• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is the man!!

How far the Wings are going to go in the playoffs?

Rate this topic

Oh, what's all this positive talk about...

Doesn't anyone else want to go just one more year, setting a goalie on scotching-hot fire with enough steam to send him to the finals? What do you say, team, first round exit to Luongo or Kipper? :D

Haha. I jest. I am really excited to see what we can do this year, especially now that we've got a little bit o' grit in our teeth.

The Cup is there for anyone who is healthy and hungry enough to take it.

I hope that's us this year!

Exactly.

To those of you who are predicting a series loss anywhere along the way: why even bother watching?

Yeah for real. There's no point IMO. I can't stand when people predict their team to fall apart and yet still cheer like crazy and watch. I'm not sayin we should all be homers and bias, but if you are EXPECTING your team to fail then don't bother wasting your time watching, peeps.

I think the reason some of us get upset over those predicting doom and gloom is because we know that ANYTHING can happen in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. That's the fun and exciting part of it. Making a prediction that they'll lose takes absolutely everything away from it. No one knows how far the Wings will go. They'll decide that. They can go on one hell of a tear and win it all. Would that really be a shock to some of you? I know I wouldn't be. They are a fantastic team. They just have to get their four lines rolling, play gritty/tough, get great goaltending, and most importantly stay healthy. This team can go very far. They can win it all. Then again they may not. THAT is what makes the NHL so exciting. It's anyones game. Everyone has a chance to win it all, so to say the Wings won't go far or that they'll be knocked out if they face certain teams is a bit foolish.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Exactly.

Yeah for real. There's no point IMO. I can't stand when people predict their team to fall apart and yet still cheer like crazy and watch. I'm not sayin we should all be homers and bias, but if you are EXPECTING your team to fail then don't bother wasting your time watching, peeps.

I don't agree.

Even if the Wings weren't making the playoffs I'd still watch and cheer like crazy because I love the team. I mean, I'm not going to predict failure, and I'm cautious to predict success (being superstitious at all) but I'm definitely optimistic about this team. I think any team can win it. But I also know that only 1 of 30 teams DO win it every year. There are lots of good teams out there, and I've seen it too many times that one bump along the way will knock you out.

So, while I do like to see optimism, I can totally understand why someone who thinks we are going to maybe not do so well, can still cheer the team. Anywho, maybe it's their way of an anti-jinx.

8 teams will exit in round 1. Sure everyone WANTS their team to go on, but the odds are against all but 1. Personally, I think the Wings have what it takes, but even so...anything could happen...injuries, hot goaltending, etc. and even the best laid plans go awry.

I'm willing to bet that there's doubt in everyone's mind as to whether we'll get past round 1, it just depends on who admits it or not (if not why'd I see all these '1 round is not enough avatars' ha ha).

But do be positive folks, either way we have a great team :thumbup: that's always been my biggest problem as a Red Wing fan. Sure, I want to win the Cup, but I can ACKNOWLEDGE that we have a good team whether or not we win every year. WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM!

Exactly.

i dont agree either, it seems like crymson was saying that if you think the wings will lose along the way theres no point being here, and thats completely wrong because even if you know your team might lose you still cheer them on

Example edmonton...you dont think it was a daunting task for them to root their team on against a powerhouse regular season team like the wings last year? They stuck with it and look what happend..

Dont lose hope guys :thumbup:

I think I totally screwed up on what I was trying to get across.

I don't think it's wrong at all to watch even if you don't see them going far. I just don't think it's right to predict they'll lose before it even starts only because once it starts they can absolutely go on tear, or it can be vice versa. I too would watch the Wings no matter what. They could go 0-82 and I'd still be a huge Wings fan and support them no matter what. I poorly worded everything wrong. :(

I don't think it's wrong at all to watch even if you don't see them going far. I just don't think it's right to predict they'll lose before it even starts only because once it starts they can absolutely go on tear, or it can be vice versa. I too would watch the Wings no matter what. They could go 0-82 and I'd still be a huge Wings fan and support them no matter what. I poorly worded everything wrong. :(

no its ok, i think i knew what you were trying to say, its was crymson said that i truly disagreed with, im not questioning your loyalty one bit, dont worry ;)

Ha Ha, I know you'd still love them.

They would go 0-82 and every game you'd be like, "They can win it!!!! sakdfkdjfkwsdjh~!"

But, I get that hopeless negativism gets you nowhere...though, this thread is sort of a trap that way isn't it? You're either a homer or a downer...right?

I won't go either way, because I think it's a jinx to predict a good turnout, and a bummer to predict a bad turnout.

Ha Ha, I know you'd still love them.

They would go 0-82 and every game you'd be like, "They can win it!!!! sakdfkdjfkwsdjh~!"

But, I get that hopeless negativism gets you nowhere...though, this thread is sort of a trap that way isn't it? You're either a homer or a downer...right?

I won't go either way, because I think it's a jinx to predict a good turnout, and a bummer to predict a bad turnout.

Yeah you're definitely right. See usually I'd be all 'Ohh I don't want to face SJ or the Ducks' but I just don't care anymore. We play who we play and that's that. If they are meant to win and beat them then they will. I don't feel the need to pick who I'd want the Wings to face, nor do I feel the need to get scared of any team anymore. I'm going to be excited regardless and it's going to be a blast! The best part is not knowing what's going to happen. I just like to be extremely positive. Which isn't a good thing all the time..

no its ok, i think i knew what you were trying to say, its was crymson said that i truly disagreed with, im not questioning your loyalty one bit, dont worry ;)

Thank you kind sir! :P

This is easy: I posit that the chances of the Red Wings winning the Stanley Cup are equally likely and unlikely.

BAM! Heroes > Thread.

Ha ha, well there you go :)

Yeah you're definitely right. See usually I'd be all 'Ohh I don't want to face SJ or the Ducks' but I just don't care anymore. We play who we play and that's that. If they are meant to win and beat them then they will. I don't feel the need to pick who I'd want the Wings to face, nor do I feel the need to get scared of any team anymore. I'm going to be excited regardless and it's going to be a blast! The best part is not knowing what's going to happen. I just like to be extremely positive. Which isn't a good thing all the time..

Thank you kind sir! :P

Exactly. The Wings can beat anybody...the other team doesn't worry me. What worries me is if the Wings beat themselves. I know they are capable of crushing any opponent at their will, they just have to go out and do it. I have faith that that will play to the best of their abilities and it will be some VERY entertaining hockey. And if they go down, I'll be okay as long as they gave it their all.

Ha ha, well there you go :)

The Wings can beat anybody...the other team doesn't worry me. What worries me is if the Wings beat themselves.

That right there is probably the must TRUE statement regarding the Wings I have ever heard. You are exactly right. The opponents don't beat up the Wings, they beat up themselves. I think I want this in my sig or something?! Quote of the year. lol

The Wings chances are hard to pin down right now. They haven't played well lately. But potentially, i.e. if Hank comes back and can regain his conditioning, the Wings could perhaps do some damage. Their five-on-five play is much better this year: we all know the officiating is much looser in the playoffs. The wings are a "we've got the puck" kind of team so having both Pavel and Drapes in the top ten in faceoff win % is important. Hasek and Ozzie can get it done, especially if we can give them goal support. Having Calder and especially Bertuzzi is huge. The way I think we could beat the Nucks, for example, is having Bertuzzi being a multi-faceted threat. First of all, Bert's got great skill: he can score all by himself. He's also big. I've seen Luongo actually looking over top of Homer's head when he's in front. That won't work with Bert. Todd B. can drive to the net on the rush, from behind the net, the corners, anywhere. He can also screen goalies in any of those situations, which is pretty unique in the league; Bert often uses his big body to screen if there's no other play on the rush. Goalies can't stop what they can't see. Put him with Datsyuk and have him go to the net. A #1 pp unit with Hank, Pavel, Bert with Lids and Schneider would be friggin' scary.

As far as the down side, as mentioned above, our D. is probably our biggest weakness followed closely by our coaching--I don't think much of Babs' judgment: it took too long for him to counter the Oiler's trap last year and the way he handled some of the back to back games this year was puzzling: he had Hasek start the first game against the weaker team and he ended up getting 1 pt. out of four. :huh:

I'm just curious what you guys think.

Lose in 1st round. Sorry. It's just what I think, as the questions was asked above, not what I want to happen.

The Wings chances are hard to pin down right now. They haven't played well lately. But potentially, i.e. if Hank comes back and can regain his conditioning, the Wings could perhaps do some damage. Their five-on-five play is much better this year: we all know the officiating is much looser in the playoffs.

The wings are a "we've got the puck" kind of team so having both Pavel and Drapes in the top ten in faceoff win % is important. Hasek and Ozzie can get it done, especially if we can give them goal support. Having Calder and especially Bertuzzi is huge. The way I think we could beat the Nucks, for example, is having Bertuzzi being a multi-faceted threat. First of all, Bert's got great skill: he can score all by himself. He's also big. I've seen Luongo actually looking over top of Homer's head when he's in front.

That won't work with Bert. Todd B. can drive to the net on the rush, from behind the net, the corners, anywhere. He can also screen goalies in any of those situations, which is pretty unique in the league; Bert often uses his big body to screen if there's no other play on the rush. Goalies can't stop what they can't see. Put him with Datsyuk and have him go to the net. A #1 pp unit with Hank, Pavel, Bert with Lids and Schneider would be friggin' scary.

As far as the down side, as mentioned above, our D. is probably our biggest weakness followed closely by our coaching--I don't think much of Babs' judgment: it took too long for him to counter the Oiler's trap last year and the way he handled some of the back to back games this year was puzzling: he had Hasek start the first game against the weaker team and he ended up getting 1 pt. out of four. :huh:

not to be offensive, but much easier to read now ;)