• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

Dumbest thing you've ever heard another teams fans say

Rate this topic

I've seen alot of "nashville fans are stupid" posts on here so i thought i would chime in that every team has really dumb fans. For example, the dumbest thing i've ever heard a hockey fan in general say, came out of the mouth of a nucks fan. I was on another board talking about barret jackman. I casually mentioned that i couldn't believe he beat Zetterberg out for the calder in 03'. Well evidently it was more than the poor canuck could stand, he went on an absoutly tirade about how Jackman was a better player. This mystified me, so i asked him to explain. He said that Zetterberg got alot of attention because of where he played, and that he did have good offensive skills (good is a mild word).

He also said that Zetterberg wasn't very good defensively (will probably come in second for the selke this year) and that he knew that jackman was the better play because Jackman was a great leader. Neverminding the fact Zetterberg is an assistant captain on a team that's currently first overall. He just couldn't see my logic and that any "Real" fan of the game would see how jackman's "incredible" defensive prowess made him head and shoulders above Zetterbergs point per game average, insane skills, and sound defensive play.

So anyway, what's the dumbest thing you've heard from another teams fans?

Actually, I heard a pretty good line last year. Again it was actually from a Canucks fan. Right after the regular season ended and we dominated and won the Presidents Trophy I of course was bragging a little bit about our dominance. His rebutal was ... "Thats what you get when you buy your team."

For those who missed that ... that was last season ... post lockout, hence salary cap. Good for a laguh.

Back in the summer of 1995 my friend and I went to Chicago for a vacation. She wore her Paul Coffey jersey when we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. As we were leaving, there was a group of guys near the bar. One of them said to us, "Red Wings suck!" And my friend said to this guy, "Yeah, well we beat you!"

The Wings had beaten the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference Finals 4 games to 1 that year to advance to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in 40 years.

If you're going to tell a fan of another team that their team sucks, make sure your team won its most recent game and/or playoff series against the other team. :P

Edited by Yzermania19

I was at a Devils game in either 2001 or 2002 (before our most recent Cup). The Devils were playing the Wings.

I heard two people in the row in front of me state:

"Well, we're just as good as the Red Wings. I mean, we've won just as many Cups as they have."

Much like Colorado fans thinking that the NHL started in 1996, Devils fans apparently think it started in 1983.

I also had another argument with a Devils fan who vehemently denied that their franchise was ever the Colorado Rockies.

Guest Tunbo Batman

there was a long rant around here somewhere about the leafs "losing with pride". i was shocked, i did not know that they were THAT desperate.

I don't like this thread and motion it be removed.

How classy do we look with the title of this thread at the top of our page when fans of other teams come to visit? Watch the game, have fun doing it. Red Wings fans can be just as stupid as other fans, so no reason to imply the contrary, which is what you are doing here.

I don't like this thread and motion it be removed.

How classy do we look with the title of this thread at the top of our page when fans of other teams come to visit? Watch the game, have fun doing it. Red Wings fans can be just as stupid as other fans, so no reason to imply the contrary, which is what you are doing here.

Yeah, I was just going to say that. The RED WINGS have a ton of stupid fans too.

I heard a Wings fan the other day talking about how intimidating and hard-hitting Mathieu Schneider is. MATHIEU SCHNEIDER for god's sake!

Unfortunately, all teams have some real dumb fans, including us.

there are at least 6 threads on the front page bashing other teams fans, filled with insults and sterotypes, none of those are prevelant here and yet you choose to say this one is classless?..this is a gee wiz type thing. You don't have to like it, and i don't really care that you don't. Don't read it

Edited by theman19

there are at least 6 threads on the front page bashing other teams fans,..this is a gee wiz type thing. You don't have to like it, and i don't really care that you don't. Don't read it

Those threads are probably not okay.

It's not just about you and about what others can choose to ignore. It's about how you represent an organization and its entire fanbase.

please stop jacking my thread and go away,

your not a mod,

your not even a poster with alot of posts.

This is a site designed for hockey discussion and for red wings fans to have fun, i didn't come in here and say something like

nashvlle suxor 11!!!!!!!!!111 kariay is a fairy LOL!

i just asked a simple question, would it make you feel better if included us into this little very much for fun topic? Cause if not go bother someone else. I'm trying to have a laugh after a tough loss.

x2

that one always made me go,..um? as well,...there are alot of things i'd say if i hated our team but i don't think i'd say that one.

i don't care for the Canadians but i'd never say they sucked 23 stanley cups tend to keep me from saying that.

and when we've dominated the league for that past 10 years you'd think people would have a hard time saying "red wings suck" without going, do i really have nothing else bad to say about them?

im sure a lot of us here are hockey players. i am one myself, and playing really helps me understand the game as a fan. but for some reason, people who dont understand hockey like to make comments about the game play that make no sense at all, and this really irritates me. for example: i was at one of the local hockey playoff games in the league that i play for, to see our competition. a player on one of the teams tried to make a behind the back pass to someone else. it wasnt a good one. the player receiving the puck had to turn around to catch it and ended up in a very awkward position, thus ending any real threat of a scoring chance. however, a guy sitting in front of me decided to declare "That was a nice pass." i really just wanted to stand up and hit the guy, but i was able too keep my cool.

ok, maybe i was exaggerating a bit when i said i wanted to hit the guy, but i really hate it when people say stuff like that.

This wasn't a hockey game, but a football game...

The college I went to (Texas Christian) used to play in Conference USA for sports, which Tulane (located in my hometown of New Orleans) plays in.

It was 2001 I believe, and I was still in college, and we had a football game back down here at Tulane. Tulane usually isn't that good in football, and they weren't that good that year, but they steamrolled TCU in that game actually which I came back down for.

I just went to the game with my family and we sat next to this Tulane fan that was just a jackass. Tulane won the game by like 25, and the game was all but settled in the 3rd quarter, and he was still blowing a hissy fit. I basically told him more/less to shut the f**k up and quit ranting, your team is winning, just be happy. He eventually did, thank God.

Thata wasn't the dumb thing though...

It was early in the 2nd quarter and TCU returned a punt for a TD to tie the score up, but there was a pretty obvious block in the back call which should've been on TCU, negating the touchdown.

The guy goes on by yelling "IF THERE WAS ANY JUSTICE IN THE WORLD, THAT WOULD BE CALLED BACK" and yadda yadda yadda....

I was like...dude, it's just a football game, not a war or political game.

Neverminding the fact Zetterberg is an assistant captain on a team that's currently first overall. He just couldn't see my logic and that any "Real" fan of the game would see how jackman's "incredible" defensive prowess made him head and shoulders above Zetterbergs point per game average, insane skills, and sound defensive play.

So anyway, what's the dumbest thing you've heard from another teams fans?

I know this is stupid and nitpicky, but the A is ALTERNATE, not assistant Captain.

If you're going to win an argument, you have to be flawless in your execution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_jersey

Sorry. I refuse to point out dumb things other teams fans say when there's more than enough dumb posts from Wings fans on LGW. Not pointing out names or examples, I'm just saying that no team in the league is free from dumb fans.

Although, to keep in topic with the thread, I'll entertain you with a dumb thing I've heard said at a (now-defunct) WPHL game here in Tx. Visiting team player takes a shot that rises up, and hits the goalie square on the cage of his mask, knocking him down. (He got right back up not 2 seconds later). What does the drunk guy in the row behind me scream? "THAT'S A PENALTY!!!"

Yes... I can see it now, 2 minutes for Shot On Goal.

ANYONE who thinks and says the Red Wings BUY there championships or are the 'YANKEES" of hockey dont know s***!

What is buying a championship??

I take that to mean that your team is built from free agency--raiding other teams of their top talent and outbidding everyone for them!

Lets see--pick up a media guide and guess what?--look at all the Wings who were drafted by DETROIT!!!

RED WING DRAFT PICKS...

Yzerman

Fedorov

Lidstrom

V.Kozlov --traded w/1st rounder for Hasek

Konstantinov

Mccarty

Knuble

Osgood

Kocur

M.Lapointe

Pushor

McGillis--traded for K.Maltby

K.Primeau--traded w/1st rounder for Shanahan

A.Eriksson --traded w/2 1st rounders for Chelios

Dandenault

Holmstrom

Fischer

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Hudler

Filppula

Kronwall

Lebda --Undrafted Free agent (same as an after draft pick up)

J.Williams --Undrafted FA-- traded for K.Calder

Fleischmann-- traded w/draft picks for R.Lang

-----------------------------------------------

Others....

Draper- aquired off waivers for $1

S.Fetisov- trade for 4th round pick

Legace- Minor league free agent

Mowers- Minor league free agent

Larionov- from trade for R.Sheppard who was signed as unwanted-FA

D.Brown-aquired off Waivers

Do I need to go on????????? that doesnt look liked they BOUGHT a team to me!!!