• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sWINGED

hockey night in canada blasts tootoo

Rate this topic

After watching the Wings and Preds recently and seeing Tootoo run at people the way he does he leaves his feet alot in the past wasnt that considred charging, the problem is until some goon or enforcer cleans his clock realy good he will continue to take his cheap shots

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Bertuzzi punched Moore in the temple for behind as Moore was skating away. Moore had no idea what he was getting into. Robidas was charging full speed at Tootoo with two hands on his stick. Tootoo was the one defending himself. Robidas was the one who was going at Tootoo. Bertuzzi was the one who ATTACKED Moore. Had Moore sensed Bertuzzi attacking him, turned around and knocked Bertuzzi out cold, THEN you could compare the two incidents. Are you the biggest Homer in the world or did you defend Bertuzzi before he was a wing?

I'm not saying what Tootoo did was the right thing, but the two incidents are COMPLETELY different. I highly doubt you will find anyone who agrees with what you are trying to say.

Man, this entire thing just blows right over your head doesn't it.

I hope you realize that most folks here aren't homers when it comes to Todd Bertuzzi and what he did. Most folks see what Bertuzzi did for what it was, a hockey cheap shot that had unfortunate results. Most fans here (unlike Nashville i'm guessing) have seen enough hockey cheap shots to realize that this was just another in a long line of such acts perpetrated during games. We've never condoned it and we still don't condone it. We all are in 100% agreement that it was a cheap shot and we are not for cheap shots.

What we're saying is a cheap shot is a cheap shot no matter if the guy is looking at you, skating away from you, sitting on the bench or taking a dump, if you punch somebody in the face in a hockey game who doesn't suspect its coming, its a cheap shot. Its a very simple concept and I know you are very simple people so you should be able to grasp that.

We aren't defending Bertuzzi, we're likening Tootoo and Nichol to Bertuzzi because they did the same thing. We're not exonerating our guy.

On the other hand you are trying to clear your guy and using Bertuzzi as an example.

Face it, Bertuzzi is not the guy whose name comes up when you ask people who the dirtiest player is in hockey.

The answer isn't Chelios and it ain't Sean Avery anymore either. And unfortunately Bryan Marchment and Ulf Samuelsson don't play any more.

Jordin Tootoo = Inuit and dirtiest player in hockey.

you're wasting your time ppl, to respond to a guy who starts evey single post with a sentece containing "*******" and continues in such tone. neither he wants to hear any counterarguments, nor your work is necessary.

leave it. ignore feature does a much better job. you won't heal the world this way

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Bertuzzi punched Moore in the temple for behind as Moore was skating away. Moore had no idea what he was getting into. Robidas was charging full speed at Tootoo with two hands on his stick. Tootoo was the one defending himself. Robidas was the one who was going at Tootoo. Bertuzzi was the one who ATTACKED Moore. Had Moore sensed Bertuzzi attacking him, turned around and knocked Bertuzzi out cold, THEN you could compare the two incidents. Are you the biggest Homer in the world or did you defend Bertuzzi before he was a wing?

I'm not saying what Tootoo did was the right thing, but the two incidents are COMPLETELY different. I highly doubt you will find anyone who agrees with what you are trying to say.

Hey Monkey, here's a simple scenario for you to wrap your head around.

Robidas is cruising in, charging in, bull rushing in, going so fast at Tootoo he's about to go back in time in a Delorian just ready to smash Tootoo into the boards and destroy him.

Okay, so we've established that Robidas is coming in to drill Tootoo.

Now answer me this, how many times has Jordin Tootoo gone full bore, full speed, 5-6-7 strides at a player to crush them? How many of those times was Tootoo drilled with a punch to the face that knocked him out cold?

You say it yourself, Robidas was going in to lay a hit on Jordin. Its right there in the video. Robidas isn't swinging his stick like McSorely, he's not brandishing it like a two-handed sword, he hasn't dropped his gloves and helmet, he's showing no indication of anything perhaps the intent to check Tootoo.

Tootoo has intended and succeeded in hitting lots of people and I can't find one clip of the players who got hit, rearing back and throwing a haymaker to Jordin's face. Can you help me find one?

I mean, from your point of view it would be okay for any of the players Jordin hit to punch him before he got there because they were simply defending themselves just like Tootoo was against Robidas.

Cheap shots in hockey in every game there are but most players as a whole know were to draw the line some dont care some just plan dont respect the other players this is were Tootoo falls into place Mcsorley and Bert happened in a game were emotions were running high but what lead up to those incidents Tooto is the incident that will cause that to happen again

:lol: I "highly doubt" you're actually reading the responses in this thread then.

could someone fetch some Heinekens and pop-corn so we could all share the fun of watching "this"? :)

I mean... it's getting really funny :D

I mean, from your point of view it would be okay for any of the players Jordin hit to punch him before he got there because they were simply defending themselves just like Tootoo was against Robidas.

:clap: There you go, trying to apply logic again...now you've thrown him!

His broken neck, which will have resulted from someone being so pissed at him because of his constant charges and running at players.

No, the NHL has effectively put an end to players policing the game. Someone might be able to beat him to the ice temporarily, but nobody will be able to stop him from doing what he does in the long run.

Robidas was cruising in to see what the hell was going on, hardly "charging full speed".

Yea. You're right. I'm sure Robidas was just going to ask Tootoo what was going on. "Hey, man. Did you just check Modano? Oh ok....cool. Yea...that's what I thought. OK...see you later."

And yes, Nichol did the same thing. And it was just as bad as Bertuzzi's incident. Both Spacek and Moore should have been facing their attackers, but they weren't. Just because someone doesn't face you like a man, you still don't have the right to blindside them from behind. I'll bet you that neither Spacek nor Moore had any idea that they were about to be clocked from behind.

I really don't know why you're so upset. I'm not condoning what Tootoo did. I'm just saying that you cannot compare the two incidents because the roles of the attackers were completely reversed.

you know what I would like to see is when Tootoo takes a cheap at some one thet turn around and pound his little but into the ice

And I would bet that happens very soon. And he will probably deserve every punch he takes as well.

Yea. You're right. I'm sure Robidas was just going to ask Tootoo what was going on. "Hey, man. Did you just check Modano? Oh ok....cool. Yea...that's what I thought. OK...see you later."

And yes, Nichol did the same thing. And it was just as bad as Bertuzzi's incident. Both Spacek and Moore should have been facing their attackers, but they weren't. Just because someone doesn't face you like a man, you still don't have the right to blindside them from behind. I'll bet you that neither Spacek nor Moore had any idea that they were about to be clocked from behind.

I really don't know why you're so upset. I'm not condoning what Tootoo did. I'm just saying that you cannot compare the two incidents because the roles of the attackers were completely reversed.

you cant compare bert and tootoo period. Bert shrinks tootoo to an unimportant ******...oh and if moore didnt know that something was up, hes retarded, cause bert was pulling his jersey for a good 45 seconds before he threw the punch

Yes I do agree on that hopefully the NHL will put a stop to it io not teams will not have a no choice but to start getting enforcers in there lineups just to keep players like that in check alittle more(another case of thanks Bettman)

I did not catch the play that sparked this, Was Tootoo running at everybody during the game ? if so maybe this player decided it was time for payback weathetr it was right or wrong the plan fact is that Tootoo is a cheap shot artest and takes to many liberties on other teams star players and is never held accountable for his actions :!:We need oldtime hockey back

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

I did not catch the play that sparked this, Was Tootoo running at everybody during the game ? if so maybe this player decided it was time for payback weathetr it was right or wrong the plan fact is that Tootoo is a cheap shot artest and takes to many liberties on other teams star players and is never held accountable for his actions :!:We need oldtime hockey back

Tootoo laid a clean check on Modano and as Tootoo was getting up, Robidas was charging towards him. The puck was now at the other end of the ice. Tootoo sensed that he was about to get hit by a freight train, and he instinctively threw a punch. Robidas never saw it coming and was out cold for a good while.

Just thought i would add this for a little entertainment :P

LOL :lol:

Tootoo laid a clean check on Modano and as Tootoo was getting up, Robidas was charging towards him. The puck was now at the other end of the ice. Tootoo sensed that he was about to get hit by a freight train, and he instinctively threw a punch. Robidas never saw it coming and was out cold for a good while.

I don't know about you, but if someone is coming after me, my first instinct would be to move out of the way, not K.O the guy

And I would bet that happens very soon. And he will probably deserve every punch he takes as well.

I know I'm right. The confrontation between Robidas and Tootoo wouldn't have been as casual as you make it in your ridiculous example above, but there would've been some pushing and shoving and maybe, if Tootoo wasn't such a cheap little *****, the gloves would've been dropped. But think whatever you want...

I'm not upset at all, see I can discuss issues with people who differ in opinion without lacing my comments with personal comments and jabs at people, unlike you.

As Gordie said above, Bert's punch was cheap, there's no denying that, and no one here is saying that it's not. (And yes I defended him even when he was still a Canuck). I really don't have a problem with Tootoo other than the cheap s*** he gets away with, until now of course.

esteef

Did Madono have the puck if he did thst is rare for Tootoo to go after a puck carrier maybe Robdias thought it was a cheap shot at Madono its not the first time that this has happened in the NHL and it sure will not be the last (Tootoo blows)

Tootoo skated twenty feet for that hit. The check didn't look bad, but he skated twenty feet--so hello?

And yeah, of course you sucker punch people when they're coming at you. Why take the hit, come back, and fight? Surely throwing a punch at somebody from the get go's muuuuuuuuuuch better. Tootoo is definitely a victim... who expects retribution after running a star player?

Silly thought, I know!

I know I'm right. The confrontation between Robidas and Tootoo wouldn't have been as casual as you make it in your ridiculous example above, but there would've been some pushing and shoving and maybe, if Tootoo wasn't such a cheap little *****, the gloves would've been dropped. But think whatever you want...

I'm not upset at all, see I can discuss issues with people who differ in opinion without lacing my comments with personal comments and jabs at people, unlike you.

As Gordie said above, Bert's punch was cheap, there's no denying that, and no one here is saying that it's not. (And yes I defended him even when he was still a Canuck). I really don't have a problem with Tootoo other than the cheap s*** he gets away with, until now of course.

esteef

What "personal comment and jabs" have I made at people, other than asking if someone was a homer? I believe I was the one who was accused of "bending my sister" over last night. But whatever.

IPB Image