• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings3:16

Datsyuk Contract Negotiations

Rate this topic

I dunno. If Datsyuk asked for $20 M/4 yrs, then I think he would be signed by now.

agreed ...... 5 million is nothing , if he was to hit the open market he would easily get 6-7 from some desperate team

if it was a 20 mill 4 yr deal , the deal would of been done along time ago

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

If he s***s himself in the playoffs again this year and still gets anywhere near $5mil I'll be pissed. He looks good this season, he's been the only productive player in Zetterberg's absence, so I would imagine this is the year he shows a little resolve in the postseason. If he doesn't, let him walk and sign Daniel Briere in his place.

Just read on Spector's that Datsyuk will be using Marc Savard's 5 mill per season/4 Seasons to compare with his contract negotiations...Not a bad sign, I'd sign him to that much.

Linky poo: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articl...d_sweet/?page=3

(bottom article)

I would think he is using Savard's contract as a starting point looking up. Good sign anyway, should keep that 7mil/year nonsense down.

I dunno. If Datsyuk asked for $20 M/4 yrs, then I think he would be signed by now.

I gotta agree. I'm sure Dats is probably looking for a figure around $6-$6.5 mil. With how he's played this season (especially as of late) if he was asking for $20 M/4 yrs, I believe Kenny would have locked him up, even with his playoff performance still up in the air.

I gotta agree. I'm sure Dats is probably looking for a figure around $6-$6.5 mil. With how he's played this season (especially as of late) if he was asking for $20 M/4 yrs, I believe Kenny would have locked him up, even with his playoff performance still up in the air.

What are the add-ons of Savard's deal? Maybe he is just looking at number of years and incentives as the strcuture of the deal, not the amount? Cause 5 would have been accepted last month.

that's not a bad price, but i would wait until playoffs to see if he is a difference maker or if he plays like he has in the past. but i guess if we dont sign him right away and he does play well come playoff time then it will be a lot harder to sign him. i say sign him now. keep dats in hockeytown

Guest LivingtheDream

God, I am tried of the bashing of our best player (look at the numbers and the rankings).

The playoffs are a lightning rod for Datsyuk's detractors. In the past three postseasons, Datsyuk has tallied no goals and nine assists in 21 games. At the same time, however, no Red Wing has been an offensive standout over the past three playoffs. Brendan Shanahan had just one more point than Datsyuk over those three years. Nicklas Lidstrom had the same number of points. Steve Yzerman had just one more point than Datsyuk.

So, does that mean Shanny, Yzerman and Lidstrom are all playoff choking experts too? PERHAPS, JUST GOD DAMN PERHAPS there might be a reason while all those players failed to produce in the playoffs in the same time period. Hmm, let's think. How about coaching for one - talking Dave Lewis here? That leaves last year

In fact, Yzerman was one of Datsyuk's biggest supporters after the post-season a year ago, saying that people didn't realize how injured badly injured that the Russian was. Datsyuk had to have fluid drained from his thigh during the playoffs.

And Yzerman sees Datsyuk as our future. Let me get this right, some of you know more about hockey and hockey players than Stevie ******* Yzerman? This isn't about being a homer for Datsyuk, this is about commen sense. This team without Datsyuk would be hard pressed to make it INTO the playoffs.

God, I am tried of the bashing of our best player (look at the numbers and the rankings).

So, does that mean Shanny, Yzerman and Lidstrom are all playoff choking experts too? PERHAPS, JUST GOD DAMN PERHAPS there might be a reason while all those players failed to produce in the playoffs in the same time period. Hmm, let's think. How about coaching for one - talking Dave Lewis here? That leaves last year

And Yzerman sees Datsyuk as our future. Let me get this right, some of you know more about hockey and hockey players than Stevie ******* Yzerman? This isn't about being a homer for Datsyuk, this is about commen sense. This team without Datsyuk would be hard pressed to make it INTO the playoffs.

I have to agree with you on your last point. Without Dats there would be two huge ******* holes in our team. A first line playmaker and a powerplay forward QB. No one else would be able to fill those holes in our current lineup if he signs somewhere else, we would be forced to pay through the nose for Briere or someone else more expensive.

Yzerman was one of Datsyuk's biggest supporters after the post-season a year ago, saying that people didn't realize how injured badly injured that the Russian was. Datsyuk had to have fluid drained from his thigh during the playoffs.

And the playoffs before did'nt he have a boken hand or something else...I seem to remember him being injured then too.

so to bag on his playoffs is not really understanding, or at the very least ignoring, significant contributing factors to performance....It would be nice if all of the players were machines like Lidstrom but alas it is not the case.

That being said, 6 mil is fine with me but I would prefer a 5-5.5 with incentive bonuses...perhaps linked to personal playoff performance with a total comp package in the 6-6.5 range MAX....and Ibet that is what he gets.

brutus

Edited by brutus

And the playoffs before did'nt he have a boken hand or something else...I seem to remember him being injured then too.

so to bag on his playoffs is not really understanding, or at the very least ignoring, significant contributing factors to performance....It would be nice if all of the players were machines like Lidstrom but alas it is not the case.

That being said, 6 mil is fine with me but I would prefer a 5-5.5 with incentive bonuses...perhaps linked to personal playoff performance with a total comp package in the 6-6.5 range MAX....and Ibet that is what he gets.

brutus

I don't know. $5 mill is a lot of jack for a guy that hasn't scored a playoff goal in close to 5 calender years. Think about that. He hasn't bent the twine in nearly half a decade.

And what is this going to do with Zetterbergs contract? If Dats gets $5/year then Zetts will demand $7 million a year.

I think Datsyuk would be a good deal for $18/4 with the backend heavier than the front end.

The article does state that the $5 million that Savard makes is a "starting point." From there, Datsyuk is only going to look for more incentives.

$100,000 for every playoff goal, anyone?

Edited by Anomalously

Just read on Spector's that Datsyuk will be using Marc Savard's 5 mill per season/4 Seasons to compare with his contract negotiations...Not a bad sign, I'd sign him to that much.

Linky poo: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articl...d_sweet/?page=3

(bottom article)

That article said nothing about comparison. It said as a starting point. Which means he will start at 5 and go towards 8 or as much as he can get. You also make it sound like "Dats" is using that as a comparision. Thats just some writers opinion.

You're right, It wouldve been done by now. Even if Detroit was waiting around to see what Datsyuk does in the playoff, that contract would is a very tradeable one should Datsyuk continue to stink it up in the playoffs.

I dont buy this for a second. Im figuring this is more like HOLLAND's starting point than Datsyuk and his agent's.

I think Datsyuk would be a good deal for $18/4 with the backend heavier than the front end.

You think Datsyuk will stick around for a lousy 4.5M a season?? You need to give your head a shake if you dont think there are at least 5 teams out there who would offer Datsyuk 6M per season and chalk his playoff lack of success up to him not having top-tier linemates.

After Ovechkin talking to the media about how the Caps need to sign some good players, Id be willing to be bet the Caps would thrown down that money quickly and sign him to a long term contract. Atlanta might see a center like Datsyuk as their final step to greatness as well, playing alongside Kovalchuk. LAs in the hunt for a first line center too and Frolov needs one badly.

Holland will not insult Datsyuk with 4.5M a season. Not to mention, an Eastern team - in a conference that is known for its wide open offesnse and media attention - would easily grab one of the most exciting players who could put up 100 regular season points on a yearly basis easy.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

That would mean that he is paid about the same amount next year (since it is backend heavy contract) as he makes now. I just do not see it happening. If Wings offer only $18/4 he will walk and sign with some other team. You are asking for way too big of a home-team discount.

After Ovechkin talking to the media about how the Caps need to sign some good players, Id be willing to be bet the Caps would thrown down that money quickly and sign him to a long term contract. Atlanta might see a center like Datsyuk as their final step to greatness as well, playing alongside Kovalchuk. LAs in the hunt for a first line center too and Frolov needs one badly.

Do you have a link for Ovechkin talking about it? I missed that one.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Datsyuk is one of those players that I hope to follow in Stevie or Nick's footsteps and retire in the Winged Wheel, without ever having another nhl jersey on. I also hope Zetterberg is in that catagorie. :thumbup: