• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agalloch

2nd Line center next season?

Rate this topic

yup chris drury would be awesome , plus he's a playoff player , im sure he's gonna be had by a team for like 4 yrs 20 million .....and above someone said sign bertuzzi for 4.5 ??? i dont know but that just sounds way too much to me , he hasnt done nothing for years , at that price id rather pay an extra million per and go for smyth

I would like to pay Bertuzzi less, but the fact is that's already a 25% pay cut. It's unreasonable to think that if Bertuzzi plays well enough to be resigned, that his pay would be cut below that.

Do you think there may be a havlat type trade to avoid paying him what he wants?

Horton would have to SERIOUSLY want out for that to happen. This is just a pipe dream, im not gonna have any emotional attachment to any Horton to Detroit scenario...i made that mistake last offseason with Lecavalier!

The Wings have twelve current roster players signed for next year. For purposes of argument we'll use Howard as the backup goalie since he is signed.

F Zetterberg 2.65

F Holmstrom 2.25

F Draper 2.128

F Samuelsson 1.2

F Franzen 942k

F Filppula 710k

F Cleary 663k

F Kopecky 450k

D Lidstrom 7.6m

D Kronwall 3m

D Lilja 1m

D Lebda 650k

G Osgood 850k

G Howard 733k

Total 24,816

This means we need four forwards and two defensemen, plus two or three reserves, and will have 19-22 million to spend on those positions, depending on the cap increase.

Expected contracts (ballpark) for returning roster players:

F Datsyuk 5.75m

F Bertuzzi 4.55m

F Calder 1.75m

F Hudler 700k

D Schneider 3.5m

D Markov 2.75m

D Chelios 850k

That totals up to 19.8, making a total of 44.616. The Wings can add one more solid forward (Ellis or Bootland?) for under a million, and still have as much as one or two million left under the cap for bonuses and trades.

Markov could also be replaced by Sarich for a similar amount.

This lineup could yield the following lines:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Calder/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Filppula/Samuelsson

Franzen/Draper/Kopecky

Lidstrom/Kronwall

Schneider/Markov

Lebda/Chelios

Osgood

Howard

That's a pretty solid list there. I can see that happening, but I'd add Grigorenko to the list too. My money's on him making the team out of camp.

That's a pretty solid list there. I can see that happening, but I'd add Grigorenko to the list too. My money's on him making the team out of camp.

Grigorenko will only make the team if Filpulla regresses or they don't resign Bertuzzi/Calder. He's not going to be on the team as the 13th forward, and they already have twelve forwards they may end up going with. I expect Grigs to see a year in the AHL getting acclimated to the different styles and rink size, and giving the team a chance to get a better look at him than they could with him in Russia.

I think Grigs still has a ton of potential, but his situation is not like Dats or Z. He had great potential and then suffered a nearly career ending accident. They are going to bring him along slowly.

Does anyone know if Brian Rolston is a free agent? If he was avalible, he would be a perfect second line center, and a huge upgrade over Lang.

I'd also like to point out that he is not lazy and he doesn't suck! :P

Does anyone know if Brian Rolston is a free agent? If he was avalible, he would be a perfect second line center, and a huge upgrade over Lang.

I'd also like to point out that he is not lazy and he doesn't suck! :P

Hey! there's nobody on the wings who is lazy and sucks! :D