• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agalloch

2nd Line center next season?

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

Their are plenty of good free agent centers out there, and we obviously need to replace Lang. Obviously, there are a lot of variables that come into place here, depending on who gets resigned and what not, but hey, it's all for fun anyway. Any ideas? Lang's salary is like, 3.8 I think, so that frees up quite a bit of money right there.

Guest Agalloch

Whoops, didn't even realize it was too big. I'll edit it, then.

EDIT: Crap, I can't edit it. >_>

Oh well, everyone knows what I mean, I think.

Edited by Agalloch

I doubt they pick up a center with that freed up salary space. Some will go to Datsyuk and the rest will be used on wingers or the defense. Either Zetterberg and Datsyuk are split up or Filppula is given more time. If we're talking about free agents, I'd love to see Handzus here -- which could be a possibility anyway since he can play center or wing. I think Chicago will re-sign him though.

I doubt they pick up a center with that freed up salary space. Some will go to Datsyuk and the rest will be used on wingers or the defense. Either Zetterberg and Datsyuk are split up or Filppula is given more time. If we're talking about free agents, I'd love to see Handzus here -- which could be a possibility anyway since he can play center or wing. I think Chicago will re-sign him though.

I personally vote for Filppula. The kid can play, he just needs the chance.

Guest Agalloch

Maybe Lang will sign with us again for less money...?

Sure, if he makes the league minimum and agrees to center the fourth line. Otherwise, I'd rather have anyone on this site on the team, because at least they'd most likely have a decent work ethic, and would put forth a good effort.

Guest Agalloch

Why not just wait till offseason? There's no telling what can happen from now till the end of the post season.

Because speculating is fun, and I'm bored. Plus, I'm thinking of how great it will be to have someone besides Lang centering the second line.

The Wings have twelve current roster players signed for next year. For purposes of argument we'll use Howard as the backup goalie since he is signed.

F Zetterberg 2.65

F Holmstrom 2.25

F Draper 2.128

F Samuelsson 1.2

F Franzen 942k

F Filppula 710k

F Cleary 663k

F Kopecky 450k

D Lidstrom 7.6m

D Kronwall 3m

D Lilja 1m

D Lebda 650k

G Osgood 850k

G Howard 733k

Total 24,816

This means we need four forwards and two defensemen, plus two or three reserves, and will have 19-22 million to spend on those positions, depending on the cap increase.

Expected contracts (ballpark) for returning roster players:

F Datsyuk 5.75m

F Bertuzzi 4.55m

F Calder 1.75m

F Hudler 700k

D Schneider 3.5m

D Markov 2.75m

D Chelios 850k

That totals up to 19.8, making a total of 44.616. The Wings can add one more solid forward (Ellis or Bootland?) for under a million, and still have as much as one or two million left under the cap for bonuses and trades.

Markov could also be replaced by Sarich for a similar amount.

This lineup could yield the following lines:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Calder/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Filppula/Samuelsson

Franzen/Draper/Kopecky

Lidstrom/Kronwall

Schneider/Markov

Lebda/Chelios

Osgood

Howard

If Pavel doesn't make the cut this post season, and it's between he and Drury for an equal amount, or even Drury for a slightly greater amount, there really should be zero question as to the proper course of action.

drury is 30 to dats' 28 personally i'd love to have Drury here but dats does alot as well

like you said it depends on what pavel does this post season.

Handzus wants 4 Million Bucks...uhm, no.

CHRIS DRURY is the guy we should pick up if that what Wings management feels we need.

yup chris drury would be awesome , plus he's a playoff player , im sure he's gonna be had by a team for like 4 yrs 20 million .....and above someone said sign bertuzzi for 4.5 ??? i dont know but that just sounds way too much to me , he hasnt done nothing for years , at that price id rather pay an extra million per and go for smyth

Drury would be the best choice. We need right handed forwards, when Lang leaves. Ray Whitney maybe?

But I think our centers will be Zeta, Dats, Flip and Draper and we should get good wingers for them.

Whitney - Zetta - Sammy

Calder - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Hudler - Filppula - Holmström

Cleary - Draper - Franzen

(Grigorenko, Kopecky)

Maltby and Lang out.

My ultimate dream has Nathan Horton as a Wing next year....but we'd have to give up all the compensation picks. Which i would do obviously...but i doubt they would even consider going that route. Or maybe a trade to acquire his rights if he refused to sign with Fla...i dont know. Just a fantasy.

My ultimate dream has Nathan Horton as a Wing next year....but we'd have to give up all the compensation picks. Which i would do obviously...but i doubt they would even consider going that route. Or maybe a trade to acquire his rights if he refused to sign with Fla...i dont know. Just a fantasy.

I would love to see horton play for the wings, but i think we would have to give up to much, Is horton's still rfa at the the end of the season or did he sign a new deal?

I would love to see horton play for the wings, but i think we would have to give up to much, Is horton's still rfa at the the end of the season or did he sign a new deal?

RFA...the last thing i heard a month or two back was that he wanted out. However...that could EASILY be a ploy just to get more money from Fla.