• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

If you could pick one team

Rate this topic

Who would you want to face in the first round out of the 8 that are currently in contention? My pick would be the Canucks

The wings don't play good against the Nucks, plus i think maybe Lou might steal a series though im not convinced :P ..i would like to see the stars

Who would you want to face in the first round out of the 8 that are currently in contention? My pick would be the Canucks

Luongo is the last goalie I'd want to be facing, regardless of the team in front of him. That said, he does have zero playoff experience....gotta start somewhere though.

While we swept the Wild this year, they were without Gaborik in all of them... and if they don't have Gaborik, they basically don't have Demitra either. So they're a whole different team with that guy in. Plus we beat up on Fernandez most of the year, and now Backstrom is the main man. Add up how hot they've been lately...

Colorado is not in the top 8, but my vote goes to them. Any other team really makes no difference in my books.

They wont make it. I would like to see them too, but the reality of it is that they wont make the playoffs. Calgary will not let that happen.

While we swept the Wild this year, they were without Gaborik in all of them... and if they don't have Gaborik, they basically don't have Demitra either. So they're a whole different team with that guy in. Plus we beat up on Fernandez most of the year, and now Backstrom is the main man. Add up how hot they've been lately...

yeah you also gotta account for their rookie playoff status

yeah you also gotta account for their rookie playoff status

Well, the team only got there once, but a lot of the vets on their squad have been there plenty of times. Guys like Rolston, Demitra, White, Parrish, Carney, and Skoula have all gone multiple times. Gaborik has just one visit and the team went on a great run, where Marian was the second leading scorer on the whole playoff year despite not making the Finals. They're in pretty good shape if Backstrom doesn't pull a chokejob.

Every time the Wings have gotten the team I picked as a 'good matchup' the advantages turned to disadvanates. Last year I picked Edmonton because they had the worst goaltender of any playoff team and aside from Pronger didn't have the defense to keep up with our offense. Saw how that worked out for us.