• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dats

Zetterberg to return this Sunday?

Rate this topic

He hasn't taken part in any contact drills yet in practice, and he may only get that chance on Friday morning if they decide to do it in the morning skate. The team will likely not practice on Saturday, so who knows, but I think you'll see him back for the home game vs. Columbus on Tuesday.

IMO, Z should absolutely not partake in Sunday's game. There is no reason to push his return. I'd feel a hell of a lot better if he returned Thursday the 5th. That'll give him those final two games to get back into game mode for the playoffs.

Don't push it. If we do, we could lose him for the playoffs, and thats not worth a couple extra regular season games.

Guest Tombsy

IMO, Z should absolutely not partake in Sunday's game. There is no reason to push his return. I'd feel a hell of a lot better if he returned Thursday the 5th. That'll give him those final two games to get back into game mode for the playoffs.

Don't push it. If we do, we could lose him for the playoffs, and thats not worth a couple extra regular season games.

If he comes back this weekend, its because he is more than 100%. I don't think the Wings organization is stupid enough to bring him back before hes ready.

Just read what they said about Hasek and not playing him in the back2back games.

Good to see Kopecky is closer. I like the idea of having a more physical guy in reserve come playoffs, as opposed to Booter and Hudler/Flip. Hudler or Flip would be put in first, but in case of a 2nd injury (knock on wood) I prefer Kopecky over Booter.

C'mon NFM, you are ruining everyone's buzz. Maybe this is not rushing him back, maybe rushing him back would have been this week.

Don't ruin this for me!

Here's hoping!

Sorry, just trying to keep things even-keel around here. :sly:

If he comes back this weekend, its because he is more than 100%. I don't think the Wings organization is stupid enough to bring him back before hes ready.

Just read what they said about Hasek and not playing him in the back2back games.

Of course they wouldn't. However, when someone returns from an injury things generally aren't as black & white as being 100%. Sure his inflamed disc might be "100%" cured, but the chance to re-aggravate is usually higher, especially with some of the cheap-shot artists out there that know where his injury is/was.

All I'm saying, is that if the Wings feel he's good to come back on Sunday, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to give him one more games rest just to be on the safe side.

You would be awfully sour if he came back, got ran in the back, and was shelved for the season even though he was "100%" going into the game........wouldn't you?

Sidenote: You shouldn't assume that players of Z's status only return when they're 100%. A lot of times a player like Z, who's young, vital to his team, and a true competitor can think he's close enough to 100%, and the re-aggravate an injury. Granted Z has a better head on his shoulders than most players his age, but you just never know.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Agreed. We're in the playoffs, and we're going to finish somewhere 1-4. Just bring him back in time to tune up for the playoffs. If we lose him, we're in big trouble.

if hank does return do you think dats will still be as much as an impact player?

One would hope so!

I really hope he still can put up some goals, as well as Zetterberg.

That makes it harder for other teams when you have more then one offensive threat.

I guess we wiill just wait and see.

I think he will, he might start getting more assists again,and less goals, but I hope not!

Guest LivingtheDream

if hank does return do you think dats will still be as much as an impact player?

Good question! I'm hoping Dats continues with his same attitude and doesn't revert to playmaking at every opportunity. An aggresive Datsyuk makes his play making even more of a threat (keeps them guessing). If both of them play to this level (Hank pre injury and Dats post injury to Hank) they will be absolutely unstoppable (with Bert and Homer taking turns with them).

One would hope so!

I really hope he still can put up some goals, as well as Zetterberg.

That makes it harder for other teams when you have more then one offensive threat.

I guess we wiill just wait and see.

I think he will, he might start getting more assists again,and less goals, but I hope not!

Whether its a goal or an assist, the puck still ends up in the net, and thats all that matters.

Whether its a goal or an assist, the puck still ends up in the net, and thats all that matters.

Well yes of course.

But think if Datsyuk still shot as much as he is right now, but passed just as much.

That would be dangerous for oppenets.

When Zetterberg was playing with Datsyuk, he let him take lead and he fed the puck to everyone, more then he should of, at times he had good oppurtunites to shoot.

Thats what I was getting at. That he continues playing how he is now, still passes, but he is taking more shots, then when he was with Zetterberg before his injury.

Hank back on Sunday would be phenomenal. I hope he doesn't push himself too much b/c he is an immediate target to any team we play...as in, he gets the most defensive attention from the opposition b/c he's a top threat. Feel good and be back soon Zata. :siren:

P.S. This further goes to show that we can have two new Zata threads a day and no one minds! I love it!

Edited by HenrikRules40

I don't think we will see Hank back on Sunday, but I think its a pretty good chance for next Tuesday or Thursday.

I do think Dats will stay giving it the same he is now. At least I hope so. We need him playing like he is now for the Playoffs.

Edited by WingsWingsWings

Guest Tombsy

Here's hoping!

Sorry, just trying to keep things even-keel around here. :sly:

Of course they wouldn't. However, when someone returns from an injury things generally aren't as black & white as being 100%. Sure his inflamed disc might be "100%" cured, but the chance to re-aggravate is usually higher, especially with some of the cheap-shot artists out there that know where his injury is/was.

All I'm saying, is that if the Wings feel he's good to come back on Sunday, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to give him one more games rest just to be on the safe side.

You would be awfully sour if he came back, got ran in the back, and was shelved for the season even though he was "100%" going into the game........wouldn't you?

Sidenote: You shouldn't assume that players of Z's status only return when they're 100%. A lot of times a player like Z, who's young, vital to his team, and a true competitor can think he's close enough to 100%, and the re-aggravate an injury. Granted Z has a better head on his shoulders than most players his age, but you just never know.

I think if Z says hes 100% but the doctors say no, he will not play. If he gets medical clearence and Z says hes not at 100%, he wont play. Z has to be 100% and the doctors have to agree. If it were the Stanley Cup finals, he would play at 50%.

I think if Z says hes 100% but the doctors say no, he will not play. If he gets medical clearence and Z says hes not at 100%, he wont play. Z has to be 100% and the doctors have to agree. If it were the Stanley Cup finals, he would play at 50%.

This I can agree with. But there's nothing wrong with using a little caution. That's my point.

But think if Datsyuk still shot as much as he is right now, but passed just as much.

I firmly believe that isn't possible. :lol:

That he continues playing how he is now, still passes, but he is taking more shots, then when he was with Zetterberg before his injury.

That'll work! :sly:

Little snippet at the bottom of a DetNews article about Lebda being out tonight, Says Zetterberg still doesn't know if he'll be back for the start of the playoffs.

Little snippet at the bottom of a DetNews article about Lebda being out tonight, Says Zetterberg still doesn't know if he'll be back for the start of the playoffs.

I just saw that. Makes me a bit nervous. But I have faith that zetterberg will be back before the playoffs.

Detroit News

rather have him good to go for the play-offs than trying to help us catch first/Presidents.

id rather the see the Wings in tact rather than having the President's again and bouncing 1st round because of a pre-mature return from Z