48 replies to this topic

#41 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(Turretin @ March 30, 2007 - 10:48PM) View Post

What a great problem to have. The rookies are making it hard on the Wings to bench them. I'd even throw Kopecky's name in the mix for a useful big body if we need to do some pounding one game.

Agreed. thumbup.gif

Obviously Sammy is most people's choice, and you know...it might happen, but I don't think it's very likely.

#42 Bluedevils_13

Bluedevils_13

The Danimal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

We should dress 13 forwards, and play maltby or someone as the extra D when needed.

now in real life....Samuellson, but I think they are going to sit hudler.

#43 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:20 PM

Sammy actually played a pretty good game tonight.

However, the kids have earned their chances.

Samuelsson is a streaky player for better/worse, hopefully he can go on a good trend to end the regular season and carry that momentum, but if it were up to me, at this point in time, he'd be sitting (if everybody was healthy).

#44 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

Samulesson probably and should be sat. Nothing against him or anything, but we have enough guys who play the exact same way.

I'd also like to put something forward here: Kopecky has about as much of a chance to make the roster as Josh Langfeld scoring a hat trick. Please people. Kopecky hasn't played in so long, and judging by recent reports, he probably won't be cleared to play at all for the rest of this season. I just don't see him coming in after missing almost 4 months and make a real impact. Give the spot to Hudler or Flip.

#45 WingsWingsWings

WingsWingsWings

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

I tend to agree with most of the people on here that Sammy should sit. Maltby will make a great Playoff grinder. Even if he doesn't score, he will agitate, and you need that in the Playoffs, and you just don't see Sammy do that enough.

#46 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Samuelsson should be the one to sit, considering he really provides nothing to this team. However, sadly, it will be Hudler that is left out. There is no chance that Filppula is not playing in the playoffs.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#47 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

Sammy is at best is the 13 forward, the kids have just played too well to be dumped out the lineup.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#48 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

If Babcock follows his own philosophy, he'll sit Sammy. He wants players that drive to the net. Sammy is the exact opposite of that. He's a big, strong guy, but he's clearly more comfortable playing a peremiter game.

I have a suspision that unless something changes (like Sammy producing) he'll be the one sitting, at least to start. Take a look at his minutes the past 5 games:

10:34
11:58
10:20
11:31
12:04

No exactly a ringing endorsement.

#49 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Airborn @ March 31, 2007 - 08:20PM) View Post

He's a big, strong guy, but he's clearly more comfortable playing a peremiter game.

Thats what bugs the hell out of me about guys like sammy, they are big guys but seem's to be affraid to be physical. mad.gif and don't drive to the net.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.