• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is the man!!

How far the Wings are going to go in the playoffs?

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

We lose every game left in the regular season, stumbling into the playoffs.

Then, once the playoffs start, we go 16-0 and win the Cup.

As recent years have shown us, a hot goalie even on the worst of teams can destroy us ... so it is gunna depend. And it is also going to depend on our health status... obviously a full lineup is essential ... Zetterberg above all must be back. And we have to have our lines with our new additions clicking. If we can settle everyone in and find an appropriate fit for everyone I really think we can do some damage.

West Coast..shmest coast! WHO CARES! I don't fear any teams anymore. I have learned it is better not to!

I feared the Oilers last year before I knew they were even facing the Wings and look what happened.

Do not fear teams. And don't pick who you want to face either.

If the Wings get all lines rolling, play physical, and if Dom plays great then other teams need to watch the hell out!

I said fear way too many times. :lol:

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

West Coast..shmest coast! WHO CARES! I don't fear any teams anymore. I have learned it is better not to!

I feared the Oilers last year before I knew they were even facing the Wings and look what happened.

If the Wings get all lines rolling, play physical, and if Dom plays great then other teams need to watch the hell out!

I take the same aprroach as you. Don't show fear, and don't say who you want to play. Just play, win, and bring Stanley home! :siren:

Anything can happen. To make some noise Zetterberg needs to be healthy and playing at a level close to how he was before the injury. The additions of Calder and Bertuzzi will pay off if they can both get on their games. The forwards have more size and propensity to muck it out in the corners than last year. The Wings also have more guys who haven't won a Cup.

I beleive our biggest weakness will be our defense. There is not one guy who can physically punish forwards consistently nor is there someone who can clear the crease. Even Lidstrom has looked tired recently. Good team defense will be absolutely key. Fortuantely, the Wings have played good team defense all year. Hasek is going to need to be very good. The defense (Schneider and Kronwall mainly) must limit mental lapses that killed us in the playoffs last year. It's good that Williams is gone. It's also good that Draper isn't in the top six like he was last year.

Overall, I think this team is better prepared for the playoffs than they were last year. Datsyuk and Zetterberg have both matured. Datsyuk has become a much more complete player and I'm hoping he doesn't put up a goose egg in the playoffs this year. I don't think he will. Zetterberg has matured into one of the best forwards in the NHL. Calder and Bertuzzi are the type of guys that will wear the opposing defense down. It seems like this forward core has more ability to adjust than last year's. Like Babcock has said all, they are harder to play against.

Edited by ARice89

everything depends on the 1st round matchup. and I'd not dare to make any guesses now when it's uncertain whom we could play.

if we meet Dallas, Dives (just for the "history" factor) we can have a strong run

Flames may be more difficult to beat.

Minny is a wildcard. Backstrom looks real and they play a system we're not exactly strong against. but... they're first time here and this could favor us

Sharks are a big risk for Wings. they may blow but may also bubble. very difficult to predict. skillwise they'll be a huge obstacle

Canucks - they'll beat us in 5 games if we don't miraculously find our PP. Luongo will be a horror in this playoffs IMHO

truth being said, except for Dallas with Marty Turco there's no team in the West that Detroit can easily beat. and with Stars I'm not even so sure (they stil have Barry who can play high level)

We lose every game left in the regular season, stumbling into the playoffs.

Then, once the playoffs start, we go 16-0 and win the Cup.

Here's hoping!!

On a side note, great avatar. :lol::lol::lol:

All the previous years ... i always feared teams always hoped to play a weaker team ... so now i came up with a new way to think this year DONT FEAR THEM LET THEM FEAR US

Edited by KrazyGangsta

ideally id want the Wings to play the stars in the first round.

i think the worst case would be the Wings playing the nucks.

first round could be a big one this time around.

Edited by kylee

:siren: post of the day. couldnt have put it any better

if we keep playing the way we are now, we wont last too long and if we dont last too long that means datsyuk most likely didnt do much and will be gone ...obviously im going for us to win the cup but if we lose the only postive to me , personally is babcock is most likely gone as well ........i dont really care for him

i've seen this team do alot of thing this year, we could win it all,.....the oil last year did squat until they got rollie and samsonov. It's all about teams ketching fire at the right time. As i remember correctly the oilers also stumbled into the playoffs barling making it.

This team is vastly different then last years, will see what happnes

We should make the conference finals.

Beyond that, it's luck, form of the day, A+ goaltending and a coach who keeps his cool and knows how to motivate his man from day-to-day.

[edit:spelling]

Edited by interminded

Guest Crymson

To those of you who are predicting a series loss anywhere along the way: why even bother watching?