• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

3/29 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

Congrats on the win , Wings. They played good, but I thought it was a boring game. I guess it just depends on your style of hockey. I thought the first period was amazing, fast and physical, lots of offensive chances. 2nd and 3rd just seemed very slow and boring. Lots of dumps, poke check to get the puck then clear the zone, then rinse and repeat. Oz was amazing, the only goal given up was a perfect play by Nashville - nothing he could do about it. I actually fell asleep watching the third - I thought it was that dull. When I woke up, I had to get online to see if we won. It's pretty bad when most nights I can stay up past midnight , but I fall asleep before 11 watching a Wing's game. I would just like to see a faster style of play from the Wings. The Anaheim game was; it was refreshing and I enjoyed it. They won, that's what matters.

Congrats on the win , Wings. They played good, but I thought it was a boring game. I guess it just depends on your style of hockey. I thought the first period was amazing, fast and physical, lots of offensive chances. 2nd and 3rd just seemed very slow and boring. Lots of dumps, poke check to get the puck then clear the zone, then rinse and repeat. Oz was amazing, the only goal given up was a perfect play by Nashville - nothing he could do about it. I actually fell asleep watching the third - I thought it was that dull. When I woke up, I had to get online to see if we won. It's pretty bad when most nights I can stay up past midnight , but I fall asleep before 11 watching a Wing's game. I would just like to see a faster style of play from the Wings. The Anaheim game was; it was refreshing and I enjoyed it. They won, that's what matters.

Wow. The third period was crazy. The last 5 or so minutes were some of the most intense hockey I've seen.

Wow. The third period was crazy. The last 5 or so minutes were some of the most intense hockey I've seen.

I fell asleep right before that ^ the last thing I remember was a commercial break with 5 minutes and something seconds remaining. I guess I missed the best part of the game then because everything from 20:00 to 55:00 was uninteresting for me.

Preds are upset they didn't play better against their rival. Even banged up, they're a capable team against all comers. We would be mad at ourselves, too, if we failed to show up for a big game like last night's, so they're frustrated. I'm willing to bet that if the tables were turned and we had four or five key guys out, there would be some 'excuses' from our side, as well, just to be fair. That said, we own the Preds regardless of who they put on the ice. Thanks, Ozzie! :P

edit: They had three out Sullivan, Nichols and Erat

Sullivan is a difference maker, but not to the same extend as Z

Edited by tipetz22

I fell asleep right before that ^ the last thing I remember was a commercial break with 5 minutes and something seconds remaining. I guess I missed the best part of the game then because everything from 20:00 to 55:00 was uninteresting for me.

Were you stoned?

Just kidding :P

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I bet if it was 2-1 Nashville you wouldn't have been sleeping. Nice backhanded compliment.

The Wings played like any other team would play with a one goal lead, defensive and tight.

esteef

I bet if it was 2-1 Nashville you wouldn't have been sleeping. Nice backhanded compliment.

The Wings played like any other team would play with a one goal lead, defensive and tight.

esteef

And did a damn good job doing it. Not bad against "the best offense in the NHL."

You know I had an awful day yesterday, but guess who brightened it up?! That's right..Chris Osgood. What an amazing performance by him yet again!

When the "Ozzie clique" says something about how capable he is and that he is still a great goalie...you all should listen. :P This is seriously some of the best hockey I've seen him play. It's like the Ozzie from the 90's x2. haha LOVE IT!

Also, what a great play by Bert for the Datsyuk goal. What a sweet, sweet move. He made it look so easy.

I gotta say too, that first goal by the Preds was great. The passing and skill they possess is sick! *in a good way* My mouth pretty much dropped when I was watching. Hate em...but they are a great, skilled team.

Hey, I need a quick favor--I've been travelling (no highlights) and am busier than a traffic cop in Chinatown--any chance one of ya could let me know about Bert and Pavel last night? Are they starting to gel? what's up?

Oh fine then, I'll have to do without LGW scintillating prose and wait the video from the game tonight. Fine.

They were looking good all night man, bert set up some really good passes, hence the 2 assists, dats got a goal as usual...they look better and better everytime they hit the ice together

1. They were looking good all night man, bert set up some really good passes, hence the 2 assists, dats got a goal as usual...they look better and better everytime they hit the ice together

Thanks Snake, that's what I like to hear...I think they are going to dominate.