• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Osgood vs. Nashville, Hasek vs. Dallas

Rate this topic

I am fine with Osgood starting vs Nashville and Hasek vs Dallas.

They both are solid vs each of these teams, so if you flip-flopped it, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

I however am glad Osgood got the start against Nashville because his goaltending has been close to spectacular vs the Preds.

With that said, Turco is a panic attack vs Detroit, so we will see how Hasek and the wings measure up vs a potential playoff matchup.

I mean I love Ozzie and all, but lets be real. He's mediocre at his best.

Ozzie is not mediocre. He is and always will be a great goalie.

As many have stated before:

I think this is a smart move - Ozzie has shown some spunk against the Preds, and Dom needs to be rested leading into the Playoffs. I think it is a win-win situation. Even if the Preds win the game, I still think it is a smart move.

Edited by WingsWingsWings

It's just that in the game he started in Nashville he let in 6. So...you know... that's all were asking, let us smack you guys around once in awhile.

Over our dead bodies :sly:

Hah only messing around.

Well your young Nashville team has to respect there elders, so we will be doing all the smacking from here on out to the playoffs :P

Hasek's the starter for the playoffs, no questions really need to be asked about that, so....

Rotation for these next two games makes sense. A good bit of Osgood's limited action this year has been against Nashville and he's stepped up to the plate, so why not again. Biggest game of the season to this point (if you are worried about winning the division), why the hell not?

Besides the plan has always been, from what I have read, that Hasek doesn't play one of back-to-back games. Might as well just keep him in Detroit for Thursday's game for rest, then he goes full steam against the Stars.

As for the final four games, my guess is Hasek plays 3 of the 4.

:clap:

Exactly. Oz has rocked against Nashville this season- standing on his head in every game. Babs would be crazy not to give Oz the thumbs up in this situation. Plus, in the end, Dallas is an easier 2 points then Nashville (damn I love that Turco chokes when he sees the winged wheel) so we might as well give Dom the oppertunity to keep us in it during the oh-so-horrible second game of a back-to-back. *sigh* Why can't the boys play well in back-to-backs? (Nashville homestand not-withstanding)

This is horrible news. Plain and simple, Hasek is the better tender, therefore he should be in against the better team and possibly the most important game of the season. Then put Ozzie in against the stars. This is a s***ty decision by Babcock. And mark my words it WILL come back to haunt us. No way Ozzie is stealing a game against nashville, in nashville. If we end up losing the top seed by a point or two, this will be the reason why. I mean I love Ozzie and all, but lets be real. He's mediocre at his best. Not who you want between the pipes during possibly the biggest game of the regular season.

spoken like a true wings fan ;)

Dallas is a more likely 1st round opponent, I thinks Babs wants Dom to have one more look at them before the playoffs, so he can have reference of how they play.

Plus, if Oz loses this game, so what? If he wins, it's a HUGE confidence boost and will carry him into the post in case something soes happen to Dom. But count on him starting at least 1 more game after tonight before the playoffs start.

Dallas is a more likely 1st round opponent, I thinks Babs wants Dom to have one more look at them before the playoffs, so he can have reference of how they play.

That's what I am thinking as well.

I liked your answer, thank you. But I guess my biggest reason for saying what I did is that Hasek will probably in back to back nights in the playoffs... right? I just feel like it is bad preperation, unless Ozzie is going to take those second games in the playoffs too...

Back to back in the playoffs... they are as rare as a shoot out to end the game in the playoffs. Except for an Act of god, they sechdule is usually every other game for teams.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Osgood has played excellent against the Preds. The way he's played in his last 5-6 starts he absolutely deserves this game. Saying he isn't able to 'steal' a game is foolish. He is way more than capable of beating these guys again. Way to ruin the thread though. It never fails that when Ozzie is mentioned someone always has to stir things up. Calling Ozzie mediocre is a joke. Babs doesn't agree and rightfully so.

Im not trying to bring the thread down. Im just being realistic. See thats where Im different from alot of the Wings fans that post here. Im not a complete homer. I can sit back and be objective about the situation. Im just being real about things. Like I said, I love Ozzie. And I have tons of great memories with Ozzie in the Winged Wheel. But this isnt the 97-98 season anymore. Calling Ozzie anything other then mediocre is a joke. He's MAYBE somewhat "solid" at his best, but mediocre generally speaking. Other then Cujo, Ozzie is like the king of giving up softies in a Red Wings uniform. Hes no great goaltender, cause if he was, he would be our starter. But no, we have Hasek. First we got rid of Ozzie cause we had Hasek. Now we have Ozzie as our back-up because of having Dom. Which totally proves my point that Hasek is FAR superior between the pipes. Therefore Hasek should be our last line of defense against one of the best teams in the league, and one of the biggest games of the year. And I dont even wanna hear the crap about Ozzie winning the last game against the preds. Oh wow, he wins one time in nashville, so that somehow means he's the best option a month later??? I disagree whole-heartedly. Believe me, I hope Im wrong. Hell, I pray im wrong. But hearing this decision knocked me back a few feet. Because Im realistic and objective. The better tender should be in during the most important game of the regular season, bottom line.

Oh and by the way. Preds fans are already rejoicing on there boards about Ozzie being in tonight...Gee...I wonder why?? :rolleyes:

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

Im not trying to bring the thread down. Im just being realistic. See thats where Im different from alot of the Wings fans that post here. Im not a complete homer. I can sit back and be objective about the situation. Im just being real about things. Like I said, I love Ozzie. And I have tons of great memories with Ozzie in the Winged Wheel. But this isnt the 97-98 season anymore. Calling Ozzie anything other then mediocre is a joke. He's MAYBE somewhat "solid" at his best, but mediocre generally speaking. Other then Cujo, Ozzie is like the king of giving up softies. Hes no great goaltender, cause if he was, he would be our starter. But no, we have Hasek. First we got rid of Ozzie cause we had Hasek. Now we have Ozzie as our back-up because of having Dom. Which totally proves my point that Hasek is FAR superior between the pipes. Therefore Hasek should be our last line of defense against one of the best teams in the league, and one of the biggest games of the year. And I dont even wanna hear the crap about Ozzie winning the last game against the preds. Oh wow, he wins one time in nashville, so that somehow means he's the best option a month later??? I disagree whole-heartedly. Believe me, I hope Im wrong. Hell, I pray im wrong. But hearing this decision knocked me back a few feet. Because Im realistic and objective. The better tender should be in during the most important game of the regular season, bottom line.

Are you kidding yourself? Osgood didn't win one time against the Preds. In his last three starts against them he earned a possible 5 out of 6 points. That is great. Not only that but he played amazing in every one of those games. No goalie in the NHL has a better record against the Preds than Ozzie does so that right there speaks for itself. Preds fans don't even want their team facing Ozzie. What does that tell you?

Osgood is not a mediocre goalie. He is still a great goalie and can get the job done. Babcock and the rest of the team INCLUDING Hasek has confidence in him and rightfully so. He's earned it, and he's earned playing tonight.

As for your whole 'far superior' comment. Did anyone in here state that Osgood was better than Hasek? No. So way to go on that one!

Ever think that maybe he's starting Dom against the Stars because they are a likely first round opponent? It does make sense.

You can go ahead and think what you want and doubt all you want, fact of the matter is Babs knows what he's doing and made a really good decision for tonight's game.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Are you kidding yourself? Osgood didn't win one time against the Preds. In his last three starts against them he earned a possible 5 out of 6 points. That is great. Not only that but he played amazing in every one of those games. No goalie in the NHL has a better record against the Preds than Ozzie does so that right there speaks for itself. Preds fans don't even want their team facing Ozzie. What does that tell you?

Osgood is not a mediocre goalie. He is still a great goalie and can get the job done. Babcock and the rest of the team INCLUDING Hasek has confidence in him and rightfully so. He's earned it, and he's earned playing tonight.

As for your whole 'far superior' comment. Did anyone in here state that Osgood was better than Hasek? No. So way to go on that one!

Ever think that maybe he's starting Dom against the Stars because they are a likely first round opponent? It does make sense.

You can go ahead and think what you want and doubt all you want, fact of the matter is Babs knows what he's doing and made a really good decision for tonight's game.

Hahaha. What the hell are you talking about?? Check out the preds boards you dolt. They are happy as hell about no Hasek. Im not saying anyone said Ozzie was better then Hasek. But thats my whole point. Hasek is way better. So way to go on that one! lol. The only semi-intellegent comment you've made is about our possible first round oppnent being the stars. Then that makes sense. But If we had the BETTER goaltender in tonight for the biggest game of the year, we probably wouldnt have to worry about facing a 5 seed in the first round. And yeah, you're right, Babs does usually know what hes doing. Just like the decision to make Ozzie our back-up because he is a mediocre goalie. Even mediocre goaltenders have hot streaks. That still doesnt change his mediocre status. But like I said before, I hope to God im wrong about this.(Cause obviously I wanna see us kick their ass tonight). But im trying not to be a hardcore homer like you. I was just expressing concern because of the magnitude and importance of tonights game. Chill the f*** out.