• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

I know a goal cannot be allowed with a kicking motion directing the puck in. But what if the defender is trying to kick the puck out of the crease and accidentally kicks it into his own net, does the goal count?

I have never seen that in a game so I decided to throw it on here to see if anyone knows the answer? biggrin.gif

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#2 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

if the opposing team puts the puck in his own net by any means, it is a goal.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#3 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

Opposing player can kick, high stick, bat down with his hand, grab it and nosedive into his goal with the puck and it counts.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#4 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

I am thinking this was a joke......if not, I am worried.

#5 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Nothing beats Marc Bergevin catching a dump in and throwing it past a stunned Roman Turek. In the playoffs no less.

Posted Image

#6 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ March 29, 2007 - 09:46PM) View Post

no joke, the opposing player can do anything and everything to the puck, and if it goes in his net, its a goal for the other team

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#7 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

i clicked on this thread thinking we'd be talking about what happens when a player kicks another player with his skate. I'm deeply disappointed in this thread. One time a kid kicked me in the chest with his skate. I slashed him across the arm so hard he immediately clutched his wrist and cried. I got a five minute major for that. He got nothing from the refs, but I wasn't complaining.

#8 skacore

skacore

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ March 29, 2007 - 08:41PM) View Post

Opposing player can kick, high stick, bat down with his hand, grab it and nosedive into his goal with the puck and it counts.

just to make sure this thread goes places... tongue.gif

if a player grabbed it and nosedove into his own net, wouldn't it be blown down because he closed his hand on the puck and had possession

#9 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(rwfan007 @ March 30, 2007 - 04:35AM) View Post

if the opposing team Hemsky puts the puck in his own ANY net by any means, it is a goal.

This is also a known fact.
Burke.gif

#10 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(Wings_Dynasty @ March 29, 2007 - 08:26PM) View Post

I know a goal cannot be allowed with a kicking motion directing the puck in. But what if the defender is trying to kick the puck out of the crease and accidentally kicks it into his own net, does the goal count?

I have never seen that in a game so I decided to throw it on here to see if anyone knows the answer? biggrin.gif

short answer is yes
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(rwfan007 @ March 29, 2007 - 10:50PM) View Post

no joke, the opposing player can do anything and everything to the puck, and if it goes in his net, its a goal for the other team

I was referring to the original question.

#12 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ March 30, 2007 - 08:49AM) View Post

I was referring to the original question.

I've never seen it in a game, so shoot me and kiss my grits.

I had never seen a player put the puck in front of him on a breakaway and then fall down on top of th epuck and slide into the goalie and the goal, but that apparently counts too. It happened in the Brawl in Hockeytown game and that may have been the most pissed I have ever been during a reg. season game.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

#13 poxer

poxer

T-Town's Finest

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(LidstromIsASuperhero @ March 29, 2007 - 11:50PM) View Post

i clicked on this thread thinking we'd be talking about what happens when a player kicks another player with his skate. I'm deeply disappointed in this thread. One time a kid kicked me in the chest with his skate. I slashed him across the arm so hard he immediately clutched his wrist and cried. I got a five minute major for that. He got nothing from the refs, but I wasn't complaining.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I have to agree. biggrin.gif

#14 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ March 29, 2007 - 09:13PM) View Post

Nothing beats Marc Bergevin catching a dump in and throwing it past a stunned Roman Turek. In the playoffs no less.

I will never forget that! I laughed so 'effin hard. You can tell Bergevin was just trying to get rid of it so he didn't get a delay of game penalty, but it was hilarious to see him throw it in his own net.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#15 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:23 AM

Here's how the rule breaks down.

MaGeough gets hammered, covers himself in his own feces, and lets everything go.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#16 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

If a palyer grabs the puck in crease besides the goalie it is a penalty shot, the puck can go off of any part of the defending players body, or stick but if he covers the puck or grabs in the crease it is a penalty shot for any player on the ice

#17 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ March 29, 2007 - 08:46PM) View Post

why?

there is alot of people in this world not up to hockey knowledge like yourself
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#18 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(Lint123 @ March 30, 2007 - 11:28AM) View Post

why?

there is alot of people in this world not up to hockey knowledge like yourself

I didn't really think this was a hockey knowledge type of question, I thought it was more common sense. I equate this to something similar to "If you punch your teammate in the face, is it a penalty?"

Maybe I am the one out in left field here, I just didn't get why there would even need to be a debate.

#19 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ March 30, 2007 - 10:43AM) View Post

I didn't really think this was a hockey knowledge type of question, I thought it was more common sense. I equate this to something similar to "If you punch your teammate in the face, is it a penalty?"

Maybe I am the one out in left field here, I just didn't get why there would even need to be a debate.

maybe we should ask Bettman

#20 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ March 30, 2007 - 11:43AM) View Post

It's not a debate. It's a question.

Like, what is offsides? Can a goalie check a player with the puck behind the net? Can the goalie be a shootout selection? If McGoo whistles in the forest, and no one is around to argue, is he still wrong?

EDIT: Ok, that last one is more of a debate, but we all know the answer.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty, 30 March 2007 - 11:02 AM.