125 replies to this topic

#121 hawkupaloogie

hawkupaloogie

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(ProudestMonkey @ March 26, 2007 - 04:54PM) View Post
OH and did anyone see the University of Alabama-Huntsville / Notre Dame game? That was crazy! It's pretty amazing to see a team from ALABAMA in the Frozen Four tournament! And for them to lose 3-2 in Double OT to a top seeded team is pretty incredible!

i wasn't able to watch, but i was following it on game tracker. nuts. anyway, just for your info, alabama didn't make the frozen four (nor did notre dame). that little moniker is reserved for the last four teams in the ncaa d1 tourney. this year, it's maine, michigan state, boston college and north dakota. alabama made the tourney because the team that wins its division gets an automatic bid. the cha is considered the weakest division, behind the wcha, hockey east, ccha, ecachl, and atlantic hockey. it was still cool to see alabama take their division, though. typically bemidji or niagra win. good to see some fresh blood. if you're interested in college hockey, i suggest uscho.com for the best info. be careful on the forum, though, most posters don't take kindly to newbies.
IPB Image

#122 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

how did this thread turn into peaceful hockey discussion? tongue.gif

that is NOT what message boards were intended for.
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#123 ProudestMonkey

ProudestMonkey

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(hawkupaloogie @ March 26, 2007 - 07:31PM) View Post

i wasn't able to watch, but i was following it on game tracker. nuts. anyway, just for your info, alabama didn't make the frozen four (nor did notre dame). that little moniker is reserved for the last four teams in the ncaa d1 tourney. this year, it's maine, michigan state, boston college and north dakota. alabama made the tourney because the team that wins its division gets an automatic bid. the cha is considered the weakest division, behind the wcha, hockey east, ccha, ecachl, and atlantic hockey. it was still cool to see alabama take their division, though. typically bemidji or niagra win. good to see some fresh blood. if you're interested in college hockey, i suggest uscho.com for the best info. be careful on the forum, though, most posters don't take kindly to newbies.

Yea I understand the terminology. It's the same for the NCAA basketball tournament. I just find myself sometimes referring to both as Final Four/Frozen Four tournaments. I'm no newbie to College Hockey though. I've followed Maine and Cornell since I was little and now Wisconsin since Blake Geoffrion grew up playing in the same league as me.

#124 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(ProudestMonkey @ March 26, 2007 - 09:56PM) View Post

Yea I understand the terminology. It's the same for the NCAA basketball tournament. I just find myself sometimes referring to both as Final Four/Frozen Four tournaments. I'm no newbie to College Hockey though. I've followed Maine and Cornell since I was little and now Wisconsin since Blake Geoffrion grew up playing in the same league as me.

tied at 103 going into the game....bring it on predsssssss sly.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#125 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ March 25, 2007 - 08:23PM) View Post

Tootoo probably would be a fan favorite here. And we'd all be homers not realizing that what he does is usually dirty.

But thats just me. Im old fashion and prefer to see the guys square up the way they used to.
And then they should dig up some of Maltbys junior records as a 50 goal scorer! What a fun time that would be!
That being said, tootoo has more talent than a lot of enforcers/agitators.

I don't know what you're trying to say, Maltby has definately had a role in his career and has played a lot of games in the league

#126 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

some of you definitely need to chill out lol tongue.gif