• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SoupGuru

The refs hate us!

Rate this topic

A nice twist on a favorite topic - it seems Nashville thought they got hosed by the refs last night.

In a strange twist from yesteryear, the Wings' tough defensive tactics also had the Predators complaining that they weren't getting enough calls from the officials.

"There was an awful lot of clutching and grabbing going on out there,'' Predators center David Legwand said. "It looked like the old NHL out there. But in the playoffs, that's what we're going to have to work through.''

I thought the game was pretty evenly balanced with regard to the officiating: bad calls both ways, missed calls both ways, etc.

Please. They had 2 more PPs than us with two of them in the last couple of minutes in the game. BTW, that goaltender interference was bulls*** on Franzen, Vokoun reached out to get him even though the puck wasn't even in the area. Nashville can suck it about the calls.

esteef

Please. They had 2 more PPs than us with two of them in the last couple of minutes in the game. BTW, that goaltender interference was bulls*** on Franzen, Vokoun reached out to get him even though the puck wasn't even in the area. Nashville can suck it about the calls.

esteef

There is a reason that the Wings have been on the PK more. They are trying to play tougher and grittier. They are hitting more but they are looking for the hit instead of hitting when the oppertunity is there. This is causing them to be out of position and forcing them to take more penalties. This game is all about discipline and not be retarded when it comes to laying down the law.

BTW, that goaltender interference was bulls*** on Franzen, Vokoun reached out to get him even though the puck wasn't even in the area.

Couldn't agree more, that call was horrible!

I was over on HF Boards and you would not believe the whining that Preds fans are doing because of us playing tight defensively last night!

I do not remember us playing a trap. We constantly had 2 guys on the forecheck. They need to stop looking for excuses.

Nashville - 9:59 of PP time.

Detroit - 5:01 of PP time.

They had almost TWICE AS MUCH TIME ON THE PP as we did.

And they're whining. Logic does not seem to be their strong suit in Nashville.

man i have heard it all...."look who was hurt....the refs didn't call everything.....chelios is a cheater...Holmstrom dives.."

big babies..get over it..you lost it happens...take it like men.

you had all of you top scorers on the ice at one time at the end and you still couldn't score.

I think it's normal that refs are to blame when someone losts especially to his rival :thumbdown:

I don't hear them complain and whine that much when they lose to their other 13 rivals.

I was over on HF Boards and you would not believe the whining that Preds fans are doing because of us playing tight defensively last night!

Tough sh!t! That's how every team plays against us in the playoffs. I hope we continue with tight defensive play now till mid-June. Defense wins Championships.

the reason we havn't been able to win the last few playoffs is we have refused as a team to transition from regular season play, to playoff style hockey. The preds are in danger of doing the same thing. Calls won't be made the same in the post season, ask edmonton who got murdered on the power play during the regular season and then once the post season turned what was "penalty worthy" was deemed "the trap". Good for the goose and all that jive.

tough crap nashville.

Do nashville fans want a cookie? They think these are viable excuses for the loss but they are lame. Injuries are on every team, the wings are completely healthy either. The Powerplay time was in favor for nashville so the discussion ends right there on that. They pulled their goalie at the end with a powerplay creating a 6-4 opportunity and still couldnt put it in the net, quit whining, you lost. You were not the better team last night, or the entire season for that matter so shut up and if the preds are smart, they will somehow use this to fuel them in the playoffs.