• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Join the Red Wave

Rate this topic

*shrugs*

I like it primarily because it is going to promote some fan 'participation', since we've kind of been lacking lately with our spoiled-nessesess.

I was at the St. Louis game yesterday and the crowd was really into it and riled up. When the wave hit the stands, people were having a blast with it. And when it REALLY got going, it was pretty neat to see inside the Joe. It seemed like it really kicked the fans into an extra gear.

So if this is their intention, with some sort of "everyone wear red", or alternating red/white sections or something and a huge wave going around every game...

I would like it a lot.

PS - ENOUGH WITH THE TOWELS!

*shrugs*

I like it primarily because it is going to promote some fan 'participation', since we've kind of been lacking lately with our spoiled-nessesess.

I was at the St. Louis game yesterday and the crowd was really into it and riled up. When the wave hit the stands, people were having a blast with it. And when it REALLY got going, it was pretty neat to see inside the Joe. It seemed like it really kicked the fans into an extra gear.

So if this is their intention, with some sort of "everyone wear red", or alternating red/white sections or something and a huge wave going around every game...

I would like it a lot.

PS - ENOUGH WITH THE TOWELS!

I was at the game yesterday and I can honestly say I've never done the wave at a Red Wing game, so that was cool. The crowd was really into the game, which was really nice to see. That said, "Join the Red Wave" is incredibly cheezy/dorky/dumb pick you're word. Oh well, I guess the Illitch's can try to get creative with this one.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

The best playoff slogan the Red Wings ever had came in 2002, it wasn't drawn up by some marketing team, and it never manifested itself on t-shirts. No slogan has ever had a bigger impact, and it began with a simple whiteboard in the locker room and the determination of one Fredrick Olussen, "Whatever It Takes". We were down 3-2 going into Colorado for game 6 and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. That year the Wings did to whatever it took to win, and it's that attitude that each and every team needs to posses in order to take home Lord Stanley's Cup. So while we as fan's will be sitting in the stands and in front of our television's supporting our team by adopting the "Red Wave", I believe that our team will have their own slogan and that they will be doing "Whatever It Takes" to once again bring home “Stanley†and restore the mantel to HockeyTown!!!

"Whatever It Takes" was not a playoff slogan for the wings. The slogan that year was "Let'em see Red" and they dropped the slogan in the cup finals because Carolina also wears red.

I'm pretty sure "Whatever It Takes" was the slogan in 97 or 98. I think it was 98.

Previous playoff slogans.

Paint the Town Red (1994)

A Call to Arms (1995)

I Want Stanley (1996)

Get Up!! (1997)

Raise Your Hands (1998)

Are You Ready (1999)

Bring It On Home (2000)

Get Your Red On (2001)

Let Em See Red! (2002)

Red Storm Rising (2003)

Turn on the Red Light (2004)

Bring It! (2006)

Well at least these two have potential to be turned around into something humerous if things dont go well. Like if the Sabres run into a hot goalie and are scoring one goal a game, or Vancouver's got the obvious "Throw in the towel" if they're getting trounced!

:lol: That is pretty funny.

Yeah I would have to agree with you, its probably the best of what we heard so far.

They all seem pretty lame in my opinion though, do these people have any brains who come up with these slogans? :unsure::P

join the red wave? :lol: when we where young teenagers and my sister was all pissy from the monthly visiter... we would say she was surfing the crimson or red wave... this is re-god-damn-diculouse!

The best playoff slogan the Red Wings ever had came in 2002, it wasn't drawn up by some marketing team, and it never manifested itself on t-shirts. No slogan has ever had a bigger impact, and it began with a simple whiteboard in the locker room and the determination of one Fredrick Olussen, "Whatever It Takes". We were down 3-2 going into Colorado for game 6 and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. That year the Wings did to whatever it took to win, and it's that attitude that each and every team needs to posses in order to take home Lord Stanley's Cup. So while we as fan's will be sitting in the stands and in front of our television's supporting our team by adopting the "Red Wave", I believe that our team will have their own slogan and that they will be doing "Whatever It Takes" to once again bring home “Stanley†and restore the mantel to HockeyTown!!!

carolina used the same slogan last year when they won the cup

One team, one goal is pretty good. At least it has to do with the game of hockey.

If I were the Preds management, I wouldnt have chosen "Live it up" with the media speculation about how they might be moved. Its almost like saying "Live It Up" Preds fans, because you might not have a team next year!

...and, naturally, Join the Red Wave is as lame as they come.

join the red wave? :lol: when we where young teenagers and my sister was all pissy from the monthly visiter... we would say she was surfing the crimson or red wave... this is re-god-damn-diculouse!

Hormonal woman are UNSTOPPABLE!!

the cup is as good as ours

"Whatever It Takes" was not a playoff slogan for the wings. The slogan that year was "Let'em see Red" and they dropped the slogan in the cup finals because Carolina also wears red.

I think the poster was saying "Whatever It Takes" was kind of an unofficial playoff slogan that the players had for themselves.

I had "Let 'Em See Red" in my email signature back in 2002...when we got to the Cup finals, I changed it to "Let 'Em See the ORIGINAL Red!" because I didn't want the hockey gods to think I wanted Carolina to win...lol

I think the poster was saying "Whatever It Takes" was kind of an unofficial playoff slogan that the players had for themselves.

I had "Let 'Em See Red" in my email signature back in 2002...when we got to the Cup finals, I changed it to "Let 'Em See the ORIGINAL Red!" because I didn't want the hockey gods to think I wanted Carolina to win...lol

I remember playing the scorpions "Rock you like a Hurricane" before the start of every game that year and then stopped playing it during the cup finals

people actually think that "Live it up" is decent? wow. I think it's pretty horrible.

It's better than, "I like it, I love it...." hahaha

Ha ha, yeah, this is a BAD slogan.

How about "Don't Suck" or take one from Kid Rock "In it to win it like Yzerman" :D

I really hate most of our slogans. I thought 'Bring it' last year was actually pretty good...though...we didn't...you know, bring it.

Ha ha, yeah, this is a BAD slogan.

How about "Don't Suck" or take one from Kid Rock "In it to win it like Yzerman" :D

I really hate most of our slogans. I thought 'Bring it' last year was actually pretty good...though...we didn't...you know, bring it.

i think it was a taunt for others to bring it...and well...edmonton did :huh:<_<