• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoWings1905

Which Red Wing drives you nuts?

Rate this topic

Ever since I saw that clip of Hudler living with Lang, I have seriously loved the guy. He has great skills, but I just wish he would try a little bit harder sometimes. :D

when i saw that i couldn't stop smiling.

( i love Langer's huge porch)

and i love how rex just lives in his basement with like a random blanket akin to a teenager.

(gets sent off to do the chores too!)

i wish someone had this on youtube.

its a good one!

Ever since I saw that clip of Hudler living with Lang, I have seriously loved the guy. He has great skills, but I just wish he would try a little bit harder sometimes.

Yeah that was really funny, i liked that too. It was funny when Lang's kids got Hudler out of bed. I'm sure Lang is a great guy, he just doesn't play to his full potential and I hate that.

All those saying Lang will surely eat their crow come playoff time.

Come now, let's get real here. The guy's a bum. If he scores, awesome, but right at this very moment he's a bum.

Here's a cool stat for ya:

Tonight's action notwithstanding, Robert Lang is THIRD in the league in giveaways, behind only Jaromir Jagr (the Rangers top player, who gets way more ice time) and Jason Smith (Edmonton's #1 D). The guy looks like he's never handled a puck before with his turnovers. He can be standing there on the half wall during a 5-on-3 dipsy-doodling, facing ZERO pressure and lose the puck ALL BY HIMSELF. His lack of hustle is blatant, his floating in both zones infuriating. This guy has great talent but he doesn't come to play every night and it just kills me.

That said, if anyone believes that Bob can kick it up a notch this postseason, it's me.

Nobody pisses me off.

It will sound cheesy, but I do believe all Wings work hard and try to give it their best.

Samuelsson was kind of a fan favourite last season, this year his has some bad luck with injuries and his form. I'm sure he wishes it would be different too.

Lang just has a certain style. You like it or you don't.

i love this thread... all of you, quit complaining about 'negativity." look at it like this: they say it's healthy to argue in a relationship. well, this is us loving the Wings, but voicing our complaints. it's unheatlhy to be a rah rah cheerleader all season. if the wings went 82-0, i'd still be upset with Lang for being lazy. Osgood would drive me nuts, but he's usually on the bench - it's hard to give up big rebounds from the bench and he has no reason to shrug after giving up a each goal. It's driving me nuts that Zetterberg is still out, but I'll go somewhere new...

Draper drives me nuts for going 150 mph every shift and going offside on half of them - the 150 mph is just fine, but the offsides, not so much. I still love Drapes, esp his PK skills.

DId someone call Hudler, Rex? I must not be a big enough fan to not know that... that rules. (or did i read that wrong?)

Here's some positivity for all you rah rahs... hats off to schneids for always sticking up for the guys. that LATE hit from neidermeyer on Calder at the end of the period against the Ducks, you know, just before Lilja fought Moen. That rocked that Schneider went in there and started that all up. That late hit was crappy. That's the disrespect they're all talking about. Same for Lilja, everyone loves to hate him, but at least he'll drop the gloves... the game needs more of it or we're gonna see even more head injuries, like what just happened to Lebda.

With the exception of Legace after losing that last playoff game last year, I don't think I have ever hated a Red Wing player.

-That being said, I find Kronwall's play especially infuriating lately. Yeah, I know, he has potential / still being developed / etc...etc... but there is just something about the decisions he makes on the ice that stikes me as being very wrong.

-Also, I think it's time for Sammy to move on and let one of the

euro-kids step up into the full-time lineup.

-Lang doesn't really bother me. I guess I'm just convinced that he could do so much better if only he wasn't so lazy most of the time.

It's a hard choice. Kronwall, lilja and lebda all drive me nuts. They are all really bad defenseman. I can't stand give aways in the defensive end, and they all do it frequently. Lang can drive me nuts only because he doesn't seem to work very hard, but he is a 20+ goal scorer and we don't have enough of them this year!!

I sat here for a couple minutes trying to think if there is anyone that 'drives me nuts' on the Wings. But, I couldn't think of one. They as a whole are the Wings. All of them.

I mean I wasn't the biggest Bertuzzi fan before he came to Detroit, but now he is a Wing. So I am ok with him.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I admit that I'm just here to bash Lang. I can't stand players who don't give their all. It's an insult to the many extremely-hard-working guys on the team.

What exactly is your opinion of working hard? Must you be a plugger or grinder? Lang has greatly improved his backchecking this year. If you recall it was Lang who backchecked all the way to our goal and tied up the Duck who would've potted the game tying goal last game.

Lang is not a fast skater and he is primarily a playmaker so he doesn't drive for the net or get many breakways.

However, he does some awesome work down low around the boards. How many times has Lang positioned his ass between the puck and a defender and the defender absolutely can't do anything to get the puck or get Lang off of the puck?

How many times has Lang been benched or talked to about his work ethic?

Lang is not the same type of player as Zetterberg or Fipulla who are both faster and more agile and better able to get to pucks down low and fight for them. Lang is more of a puck possession guy, he doesn't get into alot of the battles because he lacks foot speed. But that's why he's given wingers who can do a little bit of that work so once he gains possession he can set up the offense.

I don't get the mad hate on for Lang.

my vote: Samuelsson, just for taking needless shots that have no hope of going in.

Yeah, he's getting overpaid for the role he plays on this team but just because he doesn't fly around the ice he's viewed as lazy which I completely disagree with.

Come now, let's get real here. The guy's a bum. If he scores, awesome, but right at this very moment he's a bum.

Here's a cool stat for ya:

Tonight's action notwithstanding, Robert Lang is THIRD in the league in giveaways, behind only Jaromir Jagr (the Rangers top player, who gets way more ice time) and Jason Smith (Edmonton's #1 D). The guy looks like he's never handled a puck before with his turnovers. He can be standing there on the half wall during a 5-on-3 dipsy-doodling, facing ZERO pressure and lose the puck ALL BY HIMSELF. His lack of hustle is blatant, his floating in both zones infuriating. This guy has great talent but he doesn't come to play every night and it just kills me.

That said, if anyone believes that Bob can kick it up a notch this postseason, it's me.

Well, I can't speak for Jason Smith but there's a reason why Lang and Jagr have alot of turnovers. Primarily its because they handle the puck so much. Lang spends alot of time in the offensive zone with possession of the puck, and in the offensive zone defenders are trying to get the puck as badly as possible. Furthermore, guys like Lang and Jarg are so skilled that they'll do things with the puck that most players won't even think about simply due to lack of imagination and vision. I've seen Lang dipsy doodle an incoming defender and gingerly lay a pass between the guy's feet to an open winger. That's the kind of stuff that gets overlooked with Lang. People spend so much time focusing on his giveaways that they forget any play he makes that doesn't result in a goal.

Lang has unbelievable hands and he makes some of the sweetest moves down low in the offensive zone. Granted, its not flashy because he does it all with his hands vs full fledged skating and dekes but if you would just look at all of the possession time he gets during a game he makes some really great plays to keep things alive in the offensive zone.

Ah whatever, people have a hate on for Lang that just can't be overcome. Tis their right, no matter how much I can't fathom it.

Would it be so wrong to say.... the red wing that drives me the most nutz is the Fans themselves? Thats my answers and I am sticking with it.

All I can say is come the playoffs I will be very happy that the Uppers didn't heed the fans call for Langs head... as he is one of the few the gets points in the post season for us and is a bright spot in the dark cloud of recent playoffs.

Edited by OsGOD

Sammy for sure. Would you freakin pass already?????

And a close second to the "pain-train" Lilja. Last nights game being a different Lilja than the norm, he drives me nuts. I think he's tired of sitting out, and wants to let Babs know he'll be a 'tough guy' for him. Too bad we all know that as soon as he feels he's been given the green light, he'll go back to his old ways. Good really only for blocking shots.

Lang - for his drop passes, turnovers, and lazy hooking penalties

Sammuelson - for shooting too much and his salary

Datsyuk - for not shooting enough

Zetterberg - for being injured

Holmstom - for being too streaky

Calder - for not being here longer and for his stupid soul patch

Hudler - for not being two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier

Filpulla - for not being as skilled as Hudler

Maltby - for slowing down

Draper - for not being able to buy a goal with Bill Gates' Visa

Franzen - for not being just a little faster

Cleary - for sometimes being a boring hockey player

Bertuzzi - for making it possible for Vancouver to get Luongo

Schneider - High and Wide 24-7

Chelios - his nose

Lidstrom - for his inability to clone himself

Lebda - see hudler

Kronwall - those cross ice passes and anemic offence

Lilja - his salary among other obviousness

Markov - hasn't been hitting as much lately

Osgood - for letting in terrible goals

Hasek - for letting me believe his leg could fall off at any time.

I hate Calder, Franzen and Cleary. They never hustle to the puck, consistently play poorly on defense. :P

Seriously? Markov and Kronwall lately. Do you feel confident with Markov behind his own net, gets a forechecker up in his face and he has to puck-handle a bit? not me. :D

I don't get the mad hate on for Lang.

..Ah whatever, people have a hate on for Lang that just can't be overcome. Tis their right, no matter how much I can't fathom it.

:clap: Even Babcock doesn't get it. Post game interview on 1270 he said something to that effect too. "I don't understand the negative press Langer has gotten this year"..

Nice post rick zombo :thumbup:.

Datsyuk did drive me nuts for a while when Shanny or Hull was on his line. Instead of shooting the puck, he was continually trying to pass to them. This year he's taken more shots, so he doesn't drive me nuts anymore.

Now the main thing that drives me nuts is when people here are all doom and gloom when we lose a game. :lol:

Lilja has held this position since his first week with the team.

As for the hate-on with Lang...

That is a Fedorov thing. Lang was brought in to fill the offensive void left by Fedorov, and while he did admirably, he didn't bring the explosive footspeed or the defensive ability Fedorov had. THAT is why Lang is disliked...because he's not Fedorov.

How many other guys are having to live up to that standard? Nobody on the Wings.

Schnider needs to stop playng and coach or something. I haven't seen many games this year but the ones I have seen (mostly agains chicago, st. louis, and on NBC) he has difficulty keeping up. Maybe its just me because I have always expected him to play better.

Im not a huge fan of either of our goalies either, but they are acceptable. Hopefully we win the cup this year, and Schnider and Hasek retire and we can pick up Foote and Biron

Lang - for his drop passes, turnovers, and lazy hooking penalties

Sammuelson - for shooting too much and his salary

Datsyuk - for not shooting enough

Zetterberg - for being injured

Holmstom - for being too streaky

Calder - for not being here longer and for his stupid soul patch

Hudler - for not being two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier

Filpulla - for not being as skilled as Hudler

Maltby - for slowing down

Draper - for not being able to buy a goal with Bill Gates' Visa

Franzen - for not being just a little faster

Cleary - for sometimes being a boring hockey player

Bertuzzi - for making it possible for Vancouver to get Luongo

Schneider - High and Wide 24-7

Chelios - his nose

Lidstrom - for his inability to clone himself

Lebda - see hudler

Kronwall - those cross ice passes and anemic offence

Lilja - his salary among other obviousness

Markov - hasn't been hitting as much lately

Osgood - for letting in terrible goals

Hasek - for letting me believe his leg could fall off at any time.

Funniest post I have seen in a long time. You should get an award or something!!!!

There is not anyone on the wings that I would just hack at the throat. I love all the red and whites. In aggreance with that we can't be ra-ra all the time. There is not anyone on the wings that I wouldn't trade for the right person besides for Lids, Hank and Chelios (I love Cheli, ever since I got removed from his bar by his huge brother). The player that probably frustrates me the most is Dom. I love him, I hate him! I can never decide, he is like that girlfriend that was annoying and going through your phone all the time but when it came to the love she was just so damn good!!!!!!

Oh and I love this thread always have and if you truely hate a thread and think it is pointless just don't post!!!!!!

Schnider needs to stop playng and coach or something. I haven't seen many games this year but the ones I have seen (mostly agains chicago, st. louis, and on NBC) he has difficulty keeping up. Maybe its just me because I have always expected him to play better.

Im not a huge fan of either of our goalies either, but they are acceptable. Hopefully we win the cup this year, and Schnider and Hasek retire and we can pick up Foote and Biron

I am with you Biron had a great season but seriously I think that it will be all! I want Mason!!!!