• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

NBC Broadcast team

Rate this topic

These guys are really annoying. I thought that Thorne and Clement were bad, but the broadcast booth sounds like a bunch of frat guys that drink nothing but hater-ade, they trash everyone and just sound very un-professional.

There is very little actual "analysis", and way too much banter/opinions from these guys.

Edited by MotownIce

I think its better than most announcers. Especially the VS guys, all they do is drone on and on about nothing. I just really like Brett Hull, he should call every NHL game. Its the first time I really want to listen to the announcers because you never know what Hullie is gonna say and ive actually laughed a few times.

These guys are really annoying. I thought that Thorne and Clement were bad, but the broadcast booth sounds like a bunch of frat guys that drink nothing but hater-ade, they trash everyone and just sound very un-professional.

There is very little actual "analysis", and way too much banter/opinions from these guys.

I was just about to say the same thing. Those guys are morons.

Where did they get the idea that Datsyuk hates Babcock? And since when is Markov im|perv|ious to pain? Yeah, right!

That was absolutely brutal. I would take Ken and Mickey any day over that garbage. Mike Emrick only called plays after they had already happened and the rest of them spent the whole time arguing with Brett Hull.

Oh, I'm not saying that it wasn't entertaining at times- the "perv" remark was hilarious- but it just seemed like the whole broadcast was a forum for Hull and the others to state their opinions (whether accurate or not), rather than to cover a game.

That was absolutely brutal. I would take Ken and Mickey any day over that garbage. Mike Emrick only called plays after they had already happened and the rest of them spent the whole time arguing with Brett Hull.

That was my biggest beef. There were times where there would be no play by play for a minute or two!

Definitely not your same old stale broadcast.

I really don't watch the games for the announcers anyway.

"Doc" and gang did a halfway decent job today.

I like Hull, but he's soooooo damn full of himself.

Do we really need play by play on tv though? I mean we're watchin them play i dont need to be told whats happening when im watching it happen. Thats more of a radio thing where you cant see whats going on.

I was just about to say the same thing. Those guys are morons.

Where did they get the idea that Datsyuk hates Babcock? And since when is Markov im|perv|ious to pain? Yeah, right!

Brett Hull want to be controversial, he said Datsyuk would NOT be back, no chance. Then he realized how stupid that was, but the announcers goaded him into finding some mundane reason why Datsyuk would leave.

Personally I think it was inspired by Hulls hate for his own coach in Calgary, that's where the idea came from. Little does he know, not all players get yelled at by their coach cause SOME players give effort.

I'm pissed at him right now.

Edited by Earthhuman

I enjoyed it but feel it'd get pretty redundant pretty fast. Loved the commentary early on but it did start to grate on me as their lack of natural chemistry together lead to argument after argument. Entertaining yes, but not for the long haul.

Do we really need play by play on tv though? I mean we're watchin them play i dont need to be told whats happening when im watching it happen. Thats more of a radio thing where you cant see whats going on.

Very true. It's a vestigal part of hockey when all people had was radios to know what was going on. As the game evolves, that organ will disappear entirely.

Brett Hull want to be controversial, he said Datsyuk would NOT be back, no chance. Then he realized how stupid that was, but the announcers goaded him into finding some mundane reason why Datsyuk would leave.

Personally I think it was inspired by Hulls hate for his own coach in Calgary, that's where the idea came from. Little does he know, not all players get yelled at by their coach cause SOME players give effort.

I'm pissed at him right now.

Was it Hull who said Datsyuk wouldn't be back? I thought it was that guy standing between the benches, whose voice sounds like Hull's.

Its too crowded, with Pierre sticking his nose in theres just too much going on. I really like Brett and Emrick, and if they want Pierre they need to ditch Olczyk.

I like what seemed to be a jab by Hull at Mikael Samuelsson near the end of the game. I wish Malhotra wouldve just dropped the gloves and beat him down.

Was it Hull who said Datsyuk wouldn't be back? I thought it was that guy standing between the benches, whose voice sounds like Hull's.

No, it was Hull who made the comment that Datsyuk doesnt like Babcock.

I still think the best part about the whole broadcast, was Lebda's snubbing Pierre on the bench. Hands down, that made the NHL on NBC worthy.

It's gold to ignore a guy with pesky questions, then come back quick when he says it's nationally televised. :cool:

Its too crowded, with Pierre sticking his nose in theres just too much going on. I really like Brett and Emrick, and if they want Pierre they need to ditch Olczyk.

I like what seemed to be a jab by Hull at Mikael Samuelsson near the end of the game. I wish Malhotra wouldve just dropped the gloves and beat him down.

No, it was Hull who made the comment that Datsyuk doesnt like Babcock.

I really like Olczyk. He's always talking great bout the Wings. :D

I still think the best part about the whole broadcast, was Lebda's snubbing Pierre on the bench. Hands down, that made the NHL on NBC worthy.

It's gold to ignore a guy with pesky questions, then come back quick when he says it's nationally televised. :cool:

HAHA that was hilarious! Lebs was like 'Oh I am?" ahaha he was just staring outta space catching his breath. Funny stuff.

I really like Olczyk. He's always talking great bout the Wings. :D

HAHA that was hilarious! Lebs was like 'Oh I am?" ahaha he was just staring outta space catching his breath. Funny stuff.

Yeah but he's really just in the way! There's times where there's just too many voices going on at once. Olczyk really has no purpose when Hull's there...youve got Hull and Pierre for banter and commentary, and Emrick for play by play. Ed's just useless!

Mick would chew these guys up and s*** real hockey commentary. These guys were fun to listen gabbing with each other, but they've got nothing on Mickey.

Mickey Redmond, bless him, hasnt been relevant or worthwhile in years. I appreciate his spirit- but he's just a huge collection of repetitive cliches and tiresome phrases.

I really liked them today. Not your typical gushing about the star players, they actually call guys out and criticize. It's just opinions and shouldn't bother anybody too much.

:thumbup: