• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Chris Chelios

Rate this topic

yes that was very impressive.

I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight...there were a couple of times tonight where he outplayed guys who are half his age!!

Did anybody hear the VS commentators talking about Chelios after the game last night? They got into a discusion regarding the fact that he has now played the most games of any american player and they ended up agreeing that Chelios was in fact the best american born player in NHL history. I was a bit surprised at first, but when you stop to think about it he really is one of the best all time among the US ranks.

I usually don't mention it, but Chelios has been my second favorite player in the league ever since he came to Motown. Now that #19 is hanging in the rafters, I guess that makes Cheli #1 in my book.

Not to start an argument, but Chelios has always been a prime example of just exactly what I used to think of as a great hockey player - whereas Stevie redefined it and took it to the next level - for me at least.

Certainly, Chelios is destined for the HoF. In the meantime, he is still out there schooling these young whipper-snappers about what it means to be hockey player.

It was a steal IMO , Ericcson wasent anything close to Chelios and those 1st's amounted to a whole lot of nothing

But to give some credit to Chicago, Chelios was 37 at the time. They figured he was washed up and had maybe a year or two left. Eriksson was young and had some potential.

My Dad and I joke that every time the Wings go play Chicago, Chelios probably makes his way up to the Blackhawk front office, lightly knocks on the door and says "hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I'm still playing. Look forward to seeing your guys on the ice tonight :) "

Edit: Double post, sorry.

Edited by Manny4Prez

there was one point during the anaheim game where he kept the puck in 3-4 times, fantastic work

I noticed that series of plays too. I was very impressed and a little disappointed that the Ducks were being held in their own zone by one 45 year old American player (I'm American) who never scores and skates as fast as the seasons. But then again.

Cheli was probably psyched about the Gathering that is to take place in NYC this summer between him and other immortals to decide who is The One. Because we all know THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

But to give some credit to Chicago, Chelios was 37 at the time. They figured he was washed up and had maybe a year or two left.

hahahaha he was just gettin started :lol::lol:

Did anybody hear the VS commentators talking about Chelios after the game last night? They got into a discusion regarding the fact that he has now played the most games of any american player and they ended up agreeing that Chelios was in fact the best american born player in NHL history. I was a bit surprised at first, but when you stop to think about it he really is one of the best all time among the US ranks.

That Modano guy is pretty good too...

Modano Sets Record