906 replies to this topic

#41 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ March 30, 2007 - 11:30AM) View Post

What the heck is FOX2 ? Guess I don't get to watch this game. Why isn't this on FSN tonight, they can't show Detroit two nights in a row or something? They're trying to force me into watching basketball .. yuck.

FOX2 is WJBK in Detroit and WXSP in Grand Rapids. FSN is carrying the Pistons game.

#42 zetterbergfuturemvp

zetterbergfuturemvp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

its nice and fun that we won our last 2 , but i was thinking, whens the last time we scored 4-5 goals and kicked someone's ass lol ......does anyone remember ? i know the way were playing now is the way we'll have to win most games come playoff time but i was just thinking about the last time the wings gave someone a beat down and i just cant remember

#43 Turretin

Turretin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(zetterbergfuturemvp @ March 30, 2007 - 07:55AM) View Post

its nice and fun that we won our last 2 , but i was thinking, whens the last time we scored 4-5 goals and kicked someone's ass lol ......does anyone remember ? i know the way were playing now is the way we'll have to win most games come playoff time but i was just thinking about the last time the wings gave someone a beat down and i just cant remember

You are seeing the fruits of Babcock's style. Win by allowing less goals will necessitate scoring less goals. Now, we are still in a mini-drought, but the current system we play allows us to win despite the drought. If we got down by a couple of goals, I think you would see a completely different style of play (one like last year when we lost a number of games 4-6 and so on). While it may not be exciting, it does reflect Western Conference Playoff Hockey more, doesn't it?
"Those 'technicalities' have a name, Bobby. They're called the Bill of Rights."
-Hank Hill

#44 zetterbergfuturemvp

zetterbergfuturemvp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Turretin @ March 30, 2007 - 12:05PM) View Post

You are seeing the fruits of Babcock's style. Win by allowing less goals will necessitate scoring less goals. Now, we are still in a mini-drought, but the current system we play allows us to win despite the drought. If we got down by a couple of goals, I think you would see a completely different style of play (one like last year when we lost a number of games 4-6 and so on). While it may not be exciting, it does reflect Western Conference Playoff Hockey more, doesn't it?

unfortunetly

#45 WingsWingsWings

WingsWingsWings

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(zetterbergfuturemvp @ March 30, 2007 - 11:55AM) View Post

It's been quite a while. Would be nice to see.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 Coyotes 2 - Detroit 9

Tue Dec 5, 2006 Blues 1 - Detroit 5

Thu Dec 28, 2006 Blue Jackets 4 - Detroit 7

Sun Feb 11, 2007 Flames 4 - Detroit 7

Would be nice to see a game like that!

#46 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

Won't get to see this one so keep 'er goin' boys! Maybe my spidey senses were a bit off and Sammy gets on the board tonight!

Wings - 6
Stars - 0

Goals: Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, and Calder!

Cheers!
esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#47 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(zetterbergfuturemvp @ March 30, 2007 - 10:55AM) View Post

The lack of consistency and assuredness that we can score when needed is a worry, to me. Every 6-8 games, they pull out 5 or 6 or 7 goals, a couple of times. There was that ridiculous 9-2 game in early October vs. Phoenix - but that was a fluke, obviously. hehe.gif

The majority of the Wings' wins and losses are by a goal or two. When the Wings simply don't generate more than one, it obviously requires the goalie to pull off a shut out to win. If things don't change, that ought to make for an interesting playoff.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#48 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:43 AM

I am feeling good about this game. I'll go with:
Wings:4 (Lidstrom, Lang, Bertuzzi, Cleary)
Stars: 1 (Modono)
Go Blue!!!

#49 WingsWingsWings

WingsWingsWings

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

Maybe with Turco's uneasiness against the Wings, tonight will be different.

Maybe the wings will score more than 3 goals. It would be nice.

#50 detroit313

detroit313

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

will this game air on fsn southwest?

#51 BetweenThePipes

BetweenThePipes

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

I won't be here tonight...so if we lose and Terri comes looking for me, send her my apologies...and don't let her hurt me!!! crazy.gif

Haha...None-the-less I hope for a win

GO WINGS!!!!!!!

Thanks Offsides, You are too kind :)

#52 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

yay another radio game tongue.gif
me thinks 5-2 wings
wings:dats(2), bert, franzen, calder
stars: madano, nagy

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#53 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

Anyone know if Lebda is playing tonight? Or is it more PAIN TRAIN time?!?!? hehe.gif

#54 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ March 30, 2007 - 02:09PM) View Post

Anyone know if Lebda is playing tonight? Or is it more PAIN TRAIN time?!?!? hehe.gif

he's questionable. So Pain Train will be at the Detroit station on time and all over the Stars.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#55 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

That's what i hate about staying in scotland, never get to see my beloved redwings and the time difference is brutal. But i'll stil stay up to listen on the radio. biggrin.gif Wings win.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#56 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ March 30, 2007 - 01:42PM) View Post

That's what i hate about staying in scotland, never get to see my beloved redwings and the time difference is brutal. But i'll stil stay up to listen on the radio. biggrin.gif Wings win.

I love Scotland, been there twice. smile.gif But no hockey would indeed suck. Come join us in the gameday thread tonight (or early tomorrow, to you).

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#57 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ March 30, 2007 - 02:42PM) View Post

hey man I was in england this summer for the world cup and i stayed up till 5am every night to watch the stanley cup playoffs, the coverage was actually very good...i was surprised clap.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

#58 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:02 PM

I'll definetly be there,am off work tomorrow so i can stay up late. tongue.gif and not alot of hockey does indeed suck mad.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.

#59 redwinger4747

redwinger4747

Oh captain, my captain

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

I do have to wonder how do Wings fans end up in Scotland or Austalia and place like that? I love it but how?

....#5 is next. Yzerman & Lidstrom = Gods.

#60 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

NHL 93 on sega laugh.gif just picked the red wings as my team and i've loved them ever since. thumbup.gif
^^Thanks Offsides^^
you'll never walk alone.