• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dats

Datsyuk is the goal scorer

Rate this topic

In the last 5 games Dats score 4 goals :siren: and 0 assists...

Look for him to be a leading goal scorrer in the playoffs.

Doubtful..... but I wouldn't mind if your right

My vote goes to Hank of course :thumbup:

Doubtful..... but I wouldn't mind if your right

My vote goes to Hank of course :thumbup:

Hank would be rusty and cold coming back right into playoff, like Dats last year. Datsyuk is hot and on fire right now.

Hank would be rusty and cold coming back right into playoff, like Dats last year. Datsyuk is hot and on fire right now.

I really hope he shows up this year because I know a good portion of his contract is riding on playoff performance and I like having him around. :cool:

I agree with you right there but the high caliber player that Zetter is, it won't take him long to get back into the groove. They are going to rely heavily on those two but also on the rest of the team.

The good thing about Pavel this year is he has become a good defensive player..our options on the PK in the playoffs seem really strong with Pavel, Zetterberg, Cleary, Calder, Draper, Maltby, Franzen, etc.

Datsyuk has been a strong defensive player for at least the last two years.

In the last 5 games Dats score 4 goals :siren: and 0 assists...

Look for him to be a leading goal scorrer in the playoffs.

Dats has really been on fire. He's been playing great hockey at both ends of the rink. I like the fact he's really stepped up since Z went down and he's leading by example. You can tell he's really enjoying the game right now. He could've easily had a few more goals during this span also, (posts, great saves). I'd like him and Bert to get a few more games in together, it seems to me like there almost there (getting used to each other) and they'll really start clicking soon. Your right, I'm willing to bet this is the year he silences most of his critics. Sadly some will never be happy.

That's why I'm hoping Hank can get in a couple of games before the playoffs start. To be at their best, Hank and Dats need each other.

Fixed it for you.

Edit: Spacing

I said to be at their best :) . I realize they're both good players without each other. They just take it to a new level when they're together.

I said to be at their best :) . I realize they're both good players without each other. They just take it to a new level when they're together.

I still think Dats is going to need to quit doing all those cutsy plays in the playoffs because everyone will take the body with him once the Post Season starts. I don't even care. If he has 30 assists in the playoffs and zero goals, I could care less. I just want him to be a huge reason why we get out of the first round.

I still think Dats is going to need to quit doing all those cutsy plays in the playoffs because everyone will take the body with him once the Post Season starts. I don't even care. If he has 30 assists in the playoffs and zero goals, I could care less. I just want him to be a huge reason why we get out of the first round.

I disagree. He just needs to be himself.

something tells me that pavel and hank are going to have great playoffs....but i think Bertuzzi will come through and lead us through them with goals galore. Or atleast i hope. He seems lost out there because he doesnt really know how to play with his linemates, but give him another week and he will be stellar

I disagree. He just needs to be himself.

He's a cute player. People take the body in the playoffs. He's going to need to fire the puck more to score goals and stop dancing aroudn everyone. On occasion it'll work but I mean...people are going to take the body first and puck second in the playoffs.

I sure hope he does score some goals but like I said, if he as 15 assists in the first round and zero goals and we get out of the first round, I am not going to whine about it lol.

Datsyuk beats more guys one on one in a shift or two than most do all game. They take the body in the reg. seassn too--it's easier said than done. That's his game--if he can draw penalties as well as generate chances why not? He does need to use that great wrister more often, though.

He'll have Bertuzzi to distract defenders so he needs to do his thing!

He's a cute player. People take the body in the playoffs. He's going to need to fire the puck more to score goals and stop dancing aroudn everyone. On occasion it'll work but I mean...people are going to take the body first and puck second in the playoffs.

I think he's kind of changed his emphasis on it a little. Back in '04 he was pulling off some absolutely insane looking stuff, but that was just it: it was nuts. It looked great, but it wasn't playoff style hockey.

And earlier in the year, when he was with Hank and Homer and it seemed like they could do anything, it was kind of frustrating because he would try and skate through a team's whole defense and just get rejected every time (including one or two pretty costly turnovers).

Last night was a good example of how his moves have evolved. Just breaking out the puck and using a quick burst of speed to skate around a flat-footed defender and create a 2-on-1. Now that he's become "the man" in Hank's absence it's more like a return to basics for him--especially with him just shooting the puck a lot.

I think the main difference, that has already been discussed in another thread, is the fact that this year Dats is going in as a much more mature player. Everyone has noticed that he has become a more two sided player, playing defense effectively as well.

As bad as it is for our scoring that Hank is out, i think it has really given dats the chance to step up and show us what hes made of, and its made him a better player.

I am looking at this year to be the breakout year hopefully!

I think the main difference, that has already been discussed in another thread, is the fact that this year Dats is going in as a much more mature player. Everyone has noticed that he has become a more two sided player, playing defense effectively as well.

As bad as it is for our scoring that Hank is out, i think it has really given dats the chance to step up and show us what hes made of, and its made him a better player.

I am looking at this year to be the breakout year hopefully!

To bad that Holland didn't trade him at the trade deadline, right? :lol: Alot of Dats haters will eat crow when Dats will be a man in the playoffs.

Oh god.........this thread is going to go to a real bad place very quickly.

I could get the ball rolling if you'd like. :P

I can't say anything about Datsyuk, considering how good he's been. It's not like I hate him or anything, that's not the case at all, it's just the money situation. I keep getting this strong feeling that he will be set on a high tab, and will not be very willing to go down. That, and his agent is an ass.

But that's a discussion for another day. Datsyuk has impressed me lately, being that he has basically carried this team on his back. Good job Datsyuk.