• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HuntsVegas Baby

HuntsVegas Baby

Degenerate Gambler & Ice Sloth

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

I've got the Center Ice Package with Dish and was stuck watching the Blues game on the local St. Louis channel (which was hilarious in itself........such a "homer" announcer team).....anyway during the third period one of guys mentioned something about a problem between Dom and Babcock that resulted in a closed door meeting......Does anyone know about this???? I hope Dom isn't being Dom and planning a lay down because he wants to play next year or something.....

#2 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(HuntsVegas Baby @ March 26, 2007 - 11:26AM) View Post

I've got the Center Ice Package with Dish and was stuck watching the Blues game on the local St. Louis channel (which was hilarious in itself........such a "homer" announcer team).....anyway during the third period one of guys mentioned something about a problem between Dom and Babcock that resulted in a closed door meeting......Does anyone know about this???? I hope Dom isn't being Dom and planning a lay down because he wants to play next year or something.....

IF there was a closed door meeting, it probably had to do with the flop that resulted in a goal the other night.

#3 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(auxlepli @ March 26, 2007 - 11:31AM) View Post

IF there was a closed door meeting, it probably had to do with the flop that resulted in a goal the other night.

that, and the fact that Babcock called him on it to the media
IPB Image

#4 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

It was nothing. He and Dom talked last week to clear the air about Babcock calling Dom out to the media as the reason for the loss vs. Calgary. Babcock was frustrated and the media ran with the mention he made of Dom's gaffe, rather than saying what he really said -- none of the Wings played up to speed. The media pounced on Dom's actions and ignored the rest.

Babcock and Dom are fine. And no, Dom isn't making demands or anything else like that. I love how people look for the worst from a player who's done nothing but his best for this hockey club this season. dry.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#5 HuntsVegas Baby

HuntsVegas Baby

Degenerate Gambler & Ice Sloth

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Alright.....so it is a slap fight. Dom is one of those that self-destructs a lot, and most often at very bad times.......like two weeks before the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Dom fan and we need him at his best if we are going anywhere in the playoffs.

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby, 26 March 2007 - 12:05 PM.

#6 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

why is it that every crap against the Wings come either from Blues media or from Canadian media?

don't buy it. Babcock is not the type of guy to settle things behind locked door. he f* the issue up, but I don't see him and Hasek having a closed door discussion.

like exactly who is the source now? Manny Legace once again?

#7 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(akustyk @ March 26, 2007 - 02:07PM) View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

#8 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(akustyk @ March 26, 2007 - 02:07PM) View Post

He has been out for over a month now AND for the rest of the season.... so he does have a lot of spare time on his hands. Could very well be him.

Edited by OsGOD, 26 March 2007 - 01:18 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#9 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ March 26, 2007 - 07:18PM) View Post

He has been out for over a month now AND for the rest of the season.... so he does have a lot of spare time on his hands. Could very well be him.

I didn't mean this serious, actually... but the fact that so many such "behind the scenes" media stinkers about Wings come from Blues media does give you something to think. I'm not taking the Legace-guess as valid though. he might have some grudge against the organization but he's not an ******* to produce such crap.

it just seems like some of their fans need to cure small-dick-syndrome somehow. and the "Red Wings suck" tune is soooo good here... as usual smile.gif

Edited by akustyk, 26 March 2007 - 01:34 PM.

#10 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(HuntsVegas Baby @ March 26, 2007 - 11:26AM) View Post

I hope Dom isn't being Dom and planning a lay down because he wants to play next year or something.....

I'm not Hasek's biggest fan, but this isn't very fair.
Although known for his ego, he has been a standup teamplayer.

So let's not make "the flop" a bigger issue than it was...
Only a team in harmony has a chance in the playoffs.
Dom knows.
Mikey Mike knows.

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#11 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

making the flop a bigger issue than it is means you are jsut as bad as the media frothing at the mouth for some kind of dirt on the team, this is becoming the NY media ahhaahah
IPB Image
IPB Image

#12 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ March 26, 2007 - 12:01PM) View Post

It was nothing. He and Dom talked last week to clear the air about Babcock calling Dom out to the media as the reason for the loss vs. Calgary. Babcock was frustrated and the media ran with the mention he made of Dom's gaffe, rather than saying what he really said -- none of the Wings played up to speed. The media pounced on Dom's actions and ignored the rest.

Babcock and Dom are fine. And no, Dom isn't making demands or anything else like that. I love how people look for the worst from a player who's done nothing but his best for this hockey club this season. dry.gif

I take it you were in there?

Posted Image

#13 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ March 26, 2007 - 04:57PM) View Post

I take it you were in there?

loo states opinion with the same assurance that everyone else does thinking they know whats going on if the meeting took place, maybe directing sarcastic probes against the others is due as well no? Only fair
IPB Image
IPB Image

#14 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ March 26, 2007 - 01:01PM) View Post

He never blamed him for the loss.
Moral victories are for losers.

#15 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Viperar @ March 26, 2007 - 03:59PM) View Post

loo states opinion with the same assurance that everyone else does thinking they know whats going on if the meeting took place, maybe directing sarcastic probes against the others is due as well no? Only fair

Same assurance? Hardly.

Posted Image

#16 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ March 26, 2007 - 04:14PM) View Post

Same assurance? Hardly.

wow. huh.gif

I was simply paraphrasing an article from mlive a couple of days ago, where it was reported that Hasek and Babs had a private meeting about the media running mad with Babcock's expression of frustration over Dom's attempt to get a call in Calgary. I sure as **** never said I was there, and I don't know what makes you think it's necessary to be nasty about it.

Here is the article I was referencing:

http://www.mlive.com...e....xml&coll=1

I do respect you, NN, but you can keep your sarcasm and snarky comments. Thanks!

QUOTE(Heaton @ March 26, 2007 - 04:05PM) View Post

He never blamed him for the loss.

Fine distinction. Babcock aired a grievance to the media about a player's actions. He should have known, and he does now, that if it's Hasek or another high profile player, the press will make up their own version of what was said.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#17 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

Just his embelishment in Calgary leading to the goal and telling him to tone it down in all likelihood. Nothing more, nothing less. And it should remain that way in both media outlets and in this forum.