• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

Wings are the worst team in shootouts

Rate this topic

I don't have any stats to back me up but it sure as hell feels like it. I love watching shootouts but when the wings enter one you know we're going to lose. I don't understand it, we have solid shooters, and a solid tender, yet we always choke in them! Oh well, at least theres no shootouts in the playoffs eh!?!? :clap:

Well Hasek is nothing without his blue line stands while 1-on-1, which only works about 15% of the time. And in the shootout it would work about 0% of the time.

Plus Babcock put Bertuzzi and Cleary out last night, as opposed to a finess player. Or one with 1-on-1 moves.

I don't have any stats to back me up but it sure as hell feels like it. I love watching shootouts but when the wings enter one you know we're going to lose. I don't understand it, we have solid shooters, and a solid tender, yet we always choke in them! Oh well, at least theres no shootouts in the playoffs eh!?!? :clap:

Alot of the times we've just been down right unlucky. :( but your right no shootouts in the playoff's. :P

Nothing against Bertuzzi or anything, but I wish Babcock would stop throwing the book at him by putting him in shootouts, especially at home. He's already under pressure to prove himself in the games, so the shootout is just more for him to worry about. He does have good moves though, but at this point in time I don't think he should be going in the shootouts.

And I'd also like mention Hasek majorly blowing in shootouts. He wasn't terrible last night in the shootout (didn't watch it, but only one goal against says it), but for the majority of the he can't stop anyone, because he likes to flip all over the place, and that doesn't work on breakaways or shootouts.

Edited by Kp-Wings

This thread has started off rather dumbly...we've got one guy that says Hasek's rushes to the blue line only works 15% of the time, less than 2 times out of 10 (which is more like the times it DOESN'T), while ignoring the fact that he saved 4 of 5 clean breakaways last night, the one goal against being Zubov's. Then the next guy claims Hasek "flips" all over in shootouts, while I can attest to the fact that if anything he is too controlled in them, more often than not being beat under the blocker or through the legs. He'd save more if he padstacked once in awhile...

Incidentally people can call this what you want, Hasek defending, etc., but all it is is the facts.

Well Hasek is nothing without his blue line stands while 1-on-1, which only works about 15% of the time. And in the shootout it would work about 0% of the time.

Plus Babcock put Bertuzzi and Cleary out last night, as opposed to a finess player. Or one with 1-on-1 moves.

Did we not put Datsyuk out last night? I wasn't able to listen to the game.

I wouldn't blame OT or Shootouts on Hasek or Osgood, they are solid in net.

Babcock seems to make his shootout lineup with out thinking.

Don't get me wrong on Cleary or Bertuzzi, they are both awesome in my book.

But for our three go to guys in the shoot out we need more skilled puck handlers/deakers, players with finease or that can snype out the open area of the oppsing net.

Bertuzzi, is good at that however he still needs to get into the swing of things a little bit.

Hudler, Flippula, Datsyuk, Zetterberg( when not injured) maybe even Draper, are best known for breakaways and dekes over players such as Cleary, Samuelsson, and the others that Babcock has chosen to shoot before our skiled shootout players.

I wouldn't blame OT or Shootouts on Hasek or Osgood, they are solid in net.

Babcock seems to make his shootout lineup with out thinking.

Don't get me wrong on Cleary or Bertuzzi, they are both awesome in my book.

But for our three go to guys in the shoot out we need more skilled puck handlers/deakers, players with finease or that can snype out the open area of the oppsing net.

Bertuzzi, is good at that however he still needs to get into the swing of things a little bit.

Hudler, Flippula, Datsyuk, Zetterberg( when not injured) maybe even Draper, are best known for breakaways and dekes over players such as Cleary, Samuelsson, and the others that Babcock has chosen to shoot before our skiled shootout players.

draper? :crazy:

draper? :crazy:

Did you see his break away goal last night? Or his breakaways in the past through out his career?

Hes better then Sammy, Lang, and some select others. I wouldn't put him in my top 3 but I would put him before some of the other wings.

Did you see his break away goal last night? Or his breakaways in the past through out his career?

Hes better then Sammy, Lang, and some select others. I wouldn't put him in my top 3 but I would put him before some of the other wings.

draper's usualy got hands of stone. last night was an exception. he used to be better, but not much. i'd never want to see draper on the shootout. :ph34r:

draper's usualy got hands of stone. last night was an exception. he used to be better, but not much. i'd never want to see draper on the shootout. :ph34r:

Well you can agrue that point for a lot of the wings.

Hense, why we always loose our shootouts :huh:

Maybe I was wrong to describe him as one of the better, but put it this way, he isn't one of the worst!

My lineup would have to be, considering all wings were healthy:

1. Datsyuk

2. Hudler

3. Zetterberg

4. Flippula

5. Bertuzzi

Thats what I would start with, Start with Dastyuk, get a litte weaker with Hudler, then finish strong with Zetterberg, since he tends to be cluth we could use hiim as well if we were trailing. Then through in Flippula and Bertuzzi.

Well you can agrue that point for a lot of the wings.

Hense, why we always loose our shootouts :huh:

Maybe I was wrong to describe him as one of the better, but put it this way, he isn't one of the worst!

My lineup would have to be, considering all wings were healthy:

1. Datsyuk

2. Hudler

3. Zetterberg

4. Flippula

5. Bertuzzi

Thats what I would start with, Start with Dastyuk, get a litte weaker with Hudler, then finish strong with Zetterberg, since he tends to be cluth we could use hiim as well if we were trailing. Then through in Flippula and Bertuzzi.

that's not a bad lineup. but here is bab's problem: of those five, two are rookies (who have choked when put in the shootouts, perhaps indicating they're not ready) one is injured, and one is just coming back from back surgery. now his inclusion of sammy in the shootout agains columbus was inexcusible, but last night's lineup was maybe his best option. i might toy with switching franzen in for cleary, but bab's doens't have much to work with. hudler and flip have great hands, but don't seem like they're ready to be put on the spot like that just yet. but then again, nobody else is getting it done so bab's might as well get them used to it and get them some experience with it now. i guess what i'm saying is that it isn't an easy choice to make. that and it seems to me that hudler is perpetually in bab's s***house. :hehe::hehe:

the fact is that the game shouldve never went to OT or the shootout in the first place. 3-0 lead in the 3rd and I turn the channel for maybe 5-10 minutes and come back and the game is tied. They need to stay strong throughout games so shootouts are not needed. I guess the only good that came out of it was that they still got a point.

that's not a bad lineup. but here is bab's problem: of those five, two are rookies (who have choked when put in the shootouts, perhaps indicating they're not ready) one is injured, and one is just coming back from back surgery. now his inclusion of sammy in the shootout agains columbus was inexcusible, but last night's lineup was maybe his best option. i might toy with switching franzen in for cleary, but bab's doens't have much to work with. hudler and flip have great hands, but don't seem like they're ready to be put on the spot like that just yet. but then again, nobody else is getting it done so bab's might as well get them used to it and get them some experience with it now. i guess what i'm saying is that it isn't an easy choice to make. that and it seems to me that hudler is perpetually in bab's s***house. :hehe::hehe:

Yeah I realzie they are rookies, they might not be ready for that kind or pressure or lime light. However both of the rookies (Flip and Hudler) have shown they have a decent amount of talent. I don't understand why Babs wouldn't risk putting them in the line up over Sammy, like you said that was just inexcusible.

Franzen might be a decent switch up for Cleary, he has also shown he has some talent on occasions.

Yeah it is not an easy choice what so ever to make, but I think Babcock should think his lineup out a little better.

and hahah about the "that and it seems to me that hudler is perpetually in bab's s***house". :P:P

But i don't want the presidents trophy :hehe:

Apart from the fact that the President's Trophy gets us a matchup with Calgary and home ice through the playoffs, it also means, that the chance of winning the Cup is about 30%. (6 of the last 20 Pres. Trophy winners won the Cup).

Of the 280 playoff teams that haven't won the President's trophy in the last 20 years, 14 won the Cup. That's only a 5% chance.

Go Wings, let's beat Nashville for the 1st overall! :)