• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Why the Red Wings need the Presidents Trophy

Rate this topic

I dont get it ... why would you even watch hockey if you dont want or care that your team wins the cup or not

like what are you watching for if your not watching your team to win the cup

You arent getting it man! its just figure skating with a puck. And the puck is the least important part of the game! :hehe:

edit: grammar

Edited by unkempt

I dont get it ... why would you even watch hockey if you dont want or care that your team wins the cup or not

like what are you watching for if your not watching your team to win the cup

You would have to ask people who are fans of other teams that aren't making the playoffs.

They are still watching because they love the team and they love hockey.

Guest Tunbo Batman

well, there WAS some discussion matter, its not as if the guy had went "STNLAYE CPU SUXXX0Rzz olLOLO!!!!!!"" or something.

I seriously don't get why it's a good joke...

Ha ha, like I could make a thread that said "I think Lidstrom is a great hockey player"

Ha ha, no guys...April Fools LOLZ!

:P

I'd like to see the Wings get home ice for a couple rounds of the playoffs, but I actually prefer their chances of starting a series on the road in some cases. For the first two rounds, I like home ice. For potential WCF and SCF matchups, I'd favor the Wings starting the series on the road, so the other team can have the pressure of having to win 2 straight to defend their home ice.

What I don't want is: The #2 seed (terrible jinx) or facing San Jose in the first round.

I'd like to see the Wings get home ice for a couple rounds of the playoffs, but I actually prefer their chances of starting a series on the road in some cases. For the first two rounds, I like home ice. For potential WCF and SCF matchups, I'd favor the Wings starting the series on the road, so the other team can have the pressure of having to win 2 straight to defend their home ice.

What I don't want is: The #2 seed (terrible jinx) or facing San Jose in the first round.

The #2 seed has always and will always scare me. As in..I feel bad for whoever is #2. Haha that's so sad to say but it REALLY is a jinx!

5-I actually agree that the Stanley Cup is WAY overrated. Just get over it already. Of course it would be great to win it, but Ill be plenty happy with a final four after this (other) better-than-expected season.

if the stanley cup is overrated, and every team in the NHL is going for that cup, then you are basically saying the NHL lis overrated. The way you make it sound, why have the NHL at all? Im sorry but the Stanley Cup is not overrated, thats just ignorant to say

if the stanley cup is overrated, and every team in the NHL is going for that cup, then you are basically saying the NHL lis overrated. The way you make it sound, why have the NHL at all? Im sorry but the Stanley Cup is not overrated, thats just ignorant to say

The Stanley Cup is not overrated, and apparently, neither is owning a calendar!

Guest Tunbo Batman

please. of COURSE a 100% of the players are gonna tell you that their ultimate goal in life is the cup. of COURSE 100% of the GMs/owners are gonna tell you that their objective is the cup. but you're not naive enough to believe them are you? just watch them play! just watch the sens in the playoffs! does this look like a team that lives and breathes for the cup to you? thought so. similarly, i dont fret too much over the fact that my team wins the cup or not, there are many more deserving teams/players than cups to award, so there's no need to judge a player or a team's career solely over the number of cups it has won.

I don't care about the rest of the games. Forfeit them all. Look at the last week: Krommers is gone for the season, Lidstrom is "sore", Markov almost bit it for a few games and Lebda had a concussion!

We can't risk any more injuries, especially against a bunch of teams that have nothing to play for (except for their jobs).

Play the Griffins in the Wings uniforms and let's get to round 1 already!

Ha ha...you had me going until the 'we already have enough Cups' bit.

It does raise an interesting question, though--why bother with the President's Trophy at all? With the new unbalanced schedule, it doesn't mean nearly as much as the Prince of Wales Trophy did in the O6 days. As things stand, NHL teams play 82 games of 'preseason' hockey, with nothing more at stake than a good seed in the games that really matter. The PT is a bit like first place in the Grapefruit League.

I feel the Presidents Trophy to not be important to me. It hasn't worked in our favour the past two years, with a first and second round defeat respectivly (oddly enough to those damn Alberta teams). I feel more comfortable at the #4 seed.

i don't care if the wings won the cup 28 times in a row, i would still be pissed if they didn't win the 29th.

thats the thinking we need, not "we have enough cups" crap. whats the point of having a professional sport if the fans dont want their team to win the championship? STANLEY CUP TO THE WINGS 07