• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Osgood vs. Nashville, Hasek vs. Dallas

Rate this topic

Go Osgood.

I'm happy he is starting. He might not be Hasek, but I thought he played amazing in his last game against Nashville and probably kept us in it. He has a very competitive nature and I think he will be just as ready this game.

Have faith people.

Hahaha. What the hell are you talking about?? Check out the preds boards you dolt

That still doesnt change his mediocre status. But like I said before, I hope to God im wrong about this.(Cause obviously I wanna see us kick their ass tonight). But im trying not to be a hardcore homer like you. I was just expressing concern because of the magnitude and importance of tonights game. Chill the f*** out.

Sweet! We are back to using these names again... :thumbup::rolleyes:

Best I can remember Ozzie was 3rd star just 2 weeks ago against these same exact Preds... What's so different about tonights game?

Edited by OsGOD

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Sweet! We are back to using these names again... :thumbup::rolleyes:

Best I can remember Ozzie was 3rd star just 2 weeks ago against these same exact Preds... What's so different about tonights game?

Well, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...you know the rest. ;)

It's just the fact that they are 2 points ahead of us, and they are at home where they have one of the best records in hockey. And that was 2 weeks ago. We all know momentum, playing hott, and many other things can change in 2 weeks. I just think its the more logical decision to start the superior goaltender for the biggest game, thats all. Everyone can relax. ;)

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

Well, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...you know the rest. ;)

It's just the fact that they are 2 points ahead of us, and they are at home where they have one of the best records in hockey. And that was 2 weeks ago. We all know momentum, playing hott, and many other things can change in 2 weeks. I just think its the more logical decision to start the superior goaltender for the biggest game, thats all. Everyone can relax. ;)

Well, you can think it's the more logical decision all you want, but it's Ozzie getting the nod and rightfully so. You say you like the guy, and yet keep calling him "mediocre at best"...so obviously you don't think so highly of him. He's played extremely well against Nashville, and Babs is showing faith in him. Just sit back and enjoy the game, although you may have to take something to help you relax, seeing how Dom isn't starting tonight.

Well, you can think it's the more logical decision all you want, but it's Ozzie getting the nod and rightfully so. You say you like the guy, and yet keep calling him "mediocre at best"...so obviously you don't think so highly of him. He's played extremely well against Nashville, and Babs is showing faith in him. Just sit back and enjoy the game, although you may have to take something to help you relax, seeing how Dom isn't starting tonight.

Well I mean I do like him. But other then a little recent hot streak, I havent seen anything in years from Ozzie that would tell me hes anything better then mediocre. But yes, you are right, Im going to be edgy as hell tonight, cause I dont have alot of faith in Ozzie in comparison to Dom. But like I said, I really hope Ozzie proves me wrong, I really do. But yeah I'll have to go get a 6-pack or something to calm my nerves during this one. :yowza:

Hahaha. What the hell are you talking about?? Check out the preds boards you dolt. They are happy as hell about no Hasek. Im not saying anyone said Ozzie was better then Hasek. But thats my whole point. Hasek is way better. So way to go on that one! lol. The only semi-intellegent comment you've made is about our possible first round oppnent being the stars. Then that makes sense. But If we had the BETTER goaltender in tonight for the biggest game of the year, we probably wouldnt have to worry about facing a 5 seed in the first round. And yeah, you're right, Babs does usually know what hes doing. Just like the decision to make Ozzie our back-up because he is a mediocre goalie. Even mediocre goaltenders have hot streaks. That still doesnt change his mediocre status. But like I said before, I hope to God im wrong about this.(Cause obviously I wanna see us kick their ass tonight). But im trying not to be a hardcore homer like you. I was just expressing concern because of the magnitude and importance of tonights game. Chill the f*** out.

First of all, who cares who's better than who Ozzie and Hasek can both kill the Preds. Don't encourage the dolts you will just cause us all to ban together, name calling will get you nowhere.

Secondly, HC probably has more hockey knowledge in her pinky than you have in your whole body so I don't think you have to belittle and berate her to make your point. What she said wasn't just semi-intellegent it is the general thinking of many people on the board that it would be good for Hasek to be ready for a first round opponent, but not to overwork him by giving him b2b when it is completely unnecessary to do so.

And lastly, just because you support Ozzie does not make you a homer. He's a great goalie, and he's done really well against the Preds so I suggest that YOU chill out.

PS. get a Thesaurus as you used mediocre a record number of times in your posts.

I'm so sick if ignornat posts like this. You think insulting me is going to make you look better? F**k off.

You didnt call me any names yeah. *Edit* I was first called foolish. And you were insulting to my opinion well before I insulted you. So the only ignorance is from YOU. The attitude in your words were clear. So if you cant take it, dont dish it out. Or you're gonna get schooled again. Face it, you're a homer, you arent objective at all. You never are. Take off the Red goggles. Atleast some Wings fans do. ;) You make statements about the preds boards when you are just talking out of your ass. Therefore you are a dolt. Have some facts behind what you say before you get schooled chump.

First of all, who cares who's better than who Ozzie and Hasek can both kill the Preds. Don't encourage the dolts you will just cause us all to ban together, name calling will get you nowhere.

Secondly, HC probably has more hockey knowledge in her pinky than you have in your whole body so I don't think you have to belittle and berate her to make your point.

Ive been a hardcore fan of hockey since 1987. Oh wait thats right she was probably born in 87. HAHA. My knowledge to hers isnt even comparable. Not to mention she makes statements of fact without even researching it first. Sounds like alot of great knowledge to me. :rolleyes: Plus I was belittled first. Try looking back at the posts. She jumped on me like flies on s*** when I stated my opinion. I was polite as hell at first. But after her sarcatic comments she can take the abuse right back. Ive said this like a million time, I HOPE IM WRONG. How many more times do I have to say this. I want Red Wings success. I was juat stating an opinion. Then im verbally attacked. So once again, how bout checking back on the posts before you make yourself look like a fool.

Oh wait a minute. Thats right, she DID call me names first. Her first reply to my original state ment was calling me foolish. So once again. DONT DISH IT OUT IF YOU CANT TAKE IT! Take a looksy for yourself.

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

Oh and btw. I will gladly start a crow eating thread if im wrong about Ozzie tonight. Hell, I hope I have to.

did u se what babs said after the game how everytime we win with ozzie in you all act surprised well ou shouldnt be hes a good goalie and has won tons of games. also the big thing he said that stuck out is how hes a great team mate. ozzie is a locker room guy. we should be so lucky to have him as our so called back up even though he is a starter at heart. yes i have my doubts in him sometimes but now that ozzie has been playing alot mores hes on his game. no goalie can play good when he dosnet play. ozzie ozzie ozzie

I just got home, I've been telling every preds fan I've seen the last 4 hours that they got OWNED (would never brag but the dude that spit on me set me off). Did anyone else see Ozzie stand on his head in the 2nd? I'm so glad he started tonight. Dom will kill the Stars tomorrow and its on to first from there.

Edited by WingsZR2

See, just for certain ones saying they don't know why Babs went with Ozzie, this is just for you.

Osgood was sharp on Thursday, stopping 24 shots to lead the Wings to a 2-1 victory over the Nashville Predators at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. And he's been sharp most of the season, despite injuries and infrequent appearances. Osgood is 3-0-1 vs. the Predators this season and has earned his team at least one point in his last 10 starts (6-0-4).

"We pay him, eh? We expect that," coach Mike Babcock said. "He's got 300-some wins, he's an NHL goalie, he's won the Stanley Cup. Every time he plays good it's like a surprise. He's played way better this year than last year. He's had to adjust to a different role last year (as the backup). He's a great teammate, as good a teammate as there is in hockey."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde....xml&coll=1