tsn crew said: you check to remove the player from the puck. what tootoo does--skating as fast as he can, leaving his feet, and not knowing where the puck is--is dangerous and cheap. they used the charge he took at schneider as example A.

really, if anyone doesn't fully understand the difference between clean hitting and what tootoo does, he/she probably doesn't know much about hockey. not a dig, just reality.

I don't see why Tootoo can't fix his game a bit, he didn't head hunt, charge or leave his feet constantly up until this year and some of last. He's always been loved by his fans even when he had a bit of respect for the other players on the ice and didn't seek to completely mock the sport.

and he wasn't a celebrity before when he was playing clean. see the point about how hard it's going to be for him to change? his noteriety is because he's become a head-hunting, out-of-control goon.

he's a prisoner to it now.

and to answer the above questions: 1) he'll either do more harm than good for his team and take stupid penalties and, because he has zero talent, they'll cut him 2) he'll do something stupid and get banned or suspended for a chunk of time and come back and be a shell of himself 3) someone will end his career in kind with a cheapshot.

that's how i interpreted the "he won't be in the nhl in five years if he doesn't change."

no, the hotstove segment isn't the one i'm talking about. it was that guy with the glasses and that former player they have who does commentary--the guy with the straight, brown hair...could have swore his name is kelly something (*edit: kelly hrudey)

Edited by sWINGED

except for his "punk" skills Tootoo has few NHL-level abilities to bring to his team. and if he finds his Scott Stevens

who injures him for some period and makes him later s*** his pants before doing any dirty crap - Tootoo is

gone.

the little pest is pretty much working for this.

Servo has the correct answer here. Tootoo's biggest repeat offense is charging.

Anyway, we just had like a 12 page thread on this topic. I've tried to explain why Tootoo is more than just scum of the earth, and clearly this board is never going to listen to anything of the sort. So expect this to be my one and only post in here.

the point of this thread is that others in the media--including the hockey night in canada crew (pretty knowledgable about the game--more so than anyone living in nashville, i'd wager) think tootoo tries to recklessly hurt people and is danger of playing himself right out of the league.

yeah, we get it: you don't think so. too bad, so sad.

if another player somday ends tootoo's career, know what the media is going to say? yeah, they'll of course act all shock and horrified that it happened--but they'll in the same breath say (in so many words) that tootoo dug his own grave.

those who live by the sword, die by it. there's a vast difference between a hard-nosed player and getting under the skin of an opponent and what tootoo does. again, i wouldn't expect people in nashville to understand that in any sort of historical hockey context.

Edited by sWINGED

and he wasn't a celebrity before when he was playing clean. see the point about how hard it's going to be for him to change? his noteriety is because he's become a head-hunting, out-of-control goon.

he's a prisoner to it now.

and to answer the above questions: 1) he'll either do more harm than good for his team and take stupid penalties and, because he has zero talent, they'll cut him 2) he'll do something stupid and get banned or suspended for a chunk of time and come back and be a shell of himself 3) someone will end his career in kind with a cheapshot.

that's how i interpreted the "he won't be in the nhl in five years if he doesn't change."

I said I wouldn't post again, but unfortunately there's morons like you.

Go find any fan of the Brandon Wheat Kings to see if Tootoo was popular when he played a "clean" game.

He can EASILY change if he's put in the right position. As of now he's playing a 4th line agitator role and excelling at it. for a few weeks last season, due to injuries, he was bumped up to the top line playing with Kariya. Nothing dirty or anything, he played a scoring role and actually did well. I think he he were on a team that rolled 3 scoring lines, and he was put on the third line and told "score, don't agitate" then he would be able to do it in a heartbeat and enjoy the heck out of it.

Everyone saying how out of control he is, obviously hasn't been paying attention for the last 3 years, because he has consistantly improved his game since he came into the league. He is a smarter player, he's taking fewer penalties, picking his spots better and drawing a lot more penalties. So anyone saying his play hurts the team doesn't have a clue because he puts us on the power play a lot more than the penalty kill.

And I LOL at the people saying "he'll be out of the league in 5 years" to say that he's not good enough to stick around. if he lasts another 5 years, that'll be 8 seasons. Do you know how many players don't last 8 seasons?

Sorry if people think i'm being a homer, but i'm just telling it like I see it.

His broken neck, which will have resulted from someone being so pissed at him because of his constant charges and running at players.

Go find any fan of the Brandon Wheat Kings to see if Tootoo was popular when he played a "clean" game.

He can EASILY change if he's put in the right position. As of now he's playing a 4th line agitator role and excelling at it. for a few weeks last season, due to injuries, he was bumped up to the top line playing with Kariya. Nothing dirty or anything, he played a scoring role and actually did well. I think he he were on a team that rolled 3 scoring lines, and he was put on the third line and told "score, don't agitate" then he would be able to do it in a heartbeat and enjoy the heck out of it.

Everyone saying how out of control he is, obviously hasn't been paying attention for the last 3 years, because he has consistantly improved his game since he came into the league. He is a smarter player, he's taking fewer penalties, picking his spots better and drawing a lot more penalties. So anyone saying his play hurts the team doesn't have a clue because he puts us on the power play a lot more than the penalty kill.

And I LOL at the people saying "he'll be out of the league in 5 years" to say that he's not good enough to stick around. if he lasts another 5 years, that'll be 8 seasons. Do you know how many players don't last 8 seasons?

you're a dirty dirty preds fan (but still an intelligent hockey fan so i'll give you that ;)

but i agree with you on this point, if tootoo was a wing, he'd be the most popular guy on this team. Now i'm sure someone is going to try and dispute that, but we all know ti's true

played a scoring role?! his awesome stats this year: 3 goals, 4 assists. period. that's it.

in one sentence you're saying he CAN change (meaning he HASN'T) and in the next sentence you're saying that he's "improved his game each year he's been in the league." Really?! and no poster here was the first one to bring up the fact tootoo has to change his game or "be out of the league in 5 years." your beef is with the hockey night in canada crew, in particular kelly hrudey. who, unlike you, is NOT a flaming preds homer.

you've been owned repeatedly. stay down on the mat. move on. dial up some funky country music tonight and sleep it off.

that's your tip of the day.

Edited by sWINGED

Tootoo's MO is "make a beeline for a guy from across the rink and leap into him at the last moment." I swear he charges at guys two or three times a game and players are barely dodging getting their heads taken off. Tootoo is why charges should A.) be called more consistently and B.) be called even if the offending player misses, just like slashing.

Wow, Tootoo is a -12. Nobody on the Preds is especially close. 32 players have played for the Predators this season, according to Yahoo, and only 5 of them are minus for the season.

shhh: tootoo has improved every year he's been in the league and he's a huge assest to the preds!!!! :D

Edited by sWINGED

played a scoring role?! his awesome stats this year: 3 goals, 4 assists. period. that's it.

did you read what I said?

LAST SEASON, he played TWO WEEKS on a scoring line. notice that he posted 10 points in only 34 games. At that rate this season he'd have 20-25 points.

Read further and I said he would be good on a THIRD LINE. 20-25 points. thats along the same lines as Hudler, Draper, Franzen, Williams. Are you going to rip these guys for their awesome stats?

as for his stats this season... again, READ. I think I said he's playing a 4th line agitator role. Not exactly the position to be scoring from.

You sit here and talk about how i've been "owned" and how I must not know anything about hockey, and then make jokes to say that he's not a valuable asset to the Preds. How funny...