• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Pick 2 Teams to eliminate

Rate this topic

If you HAD to pick 2 teams to eliminate (1 American, 1 Canadian) who would it be?

My picks are:

Florida and Calgary

Also, I have added a poll of the same effect to the Pool Booth forum.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

man stop picking on florida guys :angry:

my thoughts as well.. florida have tradition with the rats, and show signs of actually going somehwere..

phoenix have been treading water ever since they got there, and even with the best arena in the league (it has it's own Hooters) they can't even get it 1/2 full... ditch them

oh. and florida have the best ice girls in the league

Edited by Cicada

The point is you HAVE to pick a Canadian team. I know it's a tough choice because they all have so much history (except OTT and VAN) but you have tough decisions in life and this is one of them.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

my thoughts as well.. florida have tradition with the rats, and show signs of actually going somehwere..

phoenix have been treading water ever since they got there, and even with the best arena in the league (it has it's own Hooters) they can't even get it 1/2 full... ditch them

florida has one stanley cup final appearance, their attendance isnt THAT bad compared to other bottom dwellers, they have tradition, and coming from S. Florida, id say its the team with second most loyal fanbase, behind the dolphins....heat only now cause of bandwagons, and the marlins fanbase is attrocious

If I HAVE to pick one American AND one Canadian team, my choices are L.A. and Edmonton, If I can pick ones from East And West my choices are Philly and L.A.

also, Why are you doing this, are you taking a poll or survey or just doing it for fun?

Just asking

Edited by Elshupacabra

Saying you HAVE to pick a Canadian team is just plain stupid. They are all strong markets. Thats like saying "Which original six team should we ditch?" or "Which of the six Wings with retired numbers sucked the most?"

I wouldn't eliminate columbus.....they get pretty decent crowds and I think Columbus is a pretty good hockey market.

I'd go with Florida and Phoenix

CBJ this season has about 621,000 total attendance

FLA has 596,000 total...

CBJ has no tradition and no playoff experience

Saying you HAVE to pick a Canadian team is just plain stupid. They are all strong markets. Thats like saying "Which original six team should we ditch?" or "Which of the six Wings with retired numbers sucked the most?"

Yes, requires you to make a decision.

First question you asked: Chicago.

Second: Delvecchio.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Montreal???? :crazy:

ooohhhhkkkkkkkkk

What? I'm not entitled to an opinion, simply because you don't agree with it? I've been to Quebec, and it made a less than favorable impression on me. Add that to how crappy their fans treat the team, and why not? It's my least favorite Canadian team.

I think people dont catch the point of this thread not being THAT realistic :lol::lol::rolleyes:

I'd eliminate the NBA and Wayne Gretzky.

Does that count?

i dislike the mlb more....i just cant get into baseball at all :crazy:

I think people dont catch the point of this thread not being THAT realistic :lol::lol::rolleyes:

i dislike the mlb more....i just cant get into baseball at all :crazy:

Yes. There is no way that ANY Canadian team will be taken out, since they are in FREAKING CANADA!!!

But, once again, if you HAD to choose?

CBJ this season has about 621,000 total attendance

FLA has 596,000 total...

CBJ has no tradition and no playoff experience

Ok and??

Neither does Florida except for one singular year and guess who was their coach that year??

Columbus isn't going anywhere.....

Phoenix has no tradition. Neither really does Minnesota in their current form. Or the Capitals for that matter. Being good once every other decade isn't exactly a tradition.

Trust me, I've either lived in Columbus or around columbus for the past 10 years now, it's a good market for hockey. It isn't the fourth or fifth option after baseball, basketball and the NFL like it is in a LOT of other cities. That and the fact that there are nearly 1.5 million people within half an hour drive of the city means the franchise is there to stay.