• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

good ol mickey

Rate this topic

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image!!!

Mickey's best moments are definitely his most unusual ones. It's inventive, but assuredly eccentric stuff that pops out of his mouth that can catch a sleeping game-viewer in the midst of their snoreville, with gems such as:

--

"Then down he goes like he was shot with an elephant gun!"

- Mickey ridicules Pierre Turgeon's embellishment of a minor crosscheck. (May 12, 1998)

"The ducks were almost hoisted by their own petard!"

- Mickey chides the Mighty Ducks for another turnover in their own end. (Mar. 26, 1998)

"He's got those happy feet-dit-dit-dit-dit-dit-he's gone!"

- Mickey imitates the sound of Sergei Federov's skates when he dekes an opposing player on the ice. (Mar 2, 1998)

"A hockey player without a stick is like a duck without wings!"

- Mickey twisting a cliche to describe the Wings essentially playing 5-3 hockey for 1:20 after Steve Yzerman lost his stick. They killed the penalty. (Jan 12, 1998)

"He faked Billington right out of his jock strap!"

- Mickey laughs as Tomas Holmstrom "undresses" the Colorado goalie. (Dec. 17, 1997)

"As Lindros went for coffee, Janssens put the cream in it, did he? The cream and the sugar!"

- Mickey lauds Mark Janssens’ skill as a face-off man. (Nov. 2, 1997)

--

And that's just the surface of the iceberg that is Mick. Mickey, we love you! IPB Image

I'm glad this thread has gone so far in your heart to base your name off of its contents

you're a great person

Actually, if you look at my join date (which was when I picked my screen name) you will see it was well before this thread was started. Obviously I felt this way before the thread.

:lol: Those are great! Mickey is awesome.

I especially loved this quote:

"Brendan Shanhan with the big wind-up and the fake, and he got Pronger standing still, and when you do that with Brendan Shanahan, something's going to happen! Either he's going to go around you and you get a cold from the draft going by or you're gonna get a hook on him and pull him down and end up in the bin sitting by yourself! And, even there, you can get a cold sitting over there for a couple of minutes"

"Ron Lowe said, "If diving was an event in the Winter Olympics, Peter Forsburg should take part!"

- Mickey quoting a relevent source as Forsburg dives when tapped by Yzerman's stick. (Dec. 17, 1997)

"Murphy’s so darn smart! Yes, he doesn’t have the legs that Joe Sacco has, but he’s got the brain that Sacco doesn’t have!"

- Mickey comparing the relative strengths of both players after Larry Murphy poked the puck away from Sacco. (Nov. 2, 1997)

"Maybe Chase drilled Draper but then you saw the silver of Kocur's badge!"

- Mickey recounting Joey Kocur's reaction to liberties taken by Kelly Chase. (May 19, 1998)

"Ha, ha, ha, ha! Here comes that jackhammer! BOOM! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Excuse me for laughing!"

- Mickey laughing about Joey Kocur's punch on Scott Barnaby which knocked his helmet off. (Mar. 29, 1998)

"Look at Kocur! He don't care! That jackhammer works on any kind of cement!"

- Mickey admiring Joey Kocur's gumption, as he challenges Krzysztof Oliwa, who rings in at 6'5", 235 pounds. (Dec. 19, 1997)

:lol: Gotta love Mickey. Seriously awesome on air personality. One more reason to love the post season, Mick does away games! Reading some of those was just so funny, like I could feel his disappointment that the linesmen would break up a fight before it happened. :lol: It'll be tough for someone else to fill his shoes one day.

One of my faves from that list: "Ha, ha, ha, ha! Here comes that jackhammer! BOOM! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Excuse me for laughing!"

- Mickey laughing about Joey Kocur's punch on Scott Barnaby which knocked his helmet off. (Mar. 29, 1998)

One I like that's not on there: " He gave him the B.C. two hander."

- Detaling a slash (two handed axe swinging motion), that apperently originated around Vancover. ahhahah

Edited by bringback91