• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

Dumbest thing you've ever heard another teams fans say

Rate this topic

the only reason teams even say that is because of the 02 cup, where yes,...we bought it,..brett hull, lucky luc, and we traded for Dom but still.

OMG-2 free agents doesnt BUY a cup!! did you even read all the players on the list above???

02- Wings want to resign M.Lapointe but Boston signs him--OUTBIDDING Detroit, for $5 mil per year!

so the Wings look to fill the void, they want J.Roenick from Phoenix and offer him 8.5 mil BUT Philadelphia OUTBIDS Detroit and signs him for $11 mil per year!

so the Wings look for other free agents and sign Hull $4.5 mil and Robitaille 4 mill. so its not like the Wings are signing all the top free agents all the time--those 2 were 2nd option signings at the end of their careers!

dumbest thing i've ever heard a hockey fan in general say, came out of the mouth of a nucks fan. I was on another board talking about barret jackman. I casually mentioned that i couldn't believe he beat Zetterberg out for the calder in 03'. Well evidently it was more than the poor canuck could stand, he went on an absoutly tirade about how Jackman was a better player.

Still can't believe zetterberg didn't get the calder that season he was robbed. :angry: jackman is a good player but he ain't no zetterberg.

Guest Tunbo Batman

im pretty sure Z doesnt give a fat flying f*** about the calder, now that he's gonna have a legitimate shot at the cup every year for the rest of his career, while jackman...well....plays for the blues.

im pretty sure Z doesnt give a fat flying f*** about the calder, now that he's gonna have a legitimate shot at the cup every year for the rest of his career, while jackman...well....plays for the blues.

Point is zetts was robbed, but i suppose you're right he does play for the blues, that does suck bigtime. :D

Yeah, I was just going to say that. The RED WINGS have a ton of stupid fans too.

I heard a Wings fan the other day talking about how intimidating and hard-hitting Mathieu Schneider is. MATHIEU SCHNEIDER for god's sake!

Unfortunately, all teams have some real dumb fans, including us.

CASE CLOSED :judge:

A funny thing I heard at a game was in the 05-06 pre-season and the wings were playing Dallas. A buddy and I moved down to seats near the Dallas bench and the two guys in front of us all night had been harassing the bench all game. Then during the 2nd period Steve Ott went to hit Lids right in front of us, but Lids move and Ott went face first into the glass cutting him self above the eyebrow. Ott went to the bench and as he was being bandaged up the guy in front of us yells "Hey Ott, tell your girlfriend you got into a fight" then with out hesitation Steve Ott turns around and replys, "Alright that’s what I'll tell your wife tonight." The guy was completely awe struck and it shut him, up for a while.

Edited by DRWHockeyGood

I'm a Canucks fan so I'm allowed to pick a Wings fan.

"Pick 2 Teams to eliminate, 1 American, 1 Canadian " -- Wings_Dynasty

Source

Another quote from that thread, in response to the topic: "That's like asking which of the six Wings with retired numbers sucked the most?"... ...

I saw that thread yesterday. :P

A funny thing I heard at a game was in the 05-06 pre-season and the wings were playing Dallas. A buddy and I moved down to seats near the Dallas bench and the two guys in front of us all night had been harassing the bench all game. Then during the 2nd period Steve Ott went to hit Lids right in front of us, but Lids move and Ott went face first into the glass cutting him self above the eyebrow. Ott went to the bench and as he was being bandaged up the guy in front of us yells "Hey Ott, tell your girlfriend you got into a fight" then with out hesitation Steve Ott turns around and replys, "Alright that’s what I'll tell your wife tonight." The guy was completely awe struck and it shut him, up for a while.

Dude must have felt like such an ass. :lol:

Another quote from that thread, in response to the topic: "That's like asking which of the six Wings with retired numbers sucked the most?"... ...

I saw that thread yesterday. :P

This thread was a bad joke attempt.

.:: THREAD JACK ::.. (sorry)

Not sure how many of you regularly hang out with Non-Wings fans and watch/talk hockey etc......

How about the smartest thing you've heard another teams fans say?

I forget the year exactly - I'm NOT going to look this up - early-mid 90s maybe? 2nd rd playoffs - Me and the wife were visiting my uncle in Toronto and watching a series between the Habs and Buffalo.

I think I was looking for something to argue about or whatever - anyway I ended up spouting "yeah but you gotta agree that Vladdy is the best D-man in the game right now......."

My uncle (life-long Canadiens fan), his buddies (all Leafs fans) - all just looked at me like an idiot and knodded, "well YES.....duh." I swear the whole thing started and ended that fast.........was sorta weird.

Just odd.......this thread reminded me of that.

aloha

..:: END THREADJACK ::..

EDIT::::: Upon further review......this would count as the stupidest thing a Wings fan said that night.

Edited by DaKineMaui

I live in NH and there are a lot of bruins fans here who hate the Red Wings, i dunno why prob cause all bruins fans are also avs fans because of Ray Bourqe which is rediculous.

However, at a point in this years season when Detroit was number 1 overall, this kid was talkin s*** to me about how boston is so much better. and i say to him.. "number 1 in the leauge number 22 in the leauge.. its no debate."

and he says, "yeah but whens the last time you saw a red wings fight"

"true we dont have many of them"

"yeah and the bruins fight all the time which is why we're so good and the Wings suck"

Wow, thats so hillarious :lol:

Before the start of this season one of my buddies tried telling me that St.Louis was going to have a better record than Detroit this year due to lack of off-season moves and a fossil for a goalie, I shook my head, laughed, and said "ok man"

Before the start of this season one of my buddies tried telling me that St.Louis was going to have a better record than Detroit this year due to lack of off-season moves and a fossil for a goalie, I shook my head, laughed, and said "ok man"

St .louis. :hehe:

Guest Crymson

I haven't had a tremendous amount of interaction with outrageous fans from the other sides, with the exception of Legionnaire11 (or whatever he is called), micah, and the rest of the TooToo lapdogs who visited to offer their hockey prayers to Jordin after the Robidas incident.

Fortunately, most of those with whom I discuss hockey in real life are pretty intelligent and knowledgeable

I feel '02 was our most "bought" championship, BUT, we would have won the cup without Hull, Luc, and Dom... I believe that too.

I'd agree with the statement were it versed as such. Between Dom and Hull, I'd take Hull, though they both ranked up extremely high on the scale.

I don't quite see how you could say this, in any event, as we'd be going in with the '01-loss-to-Kings team + Freddie and minus Martin Lapointe. How would things be any different, and how would we have avoided being steamrolled by what was one of the best Avalanche teams ever? Other teams would have given us significant trouble also; for whatever reason, the NHL as a whole became MUCH more difficult after '98.

Edited by Crymson

I want to say it was in 2003, but my husband and I went with another couple to the last game of the season in Chicago. Well if we would have won that game we would have been first in west. Well we didn't end up winning that game, and of course the Chicago fans were all over us about how WE suck. I had to laugh and just think that their guys would be playing golf a lot sooner than our guys...lol.

Nashville Forum: "Lidstrom sucks and should be traded".

:clap: That one is the winner by far! I remember as soon as I read that in the thread, I Xed out.

Last year, I was going to an April matchup between the Red Wings and the Blackhawks. It was in Chicago. I wore my Yzerman jersey and my dad wore his Konstantinov jersey. Walking down the street into the stadium, we were subject to a lot of heckling from Hawks fans.

Then, this taxi drove by and honked his horn. He stopped, rolled down the window and screamed "see you in the playoffs!!"

The Red Wings won that game like 7-2.