• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheelin06

Good News: Hockey Night In Canada to stay on CBC

Rate this topic

I'm relieved to hear this. I've gotten CBC since forever and HNIC is a staple of my Saturday nights. I'd really have been bummed if they moved to TSN and I couldn't get it. The whole CBC experience just has something special for me. Glad to hear they're sticking around.

I believe ESPN does do Monday night football

I may be wrong, but I believe that is what the first poster was suggesting....ie. it happened. ESPN begain airing Monday Night Football last year, ending ABC's 36 year run. However, both networks share common ownership.

I may be wrong, but I believe that is what the first poster was suggesting....ie. it happened. ESPN begain airing Monday Night Football last year, ending ABC's 36 year run. However, both networks share common ownership.

I didn't know it switched from ABC to ESPN, but as far as Im concerned, its the same network, they share ownsership like you said. So it really isnt like ESPN bought the rights to Monday Night Football, ABC just passed it over to ESPN

Yes, I was implying MNF did go to ESPN. I think HNIC going to TSN, the Canadian version of ESPN would have hurt the sport in the US market (and possibly the Canadian market rating wise cause so many US TV's contribute to its ratings). I know Michigan isn't the only state that watches HNIC.

It's also the concept of, whether it is MNF in the states or HNIC in Canada, the tradition is slightly altered with transitioning networks as well as it going from being free to watch or having to own cable in a certain market in order to see it (BAD EXAMPLE -- see VS/NHL in the USA)

:D : : Best news I have heard all year. I have watched HNIC since I was a kid and hockey would just not be the same. My grandfather was French Canadian so I grew up watching the Habs on channel 54 and the Leafs on 9. He would always interpret what the French announcers were saying. Great memories then and now that I am sharing with my son. Hopefully he and I can share with his son in the future.

How gross would it be if it were anywhere else. It belongs on CBC and I am very, very happy to see it remain that way. The next 6 years will be just as good or better than all of the great years that CBC and HNIC have had.

Yeah, this is definitely good news to hear. Me, I've grown up on Hockey Night In Canada too, and I remember late Saturday nights spent at my uncle's house with the family while watching the double-headers set up there.

The past few years I haven't kept up with it, but Hockey Night on CBC is something special. It seriously, really truly, is.