• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SweWings

Buffalo is having fun tonight...

Rate this topic

Buffalo is going to rape the rest of the East, especially if Afinogenov is back in time.

I think Buffalo might face the same sort of fate that Detroit did in 03. If their opponent has the defensive skills - which not many teams in the East do - Buffalo could have some serious problems. Ryan Miller hasnt been as stellar this year as he was last, and I wouldnt be surprised to see a bottomfeeder box out the Sabres til theyre bored to death and take their goals from there.

I think Buffalo might face the same sort of fate that Detroit did in 03. If their opponent has the defensive skills - which not many teams in the East do - Buffalo could have some serious problems. Ryan Miller hasnt been as stellar this year as he was last, and I wouldnt be surprised to see a bottomfeeder box out the Sabres til theyre bored to death and take their goals from there.

The biggest difference between 06-07 Buffalo and 02-03 Detroit is that Buffalo actually has the hunger to win the Cup...but that's a whole different topic...I agree with what you're saying though, if anything is going to stop them it's going to be a team with hot goaltending and an elite defense, which rules out everybody in the east except NJ. Even so, I highly doubt the Sabres would roll over and die against a tough defensive system like the Wings did in 03.

Yeah..about Buffalo. When playing them you need to out-muscle them while at the same time playing a disciplined game. You don't really need the most amazing defenders as long as your forwards back you up and forecheck nicely - see Toronto in 5 periods :ph34r: . Then there are teams like the NYR who've just been messed up the last 15 games. I think Buffalo is a tad bit overrated, but obviously there's a reason for that...when they are good, they are Cup-winner good. :unsure:

Unfortunately, I believe that if Buffalo keeps playing as they are now, they will basically run right through whoever they meet. I mean, there is the always the possiblity of an upset, but we will have to see what happens.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres be the East's representative in the Cup Finals.

Unfortunately, I believe that if Buffalo keeps playing as they are now, they will basically run right through whoever they meet. I mean, there is the always the possiblity of an upset, but we will have to see what happens.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres be the East's representative in the Cup Finals.

I agree. I won't be surprised to see the Sabres to come out of the East and go on to win the Cup this season. Whoever faces them in the finals will have to play 60 whole minutes of hockey.

60 minutes, not 40, 48, or 50. <_<

I smell trouble if they end up drawing Carolina as the #8 seed.

If by trouble you mean Carolina getting *****-slapped out of the playoffs in 4 games then yes, I agree...they got lucky last year, Buffalo had 4 of their top 6 defensemen injured...they probably won't even make the playoffs now, they've been unmotivated and inconsistent all year.

Im not picking Carolina in the east or anything, but i dont think Buffalo will make it either. I just think the Sabres having to face the team that defeated them in the 1st round could present a big challenge mentally. Thats the definitely their worst case scenario, as facing any of the other teams in the running for #8 will probably be a cake walk.

Ive already wrote (in a permanent marker) New Jersey in the Finals.

I really like Pittsburgh's forwards but i dont think they have enough on D or in net to make it all the way.