66 replies to this topic

#41 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(rick zombo @ March 29, 2007 - 08:02AM) View Post

So will Howard back Ozzie up tonight? So Dom can rest and not have to dress.

I would expect Dom to be with the team and dress as backup. It didn't say, did it? Dom won't be needed, Ozzie owns the Preds! smile.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#42 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(GodofHockeyStevieY19 @ March 28, 2007 - 07:45PM) View Post

This is horrible news. Plain and simple, Hasek is the better tender, therefore he should be in against the better team and possibly the most important game of the season. Then put Ozzie in against the stars. This is a s***ty decision by Babcock. And mark my words it WILL come back to haunt us. No way Ozzie is stealing a game against nashville, in nashville. If we end up losing the top seed by a point or two, this will be the reason why. I mean I love Ozzie and all, but lets be real. He's mediocre at his best. Not who you want between the pipes during possibly the biggest game of the regular season.

spoken like a true wings fan wink.gif
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#43 unkempt

unkempt

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(hated and proud @ March 29, 2007 - 04:16AM) View Post

It's just that in the game he started in Nashville he let in 6. So...you know... that's all were asking, let us smack you guys around once in awhile.

Once per season is not enough? tongue.gif

"There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them."

#44 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:24 AM

Dallas is a more likely 1st round opponent, I thinks Babs wants Dom to have one more look at them before the playoffs, so he can have reference of how they play.

Plus, if Oz loses this game, so what? If he wins, it's a HUGE confidence boost and will carry him into the post in case something soes happen to Dom. But count on him starting at least 1 more game after tonight before the playoffs start.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#45 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Wings_Dynasty @ March 29, 2007 - 09:24AM) View Post

Dallas is a more likely 1st round opponent, I thinks Babs wants Dom to have one more look at them before the playoffs, so he can have reference of how they play.

That's what I am thinking as well.

"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#46 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:09 AM

Ozzie has plenty of conifidence playing the Preds this season, seeing as he's taken 5 out of a possible 6 points from them this season. I have no problem with this move.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#47 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(DreamsofHope @ March 28, 2007 - 08:46PM) View Post

I liked your answer, thank you. But I guess my biggest reason for saying what I did is that Hasek will probably in back to back nights in the playoffs... right? I just feel like it is bad preperation, unless Ozzie is going to take those second games in the playoffs too...

Back to back in the playoffs... they are as rare as a shoot out to end the game in the playoffs. Except for an Act of god, they sechdule is usually every other game for teams.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#48 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 28, 2007 - 07:49PM) View Post

Osgood has played excellent against the Preds. The way he's played in his last 5-6 starts he absolutely deserves this game. Saying he isn't able to 'steal' a game is foolish. He is way more than capable of beating these guys again. Way to ruin the thread though. It never fails that when Ozzie is mentioned someone always has to stir things up. Calling Ozzie mediocre is a joke. Babs doesn't agree and rightfully so.

Im not trying to bring the thread down. Im just being realistic. See thats where Im different from alot of the Wings fans that post here. Im not a complete homer. I can sit back and be objective about the situation. Im just being real about things. Like I said, I love Ozzie. And I have tons of great memories with Ozzie in the Winged Wheel. But this isnt the 97-98 season anymore. Calling Ozzie anything other then mediocre is a joke. He's MAYBE somewhat "solid" at his best, but mediocre generally speaking. Other then Cujo, Ozzie is like the king of giving up softies in a Red Wings uniform. Hes no great goaltender, cause if he was, he would be our starter. But no, we have Hasek. First we got rid of Ozzie cause we had Hasek. Now we have Ozzie as our back-up because of having Dom. Which totally proves my point that Hasek is FAR superior between the pipes. Therefore Hasek should be our last line of defense against one of the best teams in the league, and one of the biggest games of the year. And I dont even wanna hear the crap about Ozzie winning the last game against the preds. Oh wow, he wins one time in nashville, so that somehow means he's the best option a month later??? I disagree whole-heartedly. Believe me, I hope Im wrong. Hell, I pray im wrong. But hearing this decision knocked me back a few feet. Because Im realistic and objective. The better tender should be in during the most important game of the regular season, bottom line.

Oh and by the way. Preds fans are already rejoicing on there boards about Ozzie being in tonight...Gee...I wonder why?? rolleyes.gif

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19, 29 March 2007 - 01:19 PM.

#49 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(GodofHockeyStevieY19 @ March 29, 2007 - 01:17PM) View Post

Im not trying to bring the thread down. Im just being realistic. See thats where Im different from alot of the Wings fans that post here. Im not a complete homer. I can sit back and be objective about the situation. Im just being real about things. Like I said, I love Ozzie. And I have tons of great memories with Ozzie in the Winged Wheel. But this isnt the 97-98 season anymore. Calling Ozzie anything other then mediocre is a joke. He's MAYBE somewhat "solid" at his best, but mediocre generally speaking. Other then Cujo, Ozzie is like the king of giving up softies. Hes no great goaltender, cause if he was, he would be our starter. But no, we have Hasek. First we got rid of Ozzie cause we had Hasek. Now we have Ozzie as our back-up because of having Dom. Which totally proves my point that Hasek is FAR superior between the pipes. Therefore Hasek should be our last line of defense against one of the best teams in the league, and one of the biggest games of the year. And I dont even wanna hear the crap about Ozzie winning the last game against the preds. Oh wow, he wins one time in nashville, so that somehow means he's the best option a month later??? I disagree whole-heartedly. Believe me, I hope Im wrong. Hell, I pray im wrong. But hearing this decision knocked me back a few feet. Because Im realistic and objective. The better tender should be in during the most important game of the regular season, bottom line.

Are you kidding yourself? Osgood didn't win one time against the Preds. In his last three starts against them he earned a possible 5 out of 6 points. That is great. Not only that but he played amazing in every one of those games. No goalie in the NHL has a better record against the Preds than Ozzie does so that right there speaks for itself. Preds fans don't even want their team facing Ozzie. What does that tell you?

Osgood is not a mediocre goalie. He is still a great goalie and can get the job done. Babcock and the rest of the team INCLUDING Hasek has confidence in him and rightfully so. He's earned it, and he's earned playing tonight.

As for your whole 'far superior' comment. Did anyone in here state that Osgood was better than Hasek? No. So way to go on that one!

Ever think that maybe he's starting Dom against the Stars because they are a likely first round opponent? It does make sense.

You can go ahead and think what you want and doubt all you want, fact of the matter is Babs knows what he's doing and made a really good decision for tonight's game.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#50 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 29, 2007 - 01:25PM) View Post

Are you kidding yourself? Osgood didn't win one time against the Preds. In his last three starts against them he earned a possible 5 out of 6 points. That is great. Not only that but he played amazing in every one of those games. No goalie in the NHL has a better record against the Preds than Ozzie does so that right there speaks for itself. Preds fans don't even want their team facing Ozzie. What does that tell you?

Osgood is not a mediocre goalie. He is still a great goalie and can get the job done. Babcock and the rest of the team INCLUDING Hasek has confidence in him and rightfully so. He's earned it, and he's earned playing tonight.

As for your whole 'far superior' comment. Did anyone in here state that Osgood was better than Hasek? No. So way to go on that one!

Ever think that maybe he's starting Dom against the Stars because they are a likely first round opponent? It does make sense.

You can go ahead and think what you want and doubt all you want, fact of the matter is Babs knows what he's doing and made a really good decision for tonight's game.

Hahaha. What the hell are you talking about?? Check out the preds boards you dolt. They are happy as hell about no Hasek. Im not saying anyone said Ozzie was better then Hasek. But thats my whole point. Hasek is way better. So way to go on that one! lol. The only semi-intellegent comment you've made is about our possible first round oppnent being the stars. Then that makes sense. But If we had the BETTER goaltender in tonight for the biggest game of the year, we probably wouldnt have to worry about facing a 5 seed in the first round. And yeah, you're right, Babs does usually know what hes doing. Just like the decision to make Ozzie our back-up because he is a mediocre goalie. Even mediocre goaltenders have hot streaks. That still doesnt change his mediocre status. But like I said before, I hope to God im wrong about this.(Cause obviously I wanna see us kick their ass tonight). But im trying not to be a hardcore homer like you. I was just expressing concern because of the magnitude and importance of tonights game. Chill the f*** out.

#51 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

Go Osgood.

I'm happy he is starting. He might not be Hasek, but I thought he played amazing in his last game against Nashville and probably kept us in it. He has a very competitive nature and I think he will be just as ready this game.

Have faith people.

#52 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(GodofHockeyStevieY19 @ March 29, 2007 - 02:41PM) View Post

Hahaha. What the hell are you talking about?? Check out the preds boards you dolt

That still doesnt change his mediocre status. But like I said before, I hope to God im wrong about this.(Cause obviously I wanna see us kick their ass tonight). But im trying not to be a hardcore homer like you. I was just expressing concern because of the magnitude and importance of tonights game. Chill the f*** out.

Sweet! We are back to using these names again... thumbup.gif rolleyes.gif

Best I can remember Ozzie was 3rd star just 2 weeks ago against these same exact Preds... What's so different about tonights game?

Edited by OsGOD, 29 March 2007 - 01:52 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#53 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(OsGOD @ March 29, 2007 - 01:49PM) View Post

Sweet! We are back to using these names again... thumbup.gif rolleyes.gif

Best I can remember Ozzie was 3rd star just 2 weeks ago against these same exact Preds... What's so different about tonights game?

Well, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...you know the rest. wink.gif

It's just the fact that they are 2 points ahead of us, and they are at home where they have one of the best records in hockey. And that was 2 weeks ago. We all know momentum, playing hott, and many other things can change in 2 weeks. I just think its the more logical decision to start the superior goaltender for the biggest game, thats all. Everyone can relax. wink.gif

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19, 29 March 2007 - 01:56 PM.

#54 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(GodofHockeyStevieY19 @ March 29, 2007 - 02:52PM) View Post

Well, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...you know the rest. wink.gif

It's just the fact that they are 2 points ahead of us, and they are at home where they have one of the best records in hockey. And that was 2 weeks ago. We all know momentum, playing hott, and many other things can change in 2 weeks. I just think its the more logical decision to start the superior goaltender for the biggest game, thats all. Everyone can relax. wink.gif

Well, you can think it's the more logical decision all you want, but it's Ozzie getting the nod and rightfully so. You say you like the guy, and yet keep calling him "mediocre at best"...so obviously you don't think so highly of him. He's played extremely well against Nashville, and Babs is showing faith in him. Just sit back and enjoy the game, although you may have to take something to help you relax, seeing how Dom isn't starting tonight.
“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#55 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(tazzer82 @ March 29, 2007 - 02:05PM) View Post

Well, you can think it's the more logical decision all you want, but it's Ozzie getting the nod and rightfully so. You say you like the guy, and yet keep calling him "mediocre at best"...so obviously you don't think so highly of him. He's played extremely well against Nashville, and Babs is showing faith in him. Just sit back and enjoy the game, although you may have to take something to help you relax, seeing how Dom isn't starting tonight.

Well I mean I do like him. But other then a little recent hot streak, I havent seen anything in years from Ozzie that would tell me hes anything better then mediocre. But yes, you are right, Im going to be edgy as hell tonight, cause I dont have alot of faith in Ozzie in comparison to Dom. But like I said, I really hope Ozzie proves me wrong, I really do. But yeah I'll have to go get a 6-pack or something to calm my nerves during this one. yowza.gif

#56 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(GodofHockeyStevieY19 @ March 29, 2007 - 02:41PM) View Post

Hahaha. What the hell are you talking about?? Check out the preds boards you dolt. They are happy as hell about no Hasek. Im not saying anyone said Ozzie was better then Hasek. But thats my whole point. Hasek is way better. So way to go on that one! lol. The only semi-intellegent comment you've made is about our possible first round oppnent being the stars. Then that makes sense. But If we had the BETTER goaltender in tonight for the biggest game of the year, we probably wouldnt have to worry about facing a 5 seed in the first round. And yeah, you're right, Babs does usually know what hes doing. Just like the decision to make Ozzie our back-up because he is a mediocre goalie. Even mediocre goaltenders have hot streaks. That still doesnt change his mediocre status. But like I said before, I hope to God im wrong about this.(Cause obviously I wanna see us kick their ass tonight). But im trying not to be a hardcore homer like you. I was just expressing concern because of the magnitude and importance of tonights game. Chill the f*** out.

First of all, who cares who's better than who Ozzie and Hasek can both kill the Preds. Don't encourage the dolts you will just cause us all to ban together, name calling will get you nowhere.

Secondly, HC probably has more hockey knowledge in her pinky than you have in your whole body so I don't think you have to belittle and berate her to make your point. What she said wasn't just semi-intellegent it is the general thinking of many people on the board that it would be good for Hasek to be ready for a first round opponent, but not to overwork him by giving him b2b when it is completely unnecessary to do so.

And lastly, just because you support Ozzie does not make you a homer. He's a great goalie, and he's done really well against the Preds so I suggest that YOU chill out.

PS. get a Thesaurus as you used mediocre a record number of times in your posts.

Posted Image

#57 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 29, 2007 - 02:29PM) View Post

I'm so sick if ignornat posts like this. You think insulting me is going to make you look better? F**k off.

You didnt call me any names yeah. *Edit* I was first called foolish. And you were insulting to my opinion well before I insulted you. So the only ignorance is from YOU. The attitude in your words were clear. So if you cant take it, dont dish it out. Or you're gonna get schooled again. Face it, you're a homer, you arent objective at all. You never are. Take off the Red goggles. Atleast some Wings fans do. wink.gif You make statements about the preds boards when you are just talking out of your ass. Therefore you are a dolt. Have some facts behind what you say before you get schooled chump.

QUOTE(Offsides @ March 29, 2007 - 02:26PM) View Post

First of all, who cares who's better than who Ozzie and Hasek can both kill the Preds. Don't encourage the dolts you will just cause us all to ban together, name calling will get you nowhere.

Secondly, HC probably has more hockey knowledge in her pinky than you have in your whole body so I don't think you have to belittle and berate her to make your point.

Ive been a hardcore fan of hockey since 1987. Oh wait thats right she was probably born in 87. HAHA. My knowledge to hers isnt even comparable. Not to mention she makes statements of fact without even researching it first. Sounds like alot of great knowledge to me. rolleyes.gif Plus I was belittled first. Try looking back at the posts. She jumped on me like flies on s*** when I stated my opinion. I was polite as hell at first. But after her sarcatic comments she can take the abuse right back. Ive said this like a million time, I HOPE IM WRONG. How many more times do I have to say this. I want Red Wings success. I was juat stating an opinion. Then im verbally attacked. So once again, how bout checking back on the posts before you make yourself look like a fool.

Oh wait a minute. Thats right, she DID call me names first. Her first reply to my original state ment was calling me foolish. So once again. DONT DISH IT OUT IF YOU CANT TAKE IT! Take a looksy for yourself.

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19, 29 March 2007 - 03:44 PM.

#58 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

Oh and btw. I will gladly start a crow eating thread if im wrong about Ozzie tonight. Hell, I hope I have to.

#59 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

nm

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 29 March 2007 - 07:53 PM.

#60 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

This is getting pretty thick in here. Jeez.

omg u suk i no mor abot hokey ten u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 ph34r.gif