• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BobRouse03

Playoff matchups

Rate this topic

I know there is alot of talk about wanting the Wings to win the President's Trophy (people seem to forget about Buffalo) and the debate about wanting the number 1 or 4 seed in the West. The way I see it, the Wings may be better off winning the Central, but finishing number 2 overall. I think these seedings would benefit Detroit: (1) Anaheim (2) Detroit (3) Vancouver (4) Nashville (5) Dallas (6) San Jose (7) Minnesota (8) Calgary. That gives you Anaheim/Calgary, Detroit/Minnesota (less travel and earlier start time), Vancouver/San Jose, Nashville/Dallas. I think the Wings match up the best with either Minnesota and Dallas and the way I figure it they could easily play Minnesota in the first round and Dallas in the second (I see San Jose beating Vancouver and playing Anaheim in the second round). Obviously I dont have a crystal ball and there are never any easy matchups in the playoffs, but this is what I see as the best case scenerio for the Wings. Minnesota had been playing good, but are struggling now, lack depth in terms of scoring, have some defensive gaps and as previously stated it is a close matchup in regards to region, which would elimate travel/time change concerns. Im sure if they played them Backstrom or Fernandez would play like Vezina caliber goalies. What REALISTIC first round matchups are people rooting for?

Topic #3125 asking what team we the fans would prefer to play.

Just for s***s and giggles, I'll say Minnesota. They don't have much offensive depth beyond Gaborik, Demitra, Rolston, and Mark Parrish, and Backstrom is pretty unproven in net. They are strong defensivly though, so that may pose a problem. We'll wait and see what happens.

I suppose my true question got lost in all of my ramblings, I am more interested in seeing what people are looking at for playoff matchups for the West, not necessarily just the Wings. Hopefully it is a twist on a topic that has been beaten to death

Ok.

Detroit/Minnesota

Calgary/Vancouver

Nashville/Dallas

Anaheim/San Jose

Highly doubt we'd see these kinds of matchups in the first round, but no matter. Just my opinion.

thats what i'm hoping for. one week to go...

Ok.

Detroit/Minnesota

Calgary/Vancouver

Nashville/Dallas

Anaheim/San Jose

Highly doubt we'd see these kinds of matchups in the first round, but no matter. Just my opinion.

That would be perfect!

But like you said, thats unlikely to happen.

Nothing wrong with hoping for that though!

The two teams that really scare me are Anaheim & San Jose and if they somehow meet eachother, most likely in the 2nd round, that would be an exciting series, and also help the wings out, assuming we don't see them in the first round.